Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Request a Build Idea EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Request a Build Idea EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Request a Build Idea EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Request a Build Idea EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Request a Build Idea EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Request a Build Idea EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Request a Build Idea EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Request a Build Idea EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Request a Build Idea EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Request a Build Idea I_vote_lcapRequest a Build Idea I_voting_barRequest a Build Idea I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Request a Build Idea I_vote_lcapRequest a Build Idea I_voting_barRequest a Build Idea I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Request a Build Idea

Go down 
+3
Mikizilla
God_the_Father
Glorn2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Request a Build Idea Empty
PostSubject: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:43 pm

REQUEST A BUILD IDEA

HOW TO REQUEST:
- Post a basic idea behind a build that you would like to see.
- - EX) Strength with Shadow Strike
- - EX) Support with Bonewall
- - EX) Agility with slow ward and a pure agility item build
- Check back here, at my main post for my answer to your request.

KEEP IN MIND:
- Some skills simply should not be used in some ways, I may suggest minor subs.
- The skill you suggest will either be a main leveled, or off leveled skill
- - With this in mind, suggestions like "Death Strike" will be very boring.
- Item builds will change based on situations, the ones I offer are general.

RESPONSES

Quote :
@God_the_Father:
naga/nec
soulburn/stormbolt
spiked carapass
acid rain
swarm
INTO
- necromancer
- soulburn
- spiked carapas
- acid rain
- locust swarm
- - This build is good how it is, and you are leveling the skills exactly how you should. The reason you want soulburn over stun is that soulburn lasts longer, and slows, while dealing spell damage. This allows your locusts to be more productive. Also, combine soulburn with spikes, and a late game scepter gives you a lot of life regen compared to life loss. Necro is better than Naga due to movespeed and higher int. Both are helpful in a build like this. The biggest weakness is that you are only leveling with acid, anyone with late game farming potential is gonna rock your face off. An unlucky acid early on, and your goose will be cooked against a fast leveler.
- - My Suggestion: Swap out Spiked for devotion (or unholy), and swap out locust for demon spawn. With the aura to help your summon, he can help you tank and creep faster. Soulburn plus the demons stun will make for a very powerful downtime combo, and also make it difficult to kill your summon.
- - Items:
This would use a basic int item build. Start with tiara and boots, get a crown for duel with potions. Mana will be a problem for you, but dont destroy your item build trying to keep your mana up. Armor is very important as well. After tiara I suggest thiefs mask, then archmagus, then hidden, then archmagus again, build from there what you need. Always keep an evasion item on hand though, even 20% evasion is a lot of damage reduction. If you find yourself too low on armor then build a mystics set and upgrade it as you see fit. DO NOT rush a 35% evasion cloak, and do not get a shell of the mana goddess. Keep your agility up at all times, along with your damage. Later in the game, after 3-4 later game items, getting some talons would be a good idea, not light or stone, as they will dispel your opponent.

Quote :
@Mikizilla
-----------
holy attacks
unholy aura
frozen orb
holy armor
INTO
- Priestess of the Moon
- Holy Attacks
- Unholy Aura
- Frozen Orb
- Elemental Mastery
- - Your idea was good in terms of "This game started as a 3v3, and people have been leaving as the game progresses, and there is a good chance 4 of the people in the game are glue sniffers." In my opinion though, it was based a bit too much around the idea of you maintaining an equal level with your opponents. With many witnesses, I can outfarm an Orb user, using only Dragon Punch. You need more bang to get to late game, where this build is stronger. Also, at max level, being attacked by 1 guy with max attack speed, holy armor is like, 45 life regen. Not very good unless you have a team or your opponent has summons.
- - My Suggestion: As you can see, I changed up your ulti and put this on ranged agility. Ranged agility with some decent int. You will only be leveling Frozen orb to level 3 with this build, 1 point holy attacks earlyish, and main leveling unholy aura, after you put a second point into frozen orb. A lower level Frozen orb can farm very well, especially on a ranged agility build. At level 3, it still deals great damage to single targets, and is worth casting on archons later. Importantly, for duels, it can usually take out most of an AMS for the first half of the game, leaving your ele mastery to rock their face. Note though, that Frozen orb is not too important, it is just for early leveling. Around level 12 or so, you become mostly an AFK attacker who cannot die.
- - Items:
Starting with a glittering tiara and upgrading it, you will quickly move into pure agility items. Usually for first duel you should have a tiara and infused cloak, with boots and potions. Go for a supersonic ring ASAP, then build from there. Agility has a lot of item paths to go, on this hero, you are mostly a pure agility build though. Supersonic, mastery, shielding staff, iron cloak, ect, ect. The order you get your bigger items is dependent on your opponent, and agility has a lot of directions it can go.

Quote :
@God_the_Father:
"Show me a nuker"
INTO
INT Archon/Prince of Light
Chain Light
Holy Light
Banish
Locust Swarm
- - I know a lot of you have seen me use this build before, it is the most powerful nuking build in the game, IMO. Chain light at max level can bounce up to.. 10? times? Something like that, gaining a lot of damage per bounce. We ran the numbers, and on the last bounce, it deals more damage than a max level silent night. This wont happen often, but just know that on the 6th bounce, you are still looking at 4000-5000 damage. This is insane for field PvP, the ability to be 800 range on 1 side of a creep spawn, cast this, and kill an enemy farther away than a death orb can shoot. Did I mention the short CD? Banish will amp this another 50%. The 50% isnt as usable in field pvp, if your opponent has half a brain. In duels, you cannot run from it though. What is much more important is the 75% bonus healing from holy light. There is no counter to pure heals.5250 max level holy light, every 27ish seconds. "But why locust, why not silent night?" Silent night is too damn easy. And, it sucks. While it would work great, I feel as though Locust offers a much stronger counter. With this build you have insane survivability, and insane field PVP. What does Locust do? Eats AMS. Against summon builds, there is no point in an opponent summoning, it increases the damage he will take. Against vortex, you can get a shell and still spam holy+banish, healing for 5250, while your locusts feed. This will farm insanely fast and is great for KSing creeps. Also, I am yet to lose with this build.
- - Items:
Early mana is an issue, get crown of ages fast, then cloak of the hidden. Early WW is great for KSing creeps and ganking. 3 early kills and you've won the game. After that, start to rely on auto attacks to finish creeps, grab a thiefs mask, grown of goddess, unseen cloak, ect. Armor is very important with this build, every 33 armor you get is 100% more EHP*, which makes your heal 100% stronger. For a weapon, stone staff is generally the way to go. The mana burn will rape face on anyone who isnt int. More importantly, it is a 1500 damage nuke that can be amped by banish, and offers you some more mana. Dont get a weapon until level 28+ though. For late game items, you want a hidden cloak, stone staff, thiefs shroud, auroric set, and 2 elite mystics cloaks.

**Edit: If you really want to use Frost Nova and/or Silent Night, they can easilyyy be subbed into this build and will rock a lot of face against decent players. There is really nothing that needs to be said about nova+night builds though, because there isnt a whole lot of skill to them. Also, they are better for bigger games, where you can easily pick on weaklings.

Quote :
@Careful:
1v1 Dust Storm Build
INTO
Space Orc
Fire Ward
Wind Walk
Rejuv/restore mana
Dust Storm
- - Space orc is picked because this is a mana intensive build that I feel would work best on strength in the long run. also, you need some range. Orc has good movespeed as well. You will main level fire ward for as long as you want to, the higher the level, the better. Obviously if your opponent cannot move fast and cannot hit, your ward will deal a lot of damage before they manage to run away. WW also should have a few points invested. Wind Walk has really good damage, and allows you to avoid all ganks, which can make for a late game strength comeback. It also can allow you to last hit your opponent in the field. And lastly, you can WW up and cast Storm, then flee, to interrupt their farming. Ohh, forgot to mention, that windwalk damage CANNOT MISS. It is also like 4000 damage at max level. Rejuv is a skill you can pick if you dont want to max out fire ward or windwalk. you can use rejuv in combo with WW and storm to heal yourself for quite a bit. If you are planning to max ward and WW, then go with a 2 point mana restore so you can go for straight agi/str items. This is the path I personally would take, but the rejuv one would be much stronger in the long run. Dust storm isnt that good in a 1v1, but having 3 skills that all work well with it, on a hero who can farm well and is very strong late game, makes this build viable against skilled players using well made builds.
- - Items:
Strength set to start, followed by the infused cloak for duel, with boots and potions. power gloves, one ring, kings token, spiked gloves, cloak of the fox. Early game items are the most important. You want to have 5 items or so on hand at all times, with a slot for a potion of choice during duel. AMS would be your best bet on potions. As you progress, you want your strength and agility to be pretty close. Around level 22 or so, is when your strength will start to outweigh agility. "Glass cannon" should be your goal. you need to farm fast, so make sure you gear for farming and not for tanking.

Quote :
[color=white]@God_the_Father:
"Siphon Life?"
INTO
- Prince of Light/Archon/Slingblade (instant cast, lower range hero)
- Siphon Life
- Stun Field
- Frozen Orb
- Death Orb
- - I attempted to make a siphon life build a while ago, and this is the vest best I could think up. Keep in mind, this is a Siphon Life build, and not a Frozen Orb build. Stun Field and Death orb are both ways of ensuring you will be able to cast your siphon life without any distractions. Frozen orb you will only level to rank 3, and that is simply to kill AMS potions. If you want to turn this into a frozen orb build, then you can suck a fat one and learn to play, scrubby. Siphon life deals an insane amount of damage, like, more than dragon punch. Better? You gain that in HP. It is a better heal per second (in a heal/CD ratio) than holy light, wrath of god, chain heal, rejuv, and, im not sure about lifebloom. Insanely powerful, what you need to know.
- - Skill Leveling: Main level Frozen orb to rank 3, off leveling Siphon Life. You should hit 6-7 for duel, allowing for a 2-1-3, or 3-1-3 skill pattern. After the first duel, you will switch to main leveling Siphon life, and off leveling Frozen orb, with an occasional point into stun field. you will not level frozen orb past 5 though.
- - Items:
Go with my usual int setup. Start with tiara and boots; quickly upgrade tiara for mana regen. then start rushing auto-attack DPS. This build will have to level mainly with auto-attacking powers. Siphon life will usually take out a single creep from a spawn, and fully heal you. This means, all agility, armor, and int. Armor really makes all the life you drain that much stronger, you need almost no base HP with this build. Thiefs mask, hidden cloak, unseen cloak, advanced mystics, Scepter of Primarch around level 25+.
[color]

Last edited by Glorn2 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:53 pm

my current build i am working with is an old one apparently but i thought i had something...lol fail on my part but its mine! muaahahaha

naga/nec

soulburn/stormbolt

spiked carapass

acid rain

swarm

lvling: i main level acid rain and offlevel spiked to lvl 5, then get soulburn/stormbolt. acid rain goes to lvl 8 and then spiked and soul/stormbolt goes all the way. swarm lvl as many as needed depending on what u have to counter..

please some feedback..i like it and its actually done decent against clannies
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Well this might probably be better posted as ideas on a build—but I am curious about what you think. I've been experimenting with a build that is holy attacks, unholy aura, and frozen orb life regen/armor bonus and holy armour. I level orb once and use that to farm until basically level 18 or so when getting a fire orb is probable and exploit that. The weird thing is that after a certain point or so relatively early in the game a death is not possible, esp. if the game is started from the beginning. I've thought about overused builds a bit about this, and it seems to me at least that the mechanics of this build esp. late game has more to do with items than with skills making it harder to "nerf". I've fought a number of very good players with this build in public games and have not lost except when began with short game ... and even then I opted to leave rather than stay.
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:07 pm

ha, taht sounds like a pretty funny combo, especially if they have swarm- as my build does, holy armor is hilarious against swarm! what hero are you running that on? agility? or str? i see it doesnt take an extreme amount of mana. what did you think of mine?
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm

I use agility normally on this and for the most part timmy. Me being limited i say when asked, the build is essentially heal when attacking heal when attacked. I have used the build on str and it seems to work the same. I would not used swarm with this build as they must remain within a certain vicinity. Whereas with holy armor they can run or not no matter how far I will heal.
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:15 pm

im saying against swarm, this pwns. lol. holy armor heals every time swarm hits you, and late game. you might as well not even turn swarm on, cuase holy will keep them healed with as many tiems as swarm hits them
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:16 pm

what did you think of my build? anythikng to change?
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:19 pm

If you're asking against this build at this stage I'm not sure which is why I posted what I did in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 pm

that*
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:22 pm

id like to hear your nuker, i dont see any anymore, cuase they are easy to counter, but played right, early game 1v1 u can gank 4-5 kills before they can start to turn game around. id like to see you make one around nova or silent night
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:52 pm

BUMP, 3 replies to your guys' ideas.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Well all games start as a 3 v 3 don't they, the ones were talking about anyway. With this clown build I only put one point into frozen so unlike most builds used now save the better players this is not an orb build. This is also certainly not a 1 v 1 build. People get lucky or they don't with a general game--I suppose this build is a result of that. But I would think if you ran the numbers this build after a certain point cannot be killed by any other build.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:13 pm

I bet slithery, holy attacks, evasion, darkness, reinc would beat it pretty well. Throw an ice staff on there for good measure. If you want to earnestly believe that "eventually, late enough into the game" is a valid concept for any build, then.. well.. Why even post here? The builds being discussed here arent "what a skilled player can do against pubs, if given enough time." The concept is "people of equal skill playing against each other." I believe "Randomloser" is a pretty clear example of how thought out a build has to be to win against pubs.

Also, offhand, I know that the total life regen per second on your build, with all of those skills maxed, is about 200-220 HP/s. This is assuming you have max attack speed, and are being attacked by a single person who also has maxed attack speed. You can bring mask, and shield, and boots, ECT into this all you want, but what you are missing is that none of that matters if you do not survive long enough to get all of that.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm sure you bet, I'd bet on your impartiality ... hum. Ice staff in an item, i listed picked skills, further I made room for items in my post as being the prime thrust of a build like this being that there are so many "items". If you choose to limit them do so, we might have a different discussion.

About people with equal skill, foster that please.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:24 pm

please read and consider the rest of my post. Continue this and be banned.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:25 pm

If you're trying to force me to agree with you via threats of bans, well, whatever your anatomy i'd still say go fuck yourself.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:33 pm

in no way am i forcing you to agree with me, simply if you do not want to post on topic in a thread, but rather attempt to start arguments which are off topic, then it is my job as an admin to remove you from the discussion.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Quote :
whatever your anatomy i'd still say go fuck yourself.
What does that even mean?
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:12 pm

A dust storm build centered around 1 vs 1.
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 pm

thanks! im glad to hear i acutally have soemthing decent! and nice nuker, i just havent seen them around lately, i use one close to that in team brawl as support. i just sub in nova for that, single target nuker, less mana..or i think so. swarm is amazin aswell! goes through avatar which throws many people through a loop! thank you for your help, anything else on this build? only reason i like naga is cause im more for the att speed, but you are righht, the mmove and mana are more important on this build. by lategame i will have enough items to make nec just as fast as naga. .1 to bat doesnt do too much lol. thank for the support! ahah

ive also been told wrath has a decent poison nova/immolation build. what would u do for this? tahts alotta mana to hold up on, especially with immo. and he used ghoul? kinda crazy but im sure its strong
can u do a build with taht?
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:54 pm

miki no need for the hatred man, hes just trying to help you from his point of view...

ok, i backed u up, do i get grunt for that? ;D
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:56 pm

If you can beat me in a grunt test.Well me Epic or Glorn
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 am

lol ok, but right now i barely have any builds. ill have to work on those. one i had:

mightyfist

frozen shield
static shock
unholy frenzy
innate: sprint
reincar

its an auto-attacker that i acutally got to lvl 7 before duel with, lvl frozen 1 then 2 to static, then 1 more to frozen then unholy then frozen then static. then you can main frozen to 8 and static all the way, no need for anymore unholy till late game. i know it doesnt use alot of points for lvls but its acutally not bad, maybe not on paper on or here, but i highly encourage you to try it and see for yourself
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:11 am

really, for help with entire builds, you should post something in the build thread and get everyones feedback. this is intended more as like what careful just posted. Something that doesnt seem too likely, or that you have little knowledge of.

on the topic of poison+immo+ghoul, I really wouldnt do that build. too much mana. It would be hard to use properly on wisp. It is also counter productive. Immolation is great for melee, because it deals damage while you fight. Poison is much better on range, because you can run in and poison them all, then stand back and let it kill them while you take almost no damage. On Ghoul, I would swap out poison for holy attacks, or, put it on the huntress and swap immolation for bonus stats.
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:14 am

sorry. ill do that now. im new to this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request a Build Idea   Request a Build Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Request a Build Idea
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next