Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Post your random tips EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Post your random tips EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Post your random tips EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Post your random tips EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Post your random tips EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Post your random tips EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Post your random tips EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Post your random tips EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Post your random tips EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Post your random tips I_vote_lcapPost your random tips I_voting_barPost your random tips I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Post your random tips I_vote_lcapPost your random tips I_voting_barPost your random tips I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Post your random tips

Go down 
+8
Shankz
Subz
HLWG
Glorn2
Bromancing_The_Venom
Sharky
rottingdenmark
carefulibite
12 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Post your random tips Empty
PostSubject: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Looking through some of the tips or tricks it occurred to me there must be thousands of little things that some players may or may not know. It would be almost pointless to make a topic about one random thing. So I think making a topic for players to post random tips would be the best way to go.

A couple of tips for you newer players who are striving to become better.

Farming alone garners more hero experience.

Your ideal build should have 1 farmer,1 all game, and 1 late game so you have all your bases covered.

It's better to pick a farmer you have the ability to cast more then once after items. Flame Strike/Monsoon/Death Pulse doesn't work for everybody.

Some times it's better to not level your nuke right away. For example if a level one death pulse can still kill the wave why raise its mana cost to achieve the same goal? Cheaper nukes= More casts = More farm

It is not wise to farm the same group of creeps all game long. It's best to change the group creeps you farm. You want to at least be cycling through two camps ideally more if possible.

When playing with allies always leave them the group of creeps closest to the one's they are currently killing. Don't choke their farming to only 1 camp. Weaker allies= Handicapped duels.

If you have some extra cash after you bought some items buy a potion whiles your at it. Potion of health or potion of AMS are preferred however position of mana has it's use. Potions win the PVP's.

The shop's are name what they are deliberately. If it's early game you should likely be buying early game items. Same goes for mid game and late game. Buying small wins the close games and sometimes can win the losing ones.

Boots of Speed / Orb of Range are early game musts.

If your having trouble learning the item builds there is no shame in playing single player. It's the best way to learn where things are. It's also the best place to learn how to use some skills. Also saving replays allows you to see other players item builds for a little bit of a better idea for what to get.

I got a little carried away with tips for newer players. So if you have any tips or comments on other player's tips feel free to add them.
Back to top Go down
rottingdenmark
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:27 pm

if you're having trouble against a certain strategy, there's almost always a way to counter it with an item. true sight > wind walk, 75% spell reduc > uber spell, evasion item > bash, goblin bombs > summons... etc
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:13 am

lol! Gem dont counter wind walk lol! Seriously being seen is not a big deal you either use wind walk to run away or to quickly run up on them. So unless you can stun or slow them to slug like speed it wont matter if you can see them and by the time they are in your gems line of sight they can easily launch whatever deadly combo to own you any how. My random tip is whoop d doo they can see me theyre still dead meat.
Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball
Forcing them to have to buy item counters is also their counter. scratch Confusing I can make it even more confusing.
It looks like the one who counted to do the countering certainly counts to do a countering by a different countering but has a counter encountered a counter that has never been countered for the sake of countering?
cheers Im back and trolling again cheers

You can buy items from the enemys shops. Go behind their base and buy from the premades this makes you stronger when you steal their flag or are playing koth and havent been home or something.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:26 pm

heres a tip: GANK!!!!!!!!! gank gank GANK!!!!!!! so many people underestimate good ganks. even if you dont have a good ganking build, you can still make it very cost efficient if you plan it right.

also i have some issues with some of your tips,

"farming alone gets more hero experience." well what if your good at ganking? i know from experience that its very easy to outlevel a farming hero if you just gank them alot. or bosses? if you have a build thats great at killing bosses, you can potentially outlvl a person good at farming

"Your ideal build should have 1 farmer,1 all game, and 1 late game so you have all your bases covered." not always true.... ever heard of an early game build? if you get many skills that are good at farming, you can farm much better than your opponent. he may be better in pvp, but you can still win with all your farming. You could go mass nukes and camp him early game. you could go all passives and survive until the late game where you pwn. most of the really strong builds are builds that focus on one area
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Generally, this tips and tricks section is made for people who are newer to the game. Yeh know, the people who tend to lose a lot of games with no understanding why.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Venom, you are completely wrong with just about everything you have said. ganking isnt the end all be all of the game as you think. If you can deter a gank, then your plan is ruined, as you waste time going over to gank, lose experience while they keep farming, and you dont get the kill.

If a build is a fast farmer, you have to assume they can kill you fast, so ganking is not always a good option. Like i said before, ganking isnt the end all be all of the game. A fast leveling build will outlevel the living fuck out of you if all you do is try to gank. even if you fail only once at ganking them, that one time will give them that little bit extra over you with your wasted time.

As for the early game rush build, if you are countered, then you are fucked. Picking all early game skills or all late game skills is generally a bad idea. You never want to put all your eggs into one basket. What happens when your basket breaks? dont you wish you had a second basket? yes, you do. (this is me doing your side of the conversation in with mine) "Oh, but i can get items with special effects..." no, you are retarded, it may work a few times if you get lucky, but most skilled players can just go masturbate in the corner and go to late game where you will be fucked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Venom ganking is great but you don't need a pure early game build to do so. You can gank just as successful with having all your bases covered. A lot of that stuff was just taking what was already said here scattered over 20 posts. Why is farming alone better? If all 3 players farm 3 different areas at the same time your gaining experience at 3 x the rate. If you team farm a camp your not only missing out on the potential experience you could of garnered your also making less gold. If 2-3 allies farm a camp it can naturally be assumed that they will score a creep kill now and then.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:27 am

I got a few:

1. Don't use a potion in a duel if it looks like your going to lose anyways.

2. Switch the map colors to make it black so you can see if the opposing team is closing in for a gank on you.

3. Never play with Subz on your team.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:02 am

Save/Load Several Players have asked or complained about this in the past:

Can't write down your code fast enough? Try the Print Screen button located next to F12. After doing this open up paint and simply press the buttons control and v. Make it even easier open up note pad and simply type it so you can copy and paste your code for future games.

Is the code that you wrote down not working? Chances are you made an error in copying down your code on a piece of paper. This is why the Print Screen button is usually the right way to go about typing your codes. A player using the Print Screen/Paint/ Note Pad method is not likely to make that error.

Are you about to be disconnected in a game when you're doing well? Usually there is warning before hand in the form of a long lag spike. During this time simply type -save however do not press the disconnect button. When you eventually lag out your code should appear.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:48 am

Pots for the first 3 duels are always helpful. if u are close to each other in combat grabbing hp pots in later game isnt a waste either. sometimes pots can mean the difference between a duel won and a duel loss.

Watch ur opponets if it looks like they're packin alot of spells grab a 1k ams pot n a 500 hp pot. If they're packin physical dmg, 1k hp pot and 300 ams pot.

dont sell ur unused pots right out of a duel u can save ur money and use em later.

If u find urself ina situation where ur being chased near mid, Run into the archon portals and head to the archon that looks like illidan. He'll kill u the fastest n if ur enemy follows he'll die too. Better u die to archon then to enemy team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:15 am

I dont know about you but pots are near useless to me in duels. scratch scratch scratch Question Question Question

Why would I need a pot if Im like way ahead of them scratch scratch Question Question

If Im losing wtf good is that pot if the winners are pot heads too scratch Question

Now the vantage point on potions for me comes about on the field over 90% of all players will not have a potion handy on the field this is a pretty big advantage for they dont usually have their teammates gang banging yo ass like in duels. Happy Hunting lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:46 pm

I tried reading through this but got bored.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 pm

Sharky makes a good point in saying that in the battle field, most people do not take a hp pot with them, which can really give an advantage. They can save a gank, as well as letting you gank more often. I have done this, where when I get low HP, I make it seem as if I am running, the when they attack me, I use the pot, and kill them.

Off-topic, but where did the word "gank" come from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 pm

You can talk all you want but until I see on the field its just that.

Care to reveal alts?

I have several with Hitler, perhaps I'm not rendered delirious by gold.

Who knows.

As far as gank I think the root would be gang, but add to that if you can.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:52 pm

gank = gang Kill?
LOL, I dunno

Erm, I havent played in a loonnggg time, this is just from what I remember doing.
Ignaciorocks is the only one I have
It's probably been erased for inactivity xD
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Ganking is a combination of the words grab and yank .Meaning to repeatedly kill a virtual game character after they get resurrected.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:51 am

What does ganking mean Question Question Question scratch scratch scratch Ganking has nothing to do with yank or grabbing. Ganking is short for Gang Kill.

Where did the term come from Question Question scratch scratch Like most gaming lingo it came from mmorpgs

What is refered to ganking as we know it today Question scratch Gank currently can mean 3 things
1. 2 or more player ganging up on another.
2. A higher level player killing a lower level player.
3. The most common meaning 1 player surprise killing another player.

Trolling as always clown Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Mad Mad Peace Folks
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 pm

woohoo so I was not far off
n.n
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Sharky is correct I think ... what would "ganking" in a 1 v 1 game be called? AND why?

Nacho, you can play more often ja?
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:17 pm

I don't like how off topic this has gone so to get this back on topic you can stack poison sting and feed back on a melee hero by investing a level into poison first. I know it's not much of a tip but who knows you may random feed back, bone wall, poison sting one day and be thanking your lucky stars you read about this tip.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:04 am

good point careful; I tried it once and they didn't stack, then I did it again and they stacked rofl =( War3 doesn't like me.

Last post off topic =D
Miki My grandma's really sick so I'm staying at her house and she doesn't have internet, so I can't play. >.<
I only go to my house to get more clothes and read e-mails.
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:14 am

Acid rain + farming ult (valcano + starfall) afer getting to lvl 8 you can use either of the 2 ults to clear a spawn that acid rain may not help you much at, IE: one covered in dragons and / or immunes. After blasting past the 8-12 range where acid rain only hits and average of 1/2 the mobs in the spawn you will have a lvl advantage and can start one shotting creep spawns and spawn stealing your opponents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your random tips   Post your random tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Post your random tips
Page 1 of 1