Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... I_vote_lcapCHAO Shaman Selection and more... I_voting_barCHAO Shaman Selection and more... I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
CHAO Shaman Selection and more... I_vote_lcapCHAO Shaman Selection and more... I_voting_barCHAO Shaman Selection and more... I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

CHAO Shaman Selection and more...

Go down 
+8
imsofattest
Britlind
Shankz
Glorn2
sami_gurl
baneofdeath
didnotmeanto
verti89
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

CHAO Shaman Selection and more... Empty
PostSubject: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:11 am

Ok so the idea for this weeks chao party 1v1 was to give the current shamans an idea of how the chao players skills rated against one another...that sorta worked, sorta not because participation wasnt too good. BUT we move on anyways... so...

I have instructed each Shaman to pick a trainee, train that trainee for this next week, and then this coming Friday the 4 trainees will have a round robin tourney to establish a 5th shaman. IF there is enough desire there will also be a glad tourney for the week 5 party for everyone else.

Once we have a 5th shaman the new process for challenging for a shaman spot will be as follows...

Each shaman will have a 'bodyguard'. This will be a high level grunt (in CHAO ONLY)that they are continuing to train and such that will serve as a gate keeper to the shamans spot. For example if Wrath were to take on say Flamdar as his bodyguard, then if you wanted to challenge wrath for his shaman spot, first you would have to beat Flamdar. Also these bodyguards can obviously challenge for Shaman spots, just not their trainer's. However, IF they are going to challenge for a Shaman spot, all the same rules apply to them as do everyone else.

*no challenges can be made until all 5 shamans have had a week with their bodyguards which should be MAY 7th.*

A few rules now about challenging for Shaman...

1. You must have been in chao, and ONLY chao, for at least 1 week. There is a 7 day probation period before you can be promoted to grunt and if thats not up you cant challenge. You also can't be an alt from BN or any other clan because its ultimately for a shaman spot so yea...it matters. Smile

2. You may only challenge 1 bodyguard a week. If you win, but then lose to shaman, you can then challenge a DIFFERENT bodyguard and succeeding shaman within the same week, but if you lose again that is it. It has to be 7 days from your LAST challenge, so you can't challenge saturday, then challenge again Sunday, you have to wait the full 7 days.

3. Bodyguards must only win 2 challenges a week, first come first serve. If a bodyguard loses but their shaman wins, they must still accept 2 more challenges. But a bodyguard will NEVER play more than 3 challenges a week. Likewise a Shaman will never have to play more than 3.

4. If a Shaman loses their bodyguard because said bodyguard leaves clan, or earns shaman spot, they have 1 week sanctuary to pick a new bodyguard and train them some.

5. If a Shaman leaves the clan, or is demoted for some reason, then they will be replaced by an impromptu mini tourney between the current bodyguards.

6. Any new potential shamans are subject to my approval which will include my opinion as well as the opinions of the current shamans. If a shaman has an issue with a potential shaman, they should PM or whisper me their issue, and i will decide if that person is eligible to challenge or not.

7. ALL, and i do mean each and every single challenge, will be handled on the forum. I hope to have a section dedicated for this but if not then it will just involve each current shaman spot having their own thread. If you wish to challenge for a spot you will say so in the appropriate thread. The other shamans will then have 24 hours to voice any issue they may have while you schedule your match with the bodyguard.

8. New Shamans have 1 week sanctuary to pick and train a bodyguard. Shamans that lose must wait 2 weeks before challenging a bodyguard. No losing your spot then taking someone elses the next day.

9. This is a work in progress, changes can and will be made as we learn. I ultimately will do whatever i think is best for the clan as a whole, if you dont like it...too bad. If you ask me for reasoning in a mature way you will get a mature answer, if not...well you get the idea.

10. If a shaman or bodyguard has vacation/finals/etc. and knows they arent going to be able to fulfill their duties, not a big deal, just let me or another shaman know, as long as its not happening all the time your in no danger of losing your position.

11. Game settings will be decided upon by the bodyguard or Shaman.

Things that will get you suspended from, or banned, from challenging (hint: chances are if you get banned from challenging your probably also getting kicked from clan)
-Not following these rules, if you have a question go ahead and ask, but if its already addressed above its going to piss me off...
-Harassing bodyguards or shamans on here or on BNET. If you have a complaint PM me with details
-Constantly challenging and failing miserably. If you suck, dont challenge, because your stopping someone more deserving from getting their chance. If myself and the shamans decide your wasting peoples' time you will get suspended from challenging.
-If you are in BN or any other unknown CHA clan and try to gain CHAO shamanship and are found out you will be banned. I don't care if you're in both clans, i just don't think a person should be a shaman if they are in both clans.

Finally, the purpose of this whole thing is to increase both the skill level and number of people playing CHA. It gives the shamans a reason to train and recruit, it gives the grunts a clear path for gaining shamanism, and it gives the peons a reason to get better. It is meant to be FUN competition for ALL skill levels, not a ego war that splits the clan into 5 little mini clans. If at any point i or a majority of the shamans feel this is hurting the clan it will be stopped until we can come up with a better way to do it. If you have any suggestions or questions feel free to post them here and i will answer them as best I can. -V

Last edited by verti89 on Mon May 10, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Long read this is interesting though. BodyGauds cant challenge the shamans theyre protecting but what if they openly know theyre better then the person theyre protecting? Lets say they challenge the others and lost but they know they can beat their shaman? Did you answer this already? So what do they do step down and wait about a couple of days?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:08 pm

no you cant challenge your shaman, no matter what. and if u did like renounce your body guard rights then turn around and challenge your previous shaman, chances are me and the other shamans are going to have issue with that and say you cant.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:30 pm

Thats kind of lame in a way. You do your job too well and they cant challenge your shaman the other shamans builds counter your builds but the shaman your protecting is getting worse and worse and the only thing protecting them is you. I guess you can throw a game and let someone become a shaman but what happens to you the bodyguard if your protected shaman loses? Just messing around with the whatifs.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:49 pm

well the idea is that you get better by playing with your shaman, so in theory they too would be getting better or at least not worse. and if u lose and then ur shaman loses...ur probably not gonna be recruited to heavy as that new shamans bodyguard lol.

also i hope u wear protection when u mess around with these whatifs, i hear they are a sketchy bunch.
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:35 pm

i think it should be possible to turn on a shammy, I'd introduce a bunch of cultural references of the student outstripping the master... but this isnt culture, its a game. Anyway, this is a great idea. I have heard about it before from vert and ive always supported it. But i think that if the intent is to keep people trained, then the shammies who train people should be able to lose their spot to them. If skill is what this plan is intended to foster, then allowing shammies to be overtaken would keep their playing sharp.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:51 pm

There is going to be 4 other bodyguards possibly gunning for that shaman. If I were to allow you to turn on your own shaman there is now 5 bodyguards, plus other people, gunning for whoever the weakest shaman is at any given time. It also gives you as a shaman a reason not to train someone the best that you can, because if they could potentially turn on you, why would you want to teach them every thing? I am also obviously going to have to come up with some sort of no changing shaman rule for the bodyguards so once you are chosen and accept as a bodyguard you stay that shamans bodyguard until your either defeated and fired or until you earn shaman.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:47 pm

blah. still lame.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:17 pm

As a shaman, you still wouldnt want to over train your bodyguard though... IF he takes out the weakest shaman, then what? you have no bodyguard. At the bare minimum, you would have a horde of people challenging you.

Though I do agree, that with no system, it is just extremely annoying to get challenged 30 times a day by peons.

tough nut to crack.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 8:32 pm

if u lose ur bodyguard u have 1 week of immunity to train another one

and if you make ALL challenges be done through the forum then you dont have to worry about being challenged when they are online...hey i wanna challenge you...ok great, read the forum... the end.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 pm

question on number 5,

if a shammy leaves clan or is demoted, what of his/her body guard? is he still able to compete for the spot or..?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:00 am

i feel like the answer was pretty obvious...if a shaman leaves or is demoted, as soon as possible all 5 current bodyguards will compete in a quick tourney to replace them.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:21 am

Hmmm alright sorry for my stupid question Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 am

Is the tourney gonna be in 3.1 or revs?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:42 pm

3.1 although i might do the glad match for everyone else in 4
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:41 am

alright well now that we have a 5th shaman we can get this thing moving along a bit more...

my current plan is to use this week to get the shamans and their bodyguards figured out, to get the forum organized to handle it, and to be ready to roll starting the following week.

with that in mind i need the shamans to tell me who their bodyguards are so ill be bothering them about that as well, let me know if u have any questions
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:26 am

um yea am i still bodyguardin even tho wrath ratted on me? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:27 am

Currently to my knowledge

Wrathtoruin = britlind

Lionbarrage = Shanks

Sami_gurl = A_black_women_69 (imsofatest)

Undead-boy = Was bong_water but he is shaman now so none at the moment

Bong_water = still finding a guard
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:31 am

no fats, ur not, and it had nothing to do with wrath ratting lol i already knew who u were...unless ur leaving bn u cant be bodyguard
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:42 am

leave!! My bodyguard will get weed brownies @_@
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:59 am

So now Bong,Sami,and undead all need to find new guards ?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:46 am

I will be a guard???

Really, I just want to destroy people who think they are good.

In return, I will allow people who lose to me, but do good, to go on and fight my shaman ^_^

BN is taking over chao!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:55 pm

i've updated the rules to specifically state that bodyguards must be in CHAO only.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:24 pm

haha looser bn people! jk
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:40 pm

No glorn all u gotta do is make a new alias, get wrath in on it, get recruited and only play on wraths bot so nobody but wrath can ip check you. then you gun for verti
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAO Shaman Selection and more...   CHAO Shaman Selection and more... Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAO Shaman Selection and more...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next