Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
KOTH mode idea EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
KOTH mode idea EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
KOTH mode idea EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
KOTH mode idea EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
KOTH mode idea EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
KOTH mode idea EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
KOTH mode idea EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
KOTH mode idea EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
KOTH mode idea I_vote_lcapKOTH mode idea I_voting_barKOTH mode idea I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

KOTH mode idea

Go down 
5 posters

Should Bosses be included in Koth?
Yes that would be so cool
KOTH mode idea I_vote_lcap29%KOTH mode idea I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
No koth is fine how it is
KOTH mode idea I_vote_lcap43%KOTH mode idea I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
WTF is koth?
KOTH mode idea I_vote_lcap28%KOTH mode idea I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:16 am

Okay while playing a part of me found it a little stale and boring, kind of like the other modes no offense or anything Normal Game Play will always = #1 while the other modes are a decent escape from the normal.

Anyways I think bosses should not be blocked off but instead made into an aspect of this mode. I honestly do see a lot of promise to Koth.

Imagine having to capture a point right next to a boss element or archon, they will obviously attack you mean while this gives your oponents ample time to possibly steal your other captures, possibly come in and gank you and steal that hill or spot or what have you. I think if you would make the bosses a part of this mode it would greatly increase the fun of this mode and make it a much more exciting game. In its current form its kind of a camp fest.

LOL element hill capture worth more points take longer to capture
Archon Hill capture worth more points take longer to capture then elements
Why? Because this can or might turn it away from a camp fest as boss hill spots would be very enticing yet risky enough for come backs. Or will end the game much more faster for the dominating team.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:27 am

King of the hill would be awsoume

and also that signature is awsoume lawl
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:13 am

What about guards to defend the hills? the problem with archons is that... 30 minutes of gameplay will pass before people even consider walking near the archon portal. ...talk about stale.

I want KOTH to remain a rather fast paced game. Generally it takes what... 15-20 minute to complete; with a lot of killing between point A and B. No one wants to play KOTH for an hour; because as you said, it is just a break from the norm. A fun mini-game is nothing else.

However, I could add "boss" units to the hills, it attacks players who dont control said hill. I mean, it would just kinda add to the chaotic fighting... but... KOTH is based around TEAMWORK fighting.

I have only played it once with pubs; so I prolly miss what you are talking about; but when played as a clan game, it is actually a very exciting mode, with constant pings and commands being shouted (and obeyed)

Any suggestions as to how something could be changed while keeping the game time low?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 2:33 am

Maybe you can also add duels into this mode. Duels= Income , Income can lead to doing bosses maybe possibly who knows.

Like rapid duels and Koth are staple which leads to a steady income

Last time I played this the host or red guy put short game mode maybe thats why it was kind of boring. I capture the hills teammates want to do nothing but farm, oponents want to farm call me cheater bitch noob for killing them etc.... Maybe it will be fun when more actually L2P
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:12 am

Duels + Koth =Fail
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 pm

yeah, there is a very high "L2P" factor for KOTH. Like CTF, it is based 90% on teamwork. Again, this is assuming people know how to play. Stop by a clan sometime, and you can join us for a round of it. 4v4 is best IMO; but 3v3 works.

In a way, I like the idea of duels; but at the same time, I dont. Because, if you capture a hill, you get bonus gold-your whole team does. If you have that extra gold, you will most likely win the duel; giving you more gold and exp. Then it will place both teams back at their starting place; 1 of them having a much larger lead.

In KOTH without duels; everyone has to heal and buy items at some point. This is when the other team takes 2 of your hills; gets the lovely gold for it, and the game is back to a reasonable balance.

^^Why I decided to take duels out before I even started scripting KOTH.

HOWEVERRRRR; I want to make a 1 hill KOTH. That is, the mini-arena. The yiff arena, the place a lot more people are finally using... That whole area is the hill; and two teams are fighting over it. With that mode; I would enable duels. I really like the idea of this, simply because if you are on the hill... you cant farm creeps. So, teams would have to find a balance between sitting on the hill; and taking time to farm. 90% of pubs would farm anyways, then wonder why the game is suddenly ending. But, well, some things were made for skilled players. Like mana vortex and dust storm...
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:09 pm

? u mean seperately? or as a combo.... saw a pub use mana vortex in a summons build, dispelled his units, but he learned, and has pmed my saying that its his fav skill.

back on topic: for every mode there should be instructions. a loadscreen tpe thing after the mdoes are picked. lasts about 20 seconds. tells all the basics. most pubs dont know what the map info is or how much it helps. it would also refresh everything in everyones mind, which would make the gae go smoother
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:40 pm

you see.. people spam "escape" during the save/load thing, so no one reads it. All of the rules are posted in the quest log, and it says to read the quest log. All modes are in the quest log; the game says in multiple places to check the quest log. When a mode is picked, it is displayed on the screen; and added to the quest log. yet 17 people every game will ask, "is unlimited weapons on?" into "all chat" and get an answer... then ask again 7 minutes later without fail.

I dont wanna force everyone to sit through another minute of rules. Some people wanna be good at the game, and they will learn the rules. Some people want to run in circles for 40 minutes. Let them do as they please :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KOTH mode idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTH mode idea   KOTH mode idea Empty

Back to top Go down

KOTH mode idea
Page 1 of 1