Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 I_vote_lcapOfficial REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 I_voting_barOfficial REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 I_vote_lcapOfficial REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 I_voting_barOfficial REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs

Go down 
+43
Ignaciorocks
Mikizilla
Avenger909
Yetidiah
shiyanu
HLWG
Burnok
blazinfast
psychonautics
Subz
dermiester
Bergie08
Central_Power_7
Facepuncher
Exalted_Fighter
nonzealot
tuusneegepro
Vergon
x_x_end_x_x
Mr.Blonde
Pissonmyhands
Sharky
Grund
baneofdeath
Azrael_Zephon
wee-doegy
KJC
imsofattest
Soul_Thirst
yiff_fox
Wrathtoruin
KOnYiu
didnotmeanto
verti89
i_4got_my_user
Shankz
epicpowda11
SlvrSrfr
Veracruz
carefulibite
Britlind
sami_gurl
Glorn2
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
x_x_end_x_x
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
x_x_end_x_x

Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:57 am

Some people said it was parasite that causes the fetal errors to occur but idk, i've had 2 errors and only one of the games i was using parasite, other game i was using the elements ulti.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:21 am

it isnt caused by parasite... Most of the skills (like parasite) are straight from WC3; not even triggered spells.

Still working on what might be causing the problem, but anyone who encounters the problem, please try to sum up what happened in the last few minutes of the game. Game modes and skills arent important.

ohh, verti, that problem is cuzzzz, i am a baddy! a trigger isnt going off that resets the rag area; so it still thinks he is in there... that is why you culdnt go in.

All archon kills do, is add up a counter. 1 per each archon; once the number is hit, that's it, the number is hit, the portal is open. They do nothing else.

By this I mean:

Kill archon 1 once, you get 1 point... (no more points after first kill for your team)
Kill archon 2 once, you get 1 point... (no more points after first kill for your team)
Kill archon 3 once, you get 1 point... (no more points after first kill for your team)
Kill archon 4 once, you get 1 point... (no more points after first kill for your team)

Once you have all 4 points, you can enter the rag Q. This isn't triggered at all like the old edits were. No problem will cause you to have to kill archons again.

HMMMM, *****EDIT*****

If it is possibly a skill, it would have to be element mastery... If it can be confirmed to have been in all the games that have crashed, then we have something to go by. but if 1-2 games has no one using it.. then it is out.

Otherwise, I have fixed the rag Q thing.. I think... I had a trigger made up to clear up all of that stuff; but I had it firing at the wrong time :p It now has a back-up fire, when I intended it to. I left the other one in also, just because... well.. It doesn't hurt to have back-up.

Fixed a handful of small things that could potentially cause problems; along with some tooltips.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:57 pm

its not element mastery. the first game i got a fatal error in was a 1v1 with shanks and he was using ele mastery and neither was i
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:24 pm

i'll assume u meant wasn't XD i dont think it's too serious of a problem. I havent gotten a fatal error since it was reported. maybe it just got scared away Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 pm

about the fatal error:
I believe it may have been the widgetizer, I checked a bunch of forums about it, and it can cause game crashes on occasion, depending on what I widgetize. So, I got a new edit ready to go, and will have to hit and miss with what to widgetize or not. Hopefully this is what is causing crashes, cuz this is easy to fix...
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:39 pm

if 40% of widgets are also sprockets and 25% of sprockets are also nougets, what % of widgets are sprockets?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:52 pm

40%
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:44 pm

yiff isnt respawning. was a 3 v 2 game turned into a 2 v 3 game. switch command maybe?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:49 pm

welcome to...page 15?
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:53 pm

page 15 was 3 edits ago.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:55 pm

aaaand your point?
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:56 pm

bringing it back up.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:58 pm

besides everyone knows its WAYYYY more fun to create new stuff for the betas that create more bugs than to actually fix all the bugs from the current version...silly rabbit
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 pm

but thats the thing. get everything fixed. then add more.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 pm

yeah, too bad I cant test everything solo... so I change the broken things.. but they still end up changed...

Finally figured out the yiff problem to.. and it was really quite funny, and well... I'm wearing a dunce cap from it!

And, well, I could release 13 new betas, each one where the only difference is that yiff is broken in a new way; or I can add in other shit to test at the same time...

Test 1 thing at a time, or test 10 things at a time... HMMMMMM... Then you'd be whining, "Why do I have to DL a new beta every 17 minutes?!"

lose/lose for us all, amiright?
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:27 am

Weird code Glitch happened again. It always downgrades Im happy to say. But I pin pointed where it happens and its kind of rare. If you save your code before doing Rag as a safety procaution it will sometimes give you a code that litterally makes no sense. Say you have as your normal code 12 digits or something this bug will give you a 7 digit or 9 digit or 8 digit its pretty random also when this bug occurs your always the one dsync from the others. Player Player player on sync #1 you on sync #2. If you can fix this please do it is kind of annoying when trying to level on to the next level only to hit this wall.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:01 am

have you tested this in multiple situations? Because I have done the same thing... maybe 10 times? And never gotten those results.

I can fix the desync I believe.. It may fix the problem at the same time too...

***Though this will be lost to the pages of "I cant scroll up***
A desync is caused when something happens for a specific player, and it doesn't happen for anyone else. These generally happen in maps that have poorly made JASS trigger. It shouldn't happen in GUI, but it does, because... well, blizzard is blizzard and their world editor is buggier than windows vista on beta release.

Quite literally what happens is that, Player A has something happen (could be a death, could be text displayed only to that player, could be the old rag quest) that doesn't register on the computers of all the other people playing. These can happen simply because battle.net is being slow, or hiccuped. They can also happen from certain triggers. However, battle.net SHOULD fix these, like, the server I mean, is meant to fix there. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. That is why SOMETIMES doing a specific action can be linked to a desync, and sometimes it does nothing. Like the rag quest in older edits, after the new b.net patch came out. 50/50 chance of getting dropped during the Q.
Extreme lag can also cause server splits; along with a handful of other things that cause these to casually happen. However, there are some things that editors do to make the problem worse; like using single-player-target-trigger. The majority of them work, no problem. however, a few will randomly cause problems.

^^Figured that someone, somewhere, might care to know what causes server splits, as explained by me...

I will look into the save/load code, and make sure the trigger is set to (player group) rather than (payer)
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Well so far its happen twice to be honest I got the weird code while in middle of the game. I guess to recreate one could just save their code like a bunch of times after each kill but theres definately something glitchy there. Its a rare though I havent come across it until recently. I guess when I see it again I'll just wait it out not take the chance of dsyn kill the oposing team and reset the codes. It may only effect higher levels. It could be very likely it got corrupted from the last couple of edits.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Ive gotten a shorter code now, but it still saves my stats, oddly enough. Save a replay, if you decide to test this. I will attempt to test it as well. when you save, show your stats also; just to see if is giving the wrong code, but displaying the right stats.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:26 pm

Yea the stats in the current game are the same but are they the same in the next game? Havent tried it next time I come across it I try it though.
Back to top Go down
x_x_end_x_x
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
x_x_end_x_x

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Alright here's one for ya, when everyone leaves the game and you're all alone it doesn't allow you to enter the tomb area anymore. Can't kill Yiff or treasure or buy stats. When you disabled duels when everyone leaves did you also disable the ability to go to that spot?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:39 am

shadow bolt causes game crashes still >.> ask epic it was awesome
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm

... shadow bolt? phantom bolt? details? english?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:27 am

i have no idea. i was using it and i had critical game error and the game ended for everyone and its a shitty ass skill that no one uses. i demand a buff
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:28 am

i was just spamming it on creeps around lvl 6-7 bolt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs   Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official REVOLUTIONS Bugs
Page 14 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next