Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) I_vote_lcapSome of my noobish builds (HELP!) I_voting_barSome of my noobish builds (HELP!) I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) I_vote_lcapSome of my noobish builds (HELP!) I_voting_barSome of my noobish builds (HELP!) I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)

Go down 
+9
Pissonmyhands
Shankz
Wrathtoruin
Bromancing_The_Venom
Ignaciorocks
Sharky
Glorn2
HLWG
stomp2anewbeat
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) Empty
PostSubject: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Alright. I've decided that i should post some of my builds on here and descriptions on how i used them in order for me to better their use, and in the long run, me.

So, first is my DPS build.

Hero- Hunter

Off- Death Strike

Def- Combat Mastery

Misc- Darkness

Ult- Reincarnation

So im pretty sure this build is self explanatory, but i'll put in my strategy. So i level deathstrike and combat early, only putting one or two points onto darkness before lvl 20 due to small mana pool. First item is usually fire orb, as this build doesnt offer much to farming. After that, i get assassains garb, then totemic. At this point its about half way between third and fourth duel AT LATEST. and you're prolly around level 14. with 1 point on rein, 2 points on darkness, and 5 on ds and 6 on combat. Sword is next. Jagged, as you want searing sword pretty soon. after that, its al going towards immortals ring set (although not getting it, as you lose a LOT of stats.) One item i've found important to this build is scepter of primarch, as dps is going to be VERY high. and you'll steal a lot of health. This is one of my first builds i ever developed. so it probably needs work. a lot of work. I'm guessing people are going to say "No Hunter" "Evasion vs Combat" and "Maybe not Rein" but yeah. And prolly something about my item build. but hey, i decided to do this for constructive criticism. So the more comments the better.

Second build:
Hero- Spell Breaker

Off- Shockwave (or thunderclap... a farming skill in general)
Im pretty open to other ideas on this one... shockwave isnt my favorite.
Def- Spiked/Devotion

Misc- Endurance

Ult- (differs but usually) Death Orb

Another DPS build. Power levelling shockwave early, off leveling spiked or devotion, and 1 or two points on endurance until lvl 16, when i powerlevel it. Stop shockwave at lvl 8 or so, and then take spiked and endurance most of the way to 15. Take death orb on 8 16 24 and 32. Item build is pretty similar to other build. Start with infused cloak, then to cloak of fox, assassains garb, then power set, set armor, regalia, power sheild, warriors set, make warriors token and put it into black knights mail. for high armor, spell reduction, and stats. earlier you get it, the better. then sword (corruption swords i prefer) and then go for ring of speed demon, ring of masterful sheilding, and again, scepter of primarch is one of my favorites.

Well, my brain hurts. More later. Hope you guys comment(:
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Quote :
Second build:
Hero- Spell Breaker

Off- Shockwave (or thunderclap... a farming skill in general)
Im pretty open to other ideas on this one... shockwave isnt my favorite.
Def- Spiked/Devotion

Misc- Endurance

Ult- (differs but usually) Death Orb

Endurance aura is useless on agility heros since there are a ton of items for it. Cloak of the fox, speed set, prismatic set, the 3rd level cloak made with cloak of the fox. Its also useless in the fact that you only need 300 total agility to reach max attack speed, which is a joke on an agi hero. i would switch it for something more useful; maybe darkness. this is similar to my regen build that ive been using, and you just gave my some inspiration/an idea for it.

shockwave is a great farmer, but it has a high skill curve. if you can learn how to use this correctly, it can be very deadly in farming and duels.

make sure you get a ton of +agi items, since this looks like a super armor build. with death orb and darkness you should have them CCed enough to make them hurt, expecially since your auto attack as an agility hero is deadly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm

first build:

you cannot level at all. The only way this build wil ever work is if you are against a bunch of euro server pubs. If you wanna go that route, swap out your defensive to unholy aura, it will be much better. However, this build still have no ability to level, gank, avoid being ganked, kill bosses, kill creeps, or really do anything except sit in a corner hoping no one kills you until you hit level 40, then attempt to bring you 2-38 record around and win the game slowly over the next 2 hours.

Agreed, that was rude, but, that is how bad a build like that is.

second build:

Acceptable. Shockwave is a great farming skill for a lower mana hero like spell breaker. Endurence makes up for his rather slow move speed; and spiked armor/devotion is pretty decent. Death orb is decent, but you should really go for a farmer, a late game ult, or avatar. Your biggest weakness is being kited, and being hit with spells. you build can kind of avoid kiting, by leveling endurence faster; however with nothing at all to defend against spells, you will die to a lot of builds. the reason I suggest a farmer, is that if you outlevel your opponent quite a bit, you will have the extra gold to buy huge AMS pots, and to get spell damage reduction items earlier; thus making it into late game before your opponent, and winning through items.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Yes, first build was my first EVER build created. i am apart of an influx of new players due to vbot hosting on more realms. and yeah. taht bulds garbage. but i felt like i had to put it up there anyways. i havent used it for a while either, its just one of the only ones i have written down. one more build today
This is one of the few caster builds ive been able to be successful with

Hero- Priest

Off- Thunderclap

Def- Wind Walk

Misc- Restore Mana

Ult- Tidal wave

Powerlevel thunderclap till 8, offlevel ww and restore mana, take tidal whenever possible.
i like this build as it lets me farm a lot. thunderclap is one of my favorite farming skills and ive found it useful in duels. for this build i usually just go for items required for shoulders, without getting shoulders. Cloak of hidden and unseen early to mid game, putting cloak of hidding into shell. Scepter of the holy protecter pretty quick after that. First items are glittering and turn it into crown. yeah. have fun ripping that one apart glorn(:
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:08 pm

i forgot to say that you can ww after casting tidal, which is a bitch for people. as they have to waste an item slot for gem.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:17 pm

not bad of a build; pretty good actually. however, DONT USE PRIEST. never use priest, he is a noob hero only. He has no agility and shitty BAT.

With restore mana, you dont need a hero with insane mana gain; unless you are using mana shield.

Pick a hero with a 2.1 BAT and put this build on them. This allows you to not suck completely when your opponent grabs an AMS pot, and LOL's while you auto attack every 2 seconds for 12 damage.

try this build on the Warlock; I think it will work better for you. Or on a melee INT
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Off topic but since when does shock wave have a high skill to use curve on it? Priest isnt that bad. Seriously dog stick by your heros dont want people quoting you saying they suck buff em do ya. You play preist you gank and keep them under farmed or else you deserve the come back loss that falls upon ya.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 pm

and for the average pub, who isnt going to gank and win early, using priest to its prime ability; you are better off having some form of backup; in terms of DPS.

Really, the biggest thing against priest is that you have mana restore also. Your build is not that mana intensive that you need both. If you insist on priest with those skills, swap restore mana to consume. It will give you both mana and HP; making you less squishy, and giving you something to spend mana on. you can also cast WW while channeling consume, which is a good combo to run.
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:26 am

Glorn..... i tried the warlock in a 1v1 against H. he pulled a regen build and...... .well.... h is better than me.....by a lot..... it wasnt 100% destroyance tho.
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 1:53 am

another build i tried.... did okay.

Hero- Siren

Off- Monsoon

Def- Static Shock

Misc- Banish

Ult- Silent Night

i was thinking siren wasnt such a great choice as a hero..... and maybe not monsoon but monsoon had me lvl 7 by first duel. so... idk.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 pm

maybe try flame strike instead of monsoon. Or maybe frost nova. In a duel, a banish + f.nova(or f.strike) + silent night combo will destroy most pple(unless of course they get AMS or spell reduc). But then the damage is so high that it will probably use up the AMS and u can combo again.

Actually, so that u dont waste your silent night, u could just banish and nova until their pot is used up, then banish again with nova and silent night. A skill good for this purpose would be Wind Walk, so you can stay invisible while waiting for cooldown.

Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Oh yea, what I forgot to say, both spells (flame strike and f. nova) require a lot of mana, so be sure to get mana giving items like shell of the mana goddess or something.
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 pm

i used this build in my tryout against yeti... and i used flamestrike on bloodmage. he used high level amses that even silent night couldnt take. and he also had mastery of the ring to ww when i banished him.... damn yeti and his thinking through things
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:51 am

Its best not to post builds you plan to use against somebody a little later. Also in 1v1 never ever use a build that can be countered entirely by one thing or skill.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:01 am

yeah thats the thing about most int builds. buy the highest ams pot and theyre screwed. =)
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:11 pm

nahhh.... AMS is good but with most good int builds, you dont just rely on spell dmg. you will rely on slow, permastun, some sort of massive regen, or pretty much anything. but in high lvl games, massive spell dmg is very bad. Although if you do get it, AMS is good, but a high lvl player can merely kite you with ww items and massive spell casting. frost nova or dragon punch > ams shell silent night > ams shell
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:46 pm

except for monsoon.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:25 pm

I disagree a good int player will have another outlet for their mana aside from pure spell damage also you can kite ams (if you really want too) That and you can blow through AMS ask Glorn.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Wrathtoruin wrote:
a good int player

thats the thing we're talkin about terr-errr i mean Stomp ^^ lol

jkin xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 3:10 am

-.-

what do i need to do in order to NOT be called territo?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay, so im going to put this in an edit instead of double posting. i had a lot of free time on a bus today, so i thought a lot about builds. some of these are going to be TORN APART, RAPED, AND LEFT TO DIE SOMEWHERE IN ARKANSAS, i can feel it. but they seem okay to me.

Hero- Naga Theif

Off- Vamp Soul (off level till acid rain = 6, then main)

Def- Unholy (off level)

Misc- Acid Rain (main lvl till 6)

Innate- Life Regen

Ult- Holy Armor

Hero- Huntress

Off- Feedback (off lvl till acid = 6)

Def- Mana (burn/vortex, depends on situation)(off level)

Misc- Acid Rain (main lvl till 6)

Innate- Abolish Magic

Ult- Death Orb

Hero- Necro

Off- Frost Fall (or shockwave once i practice with it) (main lvl till 7 or so)

Def- Absorb Mana (off lvl till ff is lvl 7 then main lvl)

Misc- Restore Mana(off level)

Innate- Mana Regen

Ult- Mana Sheild

(^^ only mana tank build that i think might work for me)

Hero- Evil

Off- B o F (main lvl till 7 or so)

Def- Stun Feild (off level)

Misc- MEA(off level till BoF is up to par)

Innate- abolish magic

Ult- Mana Explosion

K HAVE FUN(:
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:14 am

Quote :
Hero- Naga Theif

Imo, this build would work better on a str hero over agi..try blacksmith?

Quote :
Off- Vamp Soul (off level till acid rain = 6, then main)

watch out, last i checked vamp soul was purge-able so light orb counters =/

Quote :
Off- Feedback (off lvl till acid = 6)

Careful with feedback it over rides any orb effect making orbs useless Sad

Quote :
Def- Mana (burn/vortex, depends on situation)(off level)

Mana burn is a misc skill, not def. vortex imo is a great skill, even rocks if u only put one point into it cuz it is a debuff also.

Quote :
Innate- Abolish Magic

Why abolish magic? yeah its a great innate cuz its a debuff but u dont need it since u got vortex(stated above) try life bonus or life regen innates.

Quote :
Hero- Necro

Just make sure when runnin a mana tank that u got decent life regen, cuz then u switch on mana shield, once it gets low, switch off, restore mana, when ur hp gets low switch shield on and so on. watch out for light orbs early game, and stone staffs mid/ late if u see someone goin to for stone elementals and u can take em, gank them n take thier kill.

Quote :
Off- B o F (main lvl till 7 or so

Only level BoF til about 5, get sf and mea to 15.

Quote :
Ult- Mana Explosion

I dont know if this is a good idea using mana explosion, sf is a fairly high mana costing skill exspecially if u want to be spamming it like you should. i would reccomend silent night(fuck u yeti.) over this for this peticular build. However if ur going to insist on using mana explosion(aka will of god) push the game to late, rush a couple shell of mana goddess's. mana explosion hits its peak at late game =]

mmk thats about all the advice i can dish out o.o, im sure epic or glorn or someone with more knowlegde will correct me or have advice to help ya improve. keep em coming peace -Shankz
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 1:50 pm

haha i love the naga theif build. dude vamp soul is the shitz aint it :? if they dont get a purge item they lose. if they do get one then you still have it to do early yiff, eles, and archons if ur off (then main) leveling it. also as was kindly pointed out to me a few days ago, anything that adds dmg per attack is sickening on agi b/c they max attack speed out the fastest. i question the ultimate though if you want it to work your farming has to be very good. i mean i've seen hs make it work late game on agi but thats b/c hes rehearsed it over a trillion times. gl though. hats off to the first build Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:21 pm

hey on the necro build why dont you try misc skill mana regen aura, as it gives a lot of mana p/sec on higher lvls. Sparkling talons or a high lvl feedback are not enough to destroy your mana, as you regen too much per sec of it. Thats really important for your mana shield. Or Terraptus. This mixed with a shell of the mana goddes or an immortal shoulders = pwnage.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:12 pm

I'd try a disable on the mana tank build, maybe hex or befuddle? or even ww? this way ur not completly vulnerable while mana restoring.

Edit: scratch ww xD u get that from cloak of hidden..
Back to top Go down
Yetidiah
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Ignaciorocks wrote:
hey on the necro build why dont you try misc skill mana regen aura, as it gives a lot of mana p/sec on higher lvls. Sparkling talons or a high lvl feedback are not enough to destroy your mana, as you regen too much per sec of it. Thats really important for your mana shield. Or Terraptus. This mixed with a shell of the mana goddes or an immortal shoulders = pwnage.

pretty much no amount of mana restore will save you from feedback as its damage and burn both kill your mana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)   Some of my noobish builds (HELP!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Some of my noobish builds (HELP!)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next