Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
CHAO needs a new chief!!! I_vote_lcapCHAO needs a new chief!!! I_voting_barCHAO needs a new chief!!! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
CHAO needs a new chief!!! I_vote_lcapCHAO needs a new chief!!! I_voting_barCHAO needs a new chief!!! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

CHAO needs a new chief!!!

Go down 
+10
Mr.Blonde
Subz
imsofattest
Sharky
i_4got_my_user
epicpowda11
Sinnar
Shankz
Dragonslayer995
verti89
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

CHAO needs a new chief!!! Empty
PostSubject: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Ok well as most of you probably have figured out by now, wrath had to leave, leaving me in charge. However a lot of things including my lack of time, a schedule change at work, and the fact that i have been playing CHA for a long ass time, have led me to the conclusion that i (still) am not the right person to be leading CHAO. So... I will tell all of you what I told wrath several months ago. My idea of CHAO is a place where people who enjoy playing CHA can go to play better competition, learn more about the game, and just have generally good conversation with others that share their likes. Whether that is what CHAO is now or has been at some other points in its history is a matter of opinion, mine personally right now is that its really not what I would have liked, but its also not dead which is cool. The bottom line is I need to find someone to take over running the clan. I dont really care if you are BN or CHAO, as I told Glorn earlier I really think it would be cool if all the old school players came back to CHAO and make it back what it once was. So if you are actually interested in becoming Chief please shoot me a note and let me know why you will make a good chief. Ultimately I want CHAO to live on because it has existed for so long in 'clan time' but I just dont have the time or desire to make that happen myself.

If you have any thoughts, questions, suggestions please post them here, and any actual applications or whatever should be sent via PM. So yea... let's hear it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer995
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:25 pm

well you can make my bot cheiftain because it will be on all the time and possibly shankz??? as the leader.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 pm

This is truely kind of sad, this is just some food for thought but could this prolly be a good time for bn and chao to come together as it once was?..
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 am

i suggested it to glorn, dont think he took me seriously, and if it happened the vast majority of the people in chao now would be kicked pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:02 am

why would they be kicked?
Back to top Go down
Sinnar
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Sinnar

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:07 am

I'd do it but I'm the same don't have much time these days ... My girlfriend is a dam slave driver lol.... Between that and working 6 days a week... doesnt leave much leisure time. Shankz is around alot, altho a nub Razz I believe they would be kicked due to inactivity and skill levels BN does things differently to chao i believe.... But i could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:01 am

Meh im on alot sure but im not very skilled nor am i organized enough to run a clan, if it comes down to it i will do it but if someone else more qualified can i prefer they do it lol
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:54 am

i would anticipate people being kicked who are really awful, say stupid shit all the time, etc. but i also dont anticipate it happening so i wouldnt wrry too much
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Verti, if BN took over CHAO the guillotine would come crashing down. Thats just my opinion from when me and Glorn were discussing a merger. But it wouldn't be pretty... Personally, these are the paths I see happening.

I) Vert you re-take Chief. CHAO becomes the fun sociable clan. You come here if you really don't give a shit about skill and competition. You just want some people to chill and play with. This wouldn't work to bad. If you want competitiveness and all that shit, you go to BN, if you want the beer leagues you go to CHAO. (this wasn't intended to offend, just the way its beginning to seem.)

II) Vert, you go active for a few weeks, get someone trained up skill wise and clan management wise to the point where they would be able to rebuild. I would be willing, and I'm sure Glorn would be willing to assist in skills training.

III) CHAO Folds.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 pm

I dont mind helping someone take over at all and Im not opposed to a merger at this point either whatever the cost. Epic your assesment of CHAO in path 1 is accurate of where I would like the clan to be. Back in the day (more than a year ago at this point) that is pretty much how it was, about a dozen very active people who were very good and got along pretty well for the most part and then a bunch of other people who werent as good or talkative but were learning by playing with us and not really causing any negative crap. In this environment I think a certain degree of healthy competition happens naturally. But the problem is now there isnt really any camaraderie within the clan, we don't really hang out at all, so aside from a few people there is very little fun competition, clan matches, etc. This is why i would anticipate a merger being more like clearing chao out of all the people who aren't very active in the community in a positive way, but again this is all a moot point unless glorn and BN decide its something they would be interested in.

Ultimately would I would like to do is get a couple people who WANT the spot whether that be through merger or not and then have a short poll in which everyone from both clans can vote.
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer995
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:25 pm

well i cant be on from about 9:30pm central to about 4:00 pm central cuz i got school but weekends i can be on most of the day i suppose i can try and come back to wc3 a bit more to try and run the clan. or atleast help someone else run it. co-run it w/e
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:18 pm

i want to keep the clan separate from bn, i think that there was just recently a surge of new members that are active. i think the biggest downfall of the clan is getting people that are decent at cha, but dont play it as their main game. the only people that i regularly see playing cha are hstvcj, dermie, shankz, subz, aaannndddddd..... errr.... itll come to me soon enough.... war cheif pro (whos is usually someone else on his acc so ts kinda pointless) ik this may be that im not on when people are usually on but its also because we hava a shitload of afkers. fellessar, any1? i think his record is 19288472355412542167 hours without saying a word, just sitting in the clan chat. those peeps need to go. i dont think any clan member has ever spoken to him, to be honest
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 am

Theres nothing wrong with figure head chiefs I mean imdawinner was like a figurehead chief for a good 2 years of the clans existance. If you want find a chief but I think your probably better off playing the role of figurehead for the time being. Lets see my vote goes to the longest clan membership peon simply because peons rule and grunts and shamans suck ass.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:31 am

eh not to be an asshole or anything but does it really matter what happens to chao i mean shit its not like we need some kind of reform and plan like every chief attempts to do just play it by ear like glorn does and the clan will do fine i dont even really think chao needs a new chief as long as you get on once per week you could manage the clan fine verti just start a complaints thread and recruit a shaman or 2 that you know wont abuse their admin powers and let them do the work for ya
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Sinnar
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Sinnar

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:42 am

agree with fats too, slave labour is great Razz its kinda like a president ... what does he actually do besides sign off on what is suggested to him
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 am

longest peon still in clan <- me, via all my accs throughout the years
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 am

fats, ur missing the point. i dont want to get on once a week, i dont want to manage the clan, IF i get one once every couple weeks thats fine but it will be to play not to promote, demote, kick, invite. i just dont have that much interest anymore. and yea a figure head is fine which is really all i am right now, im just looking for a new one cuz i dont want to do that anymore. what they do with the clan would be 100% up to them, and as far as peonyou, yea he was inactive as hell but terra was...active...to say the least and was essentially running the clan. Unless BN merges back to chao there isn't anyone right now that committed to CHA, and even then im not sure anyone else has ever been as committed to cha as terra Smile. anyways yea thats pretty much all i have to add right now.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Wait, hold the phone. I thought BN was the more competitive side to cha, and chao was like the beer league (woot)... Honestly that's the way I see it. I don't think chao needs a reform or whatever, just take Chieftain Verti, pop in every week, throw a shoe at some bitches when their trippin and log off.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:59 pm

well if it comes to that, then fine, maybe someone will step up like terra did...just less...idk...seriously
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:10 pm

i would do it mate, but the clan really needs some cleaning house and im busy with work/school till christmas time...

i think chao's strongest point is the variety of members as long as you guys keep recruitment up i don't see chao ever dying, at least not like bn eventually will, because the top teir players won't play forever, but an environment of rercruitment can potentially last forever.
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer995
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:38 pm

imsofattest wrote:
eh not to be an asshole or anything but does it really matter what happens to chao i mean shit its not like we need some kind of reform and plan like every chief attempts to do just play it by ear like glorn does and the clan will do fine i dont even really think chao needs a new chief as long as you get on once per week you could manage the clan fine verti just start a complaints thread and recruit a shaman or 2 that you know wont abuse their admin powers and let them do the work for ya

this

my bot can chieftain the clan verti it stays on 24/6.5

lol

i gotta restart my computer every so often or it would be 24/7

but i can take chieftain and manage it a bit. verti will be shaman? shankz will be shaman. and someone we see fit to run it will run it.?
Back to top Go down
dermiester
Average Player
Average Player

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:48 pm

ummmm. k i know im not super good or anything. but i am on alot. like very day for like 4-8 hours. kinda sad actually. i need to get a job. but anyways. if verti and sum1 else wants to like train me and give me all the commands so i can write them down. i could do it. but like dragon said about the hole co cheif thing. id need help from the shamans and what not. .

its just a thought since i am on all the time. the only down side is that i cant host. so unless verti u leave ur bot running. it would work.

unlesss u can find sum1 else who is more qualified to do so.

i was just saying that i would do it if u need me to.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:05 pm

one of you chao people tell verti to update the bot to version 20 plox im tired of playing PM in version 16
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer995
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:08 pm

yeah dermie we can probly train you up a bit. me and verti can teach the ropes.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:20 pm

i think what i am leaning towards is that the few guys that have shown interest be shaman for a bit and ill be the 'figurehead' guy but just basially let them run the show and see what happens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAO needs a new chief!!!   CHAO needs a new chief!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAO needs a new chief!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next