Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 I_vote_lcapcha 3d bugs - Page 3 I_voting_barcha 3d bugs - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
cha 3d bugs - Page 3 I_vote_lcapcha 3d bugs - Page 3 I_voting_barcha 3d bugs - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

cha 3d bugs

Go down 
+2
Glorn2
carefulibite
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

cha 3d bugs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:14 pm

Orimis wrote:
I am getting fatal error every 2-3 games i am starting to think it might be the game and not the bot.

Orimis did these fatals happen after a switch took place?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 9:20 pm

we had one today; no switches involved.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:18 am

ok these fatal errors are starting to get annoying 3 games in a row.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 3:35 am

1.17 atmas curse works wonderfully for team 1 (well at least red) epic failure team 2(tested on green) used on ghoul and troll hermit.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:45 pm

k; think i found a fix for it. before it gets put on the bot ^_^

I am trying to be effecient with the groups used and such for it; but triggers run INSTANTLY; the .1 it takes for a spell cast to go off means the effects hit AFTER a trigger runs... and I cant use waits in a loop. Not that you are expected to understand any of this. IT IS FRUSTRATING! However, I think I managed to fix it.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Cyclone bug: In duels when cycloning the last remaining hero it gives you the duel win and they're trapped.
Replay: http://s9.clanent.net/replay/view_replay.php?file=886008.w3g about the 24th minute mark. I tried testing this because it didn't happen the next duel but the duel after it happened again and everyone rage quit.

I'm going to double check this in another game to see if it is a fluke or not. So random being a bad boy and game ruining ^_^. Maybe I'll cyclone somebody just before a duel to see what happens.

Edit: Tried atmas the other day seems to be working okay although its tool tip still says 0 damage.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Nice i might have to try that out. How is the cooldown on it is it possible to get 2 guys up at once?
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 pm

I haven't tried that because off hand I can't think of a valid reason why to bother putting more then 1 point into this ability. It seems like a valid way of making skills that were other wise hard to land against extremely mobile opponents.

Off topic but what happened to Phase Shift?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 pm

the cyclone problem was one that i had thought of long ago; but since tornado uses the same concept, and didnt hide the unit; i thought it wouldnt be a problem. clearly, it is a problem. if i cannot get it figured out (im reasonably sure it is a WC3 thing) i will attempt to replace it with a similar skill.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:25 am

Worse comes to worse there's always ensnare although it isn't much of a disable as they're able to attack and cast spells. If I'm not mistaken ensnare is one of those disables that go through avatar. Could be a pretty good skill idea as it wouldn't compete with other disables except maybe bone wall. However bonewall can trap many and combo really well with siphon life where as ensnare would be single target. Ensnare might be worth a shot although it might cancel doom roots or something. Sorry rambling thoughts...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:47 am

I have thought of ensnare many times; my biggest... sadness... with it... is that it is harshly countering of melee, but not of ranged. Bone wall is too; if you invest enough points into it for the bones to not die in 1 hit. Maybe if I combined ensnare with a silence? So they could attack, but not cast spells while ensnared? This would still be more anti melee; but science shows that melee doesn't have as many spells as ranged.

I am about 80% sure that cyclone "hides" the unit; kinda like removing them from the game (the way triggers see them). There is an option in the game settings to not do this, and I have that checked. Due to the fact that 1 outta 3 features in there dont work though...

I removed phase shift due to whiners that it sucked. I personally used it a few times; and agree that it was pretty lacking. I was hoping to do something with it, but it was just to "ehh" in the long run.

stillll looking for suggestions on skills ^_^
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:23 pm

The best case senario I see ensnare is a melee vs ranged avatar or a ranged kite build so if you do a skill like ensnare make sure it works on spell immunes. I would also think it would be usefull farm help against air bring them to the ground then your melee attacks could hit or your ground only spells like land mines or firewall.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:43 pm

Is it possible to add a regen to phaseshift? Maybe if it regenerated hp and mana it could be a decent albeit rage inducing ultimate. Like cost no mana to use it both heals mana and hp while offering a dodge.

Scenario;
Player 1 being half damaged cast storm bolt
Player 2 being near death and out of mana casts phase shift to dodge gains enough mana to cast his killing blow with a stroke of luck.
Player 1 "OMFG" GRRR...
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 am

Argh taunt only momentarily catches attention again.

oops sry this should be right link now

http://clanent.net/replay.php?id=906585

Last edited by Orimis on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 am

I'm getting a "There do not seem to be any stats for that game" message from that link.

Try http://clanent.net/findreplay.php? All you got to do is type your name and then locate the replay. These replays also have the chatlogs so this can come in handy if you were to lose your -save/-load codes.

Here is the replay in question. http://s9.clanent.net/replay/view_replay.php?file=906585.w3g lol looking at the chat log I completely missed the part where he said he would be afk.

I think taunts problem is an engine bug though. Generally if they order an action right as someone cast taunt it will cancel out taunt. However if your standing still or auto attacking taunt will work just fine.

I'll make sure to update the first page with a link to how to locate replays as well.
Back to top Go down
Ithiliond
Unranked
Unranked
Ithiliond

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 am

Hey, I dunno if I'm gonna say something already known but I think writing does not hurt anyone Smile
I'm playing on eu servers the CHA 3d beta 1.19 and found the following bugs:
1. Sometimes the whole game crashes (warcraft3 fatal error; it happens at the same time to my firends playing the same game, and whom and I'm on Skype with). Last time happened during a duel, but I don't have any clue about what can be causing it.
2. Killing yiff with the right timing before the duel, will make him respawn during the duel.
3. Yesterday a friend of mine experienced unusual running behaviour form elemental bosses (he didn't made himself invulnerable; he had melee str hero, with poison nova + rejuv + hex + whirpool), and the fire one died after escaping to a corner, dropping no elemental essence, neither he respawned for the rest of the game. Modes were Normal + Rag + unli weapon.
4. A friend told me that activating Avatar right before the duel will let u start the duel with avatar on and refreshed cooldown. I've not tested it though, and dunno if it is meant to work this way.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:45 pm

I would say about 90% of the fatals are caused by the Yiff Arena. Try laying off Yiff (I know it's hard!!!!) The problem is Yiff arena doesn't show anything wrong as in it doesn't show any unusual leakages. Fact is if anyone has an older computer and somebody kills Yiff/Treasure the games almost always destined to crash eventually.

Back to top Go down
Ithiliond
Unranked
Unranked
Ithiliond

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 am

A few secs ago i crashed again with same fatal error (trying to access to some part of the memory it could not, for what i have understood from the report).
I was in duel, and it crashed when i placed an healing ward (level 15). It was not the yiff arena, but one with trees and broken boxes.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 pm

What I'm trying to tell you is to not kill Yiff/Treasure and your games will crash less. Killing Yiff/Treasure may not cause crashes right away but sooner or later the game will crash because somebody killed them or has been killing them through out the game.
Back to top Go down
Ithiliond
Unranked
Unranked
Ithiliond

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:51 am

Ok thank you carefulibite. Still there are other occasional bugs unresolved.

About skill suggestions:
1. A "mana ward" as a misc skill, just like the mana version of healing ward, would it be balanced?
2. Weak constitution as it is now (-20% and additional -5% per level) seems quite useless after rank 1. I think that, if not the old -20% per level, it can be ok to set it to -20% and additional -10% per level.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Lol wc is an amazing skill and is well balanced as it is, well there are those in the camp of epicpowda11 who think it is way too strong due to the fact it cancels all armor added magic resistance, but i have never heard it described as useless before. perhaps you need to try different magic dmg based skills to go with it.

There are many skills that increase mana regeneration. Mana regen aura regens all teamates near by, guardian ward has brilliance aura, there are several other items that give off brillance aura. restore mana is castable and can be cast on yourself or any teamate (summon or hero), there is abosorb mana, consume, innate mana regen, gift of magi, terraptus which combined with healing ward can act as mana ward or you could even mix terra with holy attacks, vamp attacks, scepter of primarch or any other healing spell to have virtually endless mana, not to mention getting immortal shoulders has insane mana regen.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 am

I haven't used restore mana in a while but I'm pretty sure you can only cast it on yourself. Also I'm pretty sure guardian ward doesn't give brillance aura.

Anyhow on the innate skills Crits and Bashes values are reversed 10% values gives 20% and visa versa.

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 11:25 am

Have I mentioned that Taunt can be dispelled? purge, for instance, will remove it. Just a neat heads up.

Also, with Taunt, if you issue an order the second taunt is cast, you will still follow that order; but remain unable to control your hero.

Restore can be cast on allies.

fixed bashes and crits

I have to agree with orimis and epic in that WC is a very powerful skill, and that it has finally reached a level of "balance". Some math to explain:
Most offensive farmering spells cap at about 1500 damage (roughly) per cast. 8 casts per minute.
Corruption staff hits for 3500; atma beam hits for 8000 (for those extremists)

Assume at hero level 32 the average player has 1000 attack damage, 2 attacks per second, 100 total armor, and 10,000 HP; with 25% evasion. (any slightly decent player should have better stats than this) Generally at this point in the game, the majority of damage comes from auto attacks.

Weak C is 35% at this stage in the game; causing spells to deal ~125% of their listed damage. Math is easy here, 1500 damage, 8 times a minute, is 12,000, + 25%=15,000. Compared to a lack of WC (assume 50% spell damage reduction from items) 12,000 - 55% = 5,400
A rank 2 corruption staff adds another ~7,500 damage per minute.
Atmas beam is another ~10,000 damage per minute.
Rank 2 fire shield is another ~18,000 damage per minute.
A second spell damage based ability is another ~15,000 damage per minute.
An easy way to remember weak C is that it just about triples your spell damage output.

to compare to auto attacking; 2 attacks per second=max attack speed (800 agility, approx). 100 armor means that it takes 4.3333333.... damage dealt, to reduce HP by 1. 1000/4.3= 230. 230 damage per attack, 120 attacks per minute, 27,600 damage per minute; not including evasion. After evasion it is closer to 20,000.

you can draw whatever conclusions you want from this; balanced, imbalanced, OP, weaksauce; but for the majority of us, we feel it is about right.

ANYWAYSSSSSS;
I am reasonably sure that gward adds a mana regen aura around level 9.

On yiff; these problems started what I added in abilities that level as the game progresses. I will remove them for the next patch, and see if anything changes.

Fixed the problem with fire elemental, and found that the water guard could have the same problem; so fixed that as well.

fixed yiff respawning in duels

fixed avatar before duels.
Back to top Go down
Ithiliond
Unranked
Unranked
Ithiliond

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:18 pm

Ty for suggestions (all) and fixes (G2).
- The reason i'd like a mana ward is simply 'cause i like wards skills, and i would love to use one earlier than waiting for 2nd (or 3rd) skill level 9. Ofc i knew there are other "mana gain" skills, but i thaught a "healing ward" like would be fun.
- For WC u have convinced me. My problem was ppl i fight against always get at least 60% SpRed. Even I, don't wait too long to get 60% SpRed in most games (around level 10-15). For level 32, having 75% or even 95% SpRed is not unusual, for what i have seen.
Moreover, i was always confused about weather it increase spell damage or reduces SpReduction (from skill tooltip and sticky topics here in the forum), which don't lead to the same result (reducing SpRed is stronger). After testing it once in combination with banish, I was a bit deluded, but if you tell me it reduces SpRed i guess i was simply unlucky, or maybe i was building my hero badly and/or i was against nice players.

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Yes, WC cancels out all spell damage reduction from items; and then subtracts from their reduction. All heroes have 10% built-in spell damage reduction; which WC does not cancel out. All "spell damage reduction" is based on a 90% scale. That is, 90% is 100%. So, 50% spell reduction on an item actually only reduces that 90% by 50%; making it 45% reduction. However, that 45% stacks with your built in 10%; giving you 55% total reduction. In the same concept; if you take 90% spell damage, and I am causing you to take 50% more; you are really only taking 45% more; for a total of 135% of the listed damage.

the problem I see with a mana ward is that absorb mana, and rally cry both fit this niche too well in the defensive house. Gward, mana regen aura, and restore mana fill it too well in the misc house. The problem then would be balance without making it too much stronger than its alternatives; without making it clearly the better choice. This is why myself and others arent too... "in it" with this skill idea.

I do also like wards; and me and epic have been discussing an armor reduction ultimate ward; and a slow aura ultimate ability. I do enjoy me some auras and wards... mmm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cha 3d bugs   cha 3d bugs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

cha 3d bugs
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next