Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
A bug EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
A bug EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
A bug EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
A bug EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
A bug EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
A bug EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
A bug EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
A bug EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
A bug EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
A bug I_vote_lcapA bug I_voting_barA bug I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

A bug

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerdock
Nooblet
Nooblet
Nerdock

A bug Empty
PostSubject: Bugs for 3.0   A bug EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:50 am

First of all, hey, whats up, I'm Nerdock, I love playing cha, and am brand new to the forums. If I post anything people might say: "well wtfnub, were the ones who run this1one!" Id just like to say that I'd merely like to make the game better with a few humble suggestions. Very Happy I also took some time to test the new map and I found some bugs:

Feedback is completely broken, no mana burn, no damage addition. yes im aware its an orb effect and only used an archer to test it out, no dice, added bash and spiked gavel of the demon, still no burn.
If the game is beginning, the wisp/peon in the chooser area doesnt become a random character.
no duel auto kick if there aren't any duelists in the duel area.
dust storm is completely broken as well, the mobs miss their first attack but even crits and regular attacks go though, i for sure saw myself getting damaged
feedback, even as an orb effect, is also not able to attack air
everyone (this could be an lol easter egg in the game) regardless of how fast you choose your character, is called "stupid noob." xD

suggestions mayhaps:
ziggurats again, those were great
perhaps a stun resist power, Ive developed a wildly imba/op stun biuld, and did so in 6.2 (protected)
maybe a higher frequency of secret random heroes? i restarted and did both -random and the random button and still got heroes I could pick. (restarted and did random about 2-3 dozen times)
not sure if this qualifies as a bug: bash in combination with crit master = when you bash, you dont crit, I dont think it needs changing, but just to put it out there.
same thing with enh magic attacks, if you do the 90% chance to do X extra magic damage you pretty much dont do your regular auto attack damage, it seems that it doesnt get added to your already happening damage, it seems like its its own damage in one attack. i hope that makes sense. :/
also I think maybe more than 2:30 min. would be helpful, maybe 3-4 minutes for starting and character selection time, I mean I dont read slowly and know all of the previous powers but it took me a while to catch up with the new ones. (great new powers btw)

also i had no problems reaching 40

thank you for your time and I hope you find this useful!

p.s. a little more about me so youre not like "wtf is this guy?" i love to be funny and generally just like to be chill with people and of course take a few pot-shots at people if they let me. Smile other than that I thoroughly enjoy CHA and wc3 and cant wait for Star trek online.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

A bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bug   A bug EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Ok first off this should have been posted under bugs and suggestions so I will be moving the original post and this one. Secondly I will answer some of these to the best of my ability, and generally speaking it is very good idea to save a replay whenever you see a bug so that Glorn can look at it and figure out whats going on. Also before you post a long list of bugs, scan through the official 3.0 bug sticky and see if it is already mentioned. Thanks for your post btw.
Blue Colors Are Gonna Be Glorn Editing

Feedback is completely broken, no mana burn, no damage addition. yes im aware its an orb effect and only used an archer to test it out, no dice, added bash and spiked gavel of the demon, still no burn.
The issues of orb effects as used with other skills on ranged characters vs melee characters has been replayed over and over. If you want to understand it, do some reading.
ANY orb of ANY type will go over this. Feedback is NOT an orb; it is a magic attack; overlapped by any orb or other magic type added to your attack.

If the game is beginning, the wisp/peon in the chooser area doesnt become a random character.
HUH? please clarify
I understand, I left a condition out of that. It has been fixed for the next edit.

no duel auto kick if there aren't any duelists in the duel area.
...duh? this has been a problem forever. if you are playing single player you avoid this by using the -st command, if someone quits in the duel and your stuck, i think it basically eventually resets when the next duel would be starting but I can't remember if this is still the case.
You need to wait 5 minutes. In the next edit; I have shortened it a little, and added a timer to tell you how much time is remaining.

dust storm is completely broken as well, the mobs miss their first attack but even crits and regular attacks go though, i for sure saw myself getting damaged
its not completely broken, I am guessing the person hitting you was probably ranged. crits, bashes, etc. from a ranged character are considered magical attacks I believe. therefore they would be considered 'spells' and thats why they are hitting you. a replay would be great though.
Missed hits still deal a percentage of their damage; it is a game mechanic that I choose not to change. However; this spell is being put onto a dummy unit to make it more usable.

feedback, even as an orb effect, is also not able to attack air
everyone (this could be an lol easter egg in the game) regardless of how fast you choose your character, is called "stupid noob." xD
I've never seen this, or even heard of this one. again a replay would be good.
Feedback is not an orb affect. Never seen the stupid noob thing. Could be a corrupt variable during game loading. IDK

suggestions mayhaps:
ziggurats again, those were great
why? what would they do, are you talking about the hut things where you could store extra items? if so between your hero and your peon is it really necessary to have additional storage? I think it is unnecessary and requires the bases to be bigger.
I can add them back, I removed them because there is a limit to the number of buildings you can start with on a map. I dont plan to add them back though.

perhaps a stun resist power, Ive developed a wildly imba/op stun biuld, and did so in 6.2 (protected)
I think its called avatar, or windwalk.
Or evasion, or befuddle, or hex, or darkness, or cripple, or spiked armor, or... idk.. next?

maybe a higher frequency of secret random heroes? i restarted and did both -random and the random button and still got heroes I could pick. (restarted and did random about 2-3 dozen times)
Whine more? There are like 8-9 secret heroes. You have about 1 outta 10 chances of getting one. Bad luck happens sometime.

not sure if this qualifies as a bug: bash in combination with crit master = when you bash, you dont crit, I dont think it needs changing, but just to put it out there.
same thing with enh magic attacks, if you do the 90% chance to do X extra magic damage you pretty much dont do your regular auto attack damage, it seems that it doesnt get added to your already happening damage, it seems like its its own damage in one attack. i hope that makes sense. :/
It does make sense and has been discussed in great detail, check it out.

also I think maybe more than 2:30 min. would be helpful, maybe 3-4 minutes for starting and character selection time, I mean I dont read slowly and know all of the previous powers but it took me a while to catch up with the new ones. (great new powers btw)
the only time a person should need more time than this is when new things are first put in, the rest of the time 2:30 is plenty of time, assuming the host doesn't take forever to do settings. if you want to learn the new crap i would recommend reading about it after the game starts while you are creeping.
This has been addressed in the newest edit (that you guys cant play yet)

thanks for the info though; there are a lot of problems with the game; and I am aware of a lot of them. Many of your questions have been asked before; but thanks for posting. I use these posts to make a checklist of what I need to fix and get done.
Back to top Go down
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

A bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bug   A bug EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:35 pm

By the way, 6.2 protected is vastly different from anything that has come out in recent times. There were indeed builds that were far better than others, but most if not all have disappeared... and anyway, the stun locking ones weren't the best, precisely because there are counters to stuns which make such builds weak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: A bug   A bug Empty

Back to top Go down

A bug
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Map Related Discussion :: Bug Reporting-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com