Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Shaman/Grunt Training Test I_vote_lcapShaman/Grunt Training Test I_voting_barShaman/Grunt Training Test I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Shaman/Grunt Training Test I_vote_lcapShaman/Grunt Training Test I_voting_barShaman/Grunt Training Test I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Shaman/Grunt Training Test

Go down 
+15
dermiester
vonmahs
Wrathtoruin
Joox
tuusneegepro
epicpowda11
Mr.Blonde
HLWG
Bromancing_The_Venom
Mikizilla
Shankz
stomp2anewbeat
yourespondtoi
Pissonmyhands
Glorn2
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Shaman/Grunt Training Test Empty
PostSubject: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:08 pm

This is manditory of all shaman, and Grunts are welcome to join in.

what this is, is kind of a contest, kind of a tourny, kind of a desire to have a new wave of skilled players in the clan.

Pretty simple, I want all shaman, and interested grunts, to go out, and find a new recruit, or an unknown peon, and train them. No, you cannot pick Stomp. ...Or King Dermie...

This is kind of a way of making sure the shaman can actually do their jobs. We have... very few new recruits... very few training sessions... and, well... A lot of games that aren't CHA. I have heard from many people that "so and so" never trains, or never plays CHA. I have also heard the opposite, about the same people. Not everyone sees everyone in a given day, so, words are just words.

Anyway; this isnt some huge race or anything. I would like everyone to take a week to find a recruit who is actually worth training. I will attempt to play a couple games with the recruits along the way, to lend a helping hand, and some insightful words.

What I am looking for is the ability to teach new players... and the ability to find decent recruits. The only people who have been added to the clan in... 2 months... are people who show up, asking to join the clan. Go hunting, find someone in a public game who really wants to learn the game. They dont have to be good to start, just willing to get their ass beat while they learn the game.

During this time, I want to use my spare time to train some grunts. Mainly, venom, joox, Miki, and Yiff. People who are really good at what they do; but are lacking in some other areas. I will also work with any other grunts who feel they are lacking in an area and want some help.

What spurred this is that I noticed how stagnant our player pool has become, and how stagnant their skill levels have become. Few people are getting better. few are getting worse. Very few are joining.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 pm

my roommate and I will be playing this... he'll post eventually
Back to top Go down
yourespondtoi
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:10 am

ya piss is going to train me
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:51 pm

hey. why cant they pick me?
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 pm

cuz for the most part ur being trained by everybody. + ur grounded xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:46 pm

your grounded... if you want your still welcome to sneak on and play like i offered
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Well I expressed interest in getting some sort of routine training. I have lately been a bit busy with other things and can be on during the weekends normally, I asked Glorn but not sure of your schedule Glorn but I will be on consistently during the weekends ... not tonight I have work but for sure Saturdays to Mondays I can devote time to learning.

But I think the idea of getting new people to play as a requirement seems good ... not sure if its just me but it seems the game has been lagging of late.

And Glorn, I don't think I'm a grunt Smile
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Lol, miki, I will train you when I can, but because of your time and "naturally learned skill" through years of public play, it would be unfair for someone to use you in this mini competition.

As for me training you...

Earlyish in the mornings I am usually free... Early being 10 AM till 12 PM. Generally, midnight is when I get home from work, on any given day. Sundays are my snowboarding days, so, I wont be on until 7-8PM. Generally, late night is the best time to find me; when youre free.

And stomp, name 1 grunt who hasnt taken a decent chunk of time to train you, or train with you... This is why you cannot be used. You are a shared punching bag.

On a more on-topic note, I believe Venom is training FIODA.

Someone was looking to train anhk, he has been on a lot lately... jump on that.

As for pubs, I have seen a few decent ones. But again, it is more about who wants to learn, than who is already skilled.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Laughing naturally learned skill, IOWs bad habits yes—I must UNlearn those. I'm sure when things get going a schedule will be forged.

I just played Fioda (i call him fioda apple) today ... as randomasaurus. I've been inspired by randomloser and think it would be fun to random my way up the exp ladder. If this is a bad idea please tell me lol (although I have to say I began an account called Randomite which consisted of nothing by randoms I think before loser—but his consistency I admire).

I've also played anhk a lot in the public and he says a bunch of BS haha, just like every other public player.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Lol, me and shankz played you, we were using jokey builds; you and your teamate did pretty good. Kicked my healing ass. As soon as I saw health and AMS pots in a pubby game, i knew something was up.

I think playing a lot of random games will allow for you to much more easily grasp a lot of new builds. though, they wont hone a specific type of gameplay.

If you find anyone good in your games miki, you should forward their names to shaman and grunts. Hopefully we can get them recruited. It seems as though many people are actually having a hard time finding people who are interested in training.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:14 pm

I will certainly do so, although lately mana shield + a heavy farmer (normally flamestrike) has saturated public play so much its odd. But there has to be good players out there right?

Training i'd imagine can be as hard on the trainer as the trainee ... but what exactly are people working towards? If you had an influx of good players in the past it'd happen again I think and more often than not in a less noticeable drawn out manner.

But yeah I will refer those I can to the grunts and hopefully something good can come from that.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:46 am

im training fioda, he used to be pretty good but hes been gone and agreed that he needed it
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:37 am

Miki, let me know if you find someone whos active. i dont care if they are good, i just want someone active.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:40 am

Okay I'll be on the lookout ... although one player does pop into mind not sure if you've run across him nana009. He is on a lot although he is one of those players currently running flamestrike + manashield (seriously this build needs to be named something). I've played with him maybe 30+ times in the last 2 months or so and 99.999999999% of the time hes used that build ... annoying yes but he is active and he doesn't leave games either even when hes losing. He hasn't spoken a word either ... so he probably doesn't speak english lol. So ... that probably eliminates him but yeah I'll be looking out and will refer some people soon.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Miki your assignment is to get everyone who is active into the clan channel so i can find someone to train, skill we can beat into them as long as they are active and show some potential
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:15 pm

nana, that was the guy i was thinking of.

I played with him, though he was on my team. He has 370 games played with the bot. He spoke a bit, not a lot, and not anything advanced. He could be euro with basic english skills, or he could be young. Either way, there was english coming out, and he understood things.

Also, in duels, I was ksing with chain light, constantly... He didn't get mad. He pushed creeps on the other side of the map. Made a couple gank attempts. He was decent; I think he would be alright to train.

EDIT;
just had an idea.
V-bot saves how many games people play with it.
So, uhhh....

Is there a way to get the full list? or like, top 50? I meannnn, the top 50 list prolly has some active players who enjoy CHA... considering it is a measurement of how often a person plays CHA.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:34 pm

i think someone has to find verti then the problem is if we ever can find verti online, but i think anyone with over 100 games would be considered possible suspects, since the stats are reset every so often and we can just whittle down that list.

but i think we should just rely on our pub-crawlers (pun intended) aka dermie and miki because they actually play pubs to feel out the community for decent players
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:08 pm

There is a guy called jacky-chan that plays often and he said hes interested. But where do I direct people who express interest ???
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:09 pm

Ok, im going to be training Jacky-Chan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:10 pm

direct them to the channel and tell them to ask for training!
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Looks like ill be training Azrael_Zephon Very Happy wish me luck lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Ill be trolling the bot tonight for a padawan. If anyone has someone Fire me a pm
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:23 am

I foujnd one, named Orimis. Isn't to good yet .. He knows basics and isn't annoying so I'll work with him and hopefully something will turn about Smile
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:47 pm

im a shared punching bag. nice. lol. i really knew the reason. just wanted to know what your reason was. and yeah. i am grounded. it sucks. BUT im getting my own computer!!! Very Happy and its 200x better than mine right now.
Back to top Go down
tuusneegepro
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
tuusneegepro

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:21 pm

What about me? I would reallllly appreciate training based mostly on item builds... It's not as much work as training some1 from scratch, but it is the biggest thing that i feel I'm lacking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaman/Grunt Training Test   Shaman/Grunt Training Test Empty

Back to top Go down

Shaman/Grunt Training Test
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next