Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Ultimate - Mana Explosion I_vote_lcapUltimate - Mana Explosion I_voting_barUltimate - Mana Explosion I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Ultimate - Mana Explosion I_vote_lcapUltimate - Mana Explosion I_voting_barUltimate - Mana Explosion I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Ultimate - Mana Explosion

Go down 
+3
Mr.Blonde
Sharky
Shankz
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

Ultimate - Mana Explosion Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Description:
Mana Explosion
Drains all of the heroes mana and realeases a massive blast of spell damage based on the amount of mana drained, damaging enemies in a small area.
Mana Cost - 250xlevel
Damage - .6+.1xlevel

How to use: Pretty much use this skill as if you were playing a mana shield build. If you're going to use mana explosion push the game to late. For early - mid game make sure to keep a mana pot on hand. Pretty much rush 1 or 2 Shell of Mana Goddess, However dont leave yourself completly defensless just in case cuz we all know spell reduction is a bitch. After you get some backbone turn ur Shell's into immortals shoulders. Afterwards tome int/hp. Mana Explosion is effected by banish.

Counters: Mana Burn,Vortex,High AMS, Avatar, Supersonic ring,immortals boots.(If im missing something guys feel freed to ask)

Comments? Questions? Asshole Remarks?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Possibly mana flare. Wait does it count the initial cast cost or the whole cost. I mean imagine your mana bomb multiplied back at you. Really what you suggest is also its huge down fall and that is late game. Really your strongest point is around level 24 and then it all goes to hell the longer it lasts past that point.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Comments:
Great for team games as it works well with W/C
If you get it in 1v1 i would recommend banish, i mean who wouldn't want additional damage.

Questions:
Does anyone actually know the AOE/CD's for this, I have used thsi probably around a dozen times since introduced.

Asshole Remarks:
Shankz sucks cock....
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 pm

No sharky its only for the initail cost, which i suppose could be a counter? but i dont think it'd be that big that it would matter.
and no charge no one but glorn knows becuase he fails to tell us in tool tips..(Thanks Glorn >.>)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 pm

if i added all of the information for skills in their tooltip, it would take you the entire pick time to read through 3 offensive skills. The cooldown is as long as it takes between casts, how the fuck should I remember these things?

All ults are between 70-120 second CDs. 120 are things like ava and reinc, 70 are things like tranquility... and tranquility... Farming ults hold strong around 100; plus or minus 10. Nuke ults are generally around 100 also; plus or minus 10. Moreso minus 10 than plus 10.

With exception to tranqulity, ava, and reinc, CDs on ults are between 90-110, in general. Might be a few more outliars, but in general, 90-110. In reality though, as I said before, their cooldown is about equal to how long it takes after your last cast before you can cast it again. I doubt any of you have a stopwatch going every time you cast. taking game lag into account, your stopwatch can be off by 5 seconds anyway. It is about as long as the majority of other ults.

But again, in case you missed it... It is about as long as it takes between the last time you cast it, and when you can cast it again.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:25 pm

OR... OR use silent night.

It'll do roughly the same damage all game, without having to stack absolutely everything into mana and restore...

For early game, you would need to have ... 1400 mana to equal a silent night. While this costs 0 mana. It scales to pretty much the same all game, you may out damage silent night by 100-300 damage all game. BUT you also will be left with a farming spell to cast after, or anything else .. not left with no mana. Furthermore, with the spare gold you could put into survival or auto attack damage. AND Silent night isn't countered by vortex/absorb/burn/lightning orb/stone staff/mana flare.... Pretty good deal for a few hundred less damage.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm

The cost of mana explosion is really what makes it unattractive as is the counterability...

if it was pure damage with maybe 20% reduced damage it would be much better
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Mr.Blonde wrote:
if it was pure damage with maybe 20% reduced damage it would be much better

pure damage would make it way too overpowered. most people use this with banish, because otherwise, its pretty much useless as compared with things like silent night as epic said. with pure damage, if you have 10k mana, plus banish, it would do 15k. even with a 20% reduction, its still 12000 damage. it wouldnt be affected by spell reduction, being pure. yes, there are a lot of counters to it, but all you gotta do is get a fast casting hero and its pretty much gg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:43 pm

if its pure damage banish won't effect it... and people use silent night with banish all the time.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:47 pm

its still 10k pure damage. well, reduced by 20% its 8000, but thats still not negatable by spell damage reduction like silent night is. many heros dont have over 10k health until very late in the game.

correct me if im wrong, but banish is counteracted by 50% spell reduction, so wouldnt silent night hit unnaffected?
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm

jsut realized that sounds confusing. if you have 50% spell reduction, and your enemy hits you with a banish/SN (level 1 for arguments sake) it would hit you for 800 damage, since your spell reduction counteracts the banish, right?
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Not exactly banish simply increases your spell damage it will not remove spell resistance.

Say you have an 800 damage nuke and banish. You nuke will now deal 1200 damage you then nuke me for 1200 damage if I have 50% spell resistance I reduce it to 600 damage.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:05 pm

oh, ok i gotcha. and this just proves my point. 800 pure damage is greater than 800 spell damage, raised to 1200 with banish, and reduced to 600 from spell reduction.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:06 pm

are u sure it works like that? i was always under the impression banish negates 50% spell reduction making ur spell do the amount of damage it was meant to do without spell reduc & banish.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Im pretty sure I could be wrong. The skill says increases spell damage says nothing about removing spell damage. Just run a test with immortals boots and see. Im pretty sure when they have it silent night sucks ass even with banish.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Nope your right, just did a test with tiff. She has 50% spell reduc, i did banish silent night on her n only did 675.

**Future refrence for all spell reduc reduces Banish enhanced skills.**

Learn somethin new everyday xD
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:35 pm

sharky is correct. 1 comes before the other. it isnt a reduction in spell resist; it is a spell damage amplification buff.

also pure damage, LMAO, no.

Also, 1 immortals shoulders makes the damage from this greater than the damage on silent night.

Using a full mana build (Yiff has a few amazing mana explosion builds) You can easily get 24000 mana; with enough regen to cast all of your spells.

Why this is better than silent night is that it has a melee range AoE; it has a better CD; and it can scale however you want it to scale.

Like comparing terrap to mana shield; terrap is better if you are a better player; but MS is an AFK win noob vs noob.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:12 am

Fair enough, with immorts it overtakes it. But lets look back at your CHA mantras Glorn. considering 95% of good matches do not reach this stage the argument is somewhat irrelevant. Furthermore, if they have enough time to get immortals, you probably have enough time to do the same. I know you have explosion, thus I get boots/shield.

With the 95% reduction, even at 24000 mana ... thats about 21,600 damage. Reduced by 95% is 1,080 damage. I'm sorry but a little over 1k damage is fuck all in the grand scheme of end game. Especially, after you counter something in like a lightning weapon which will significantly reduce your regen, making another full cast technically impossible.

Sure mathematically this spell looks like the end all and be all. But for it to actually be "godly" it needs to be used in end game. the 60 and 70% of mana doesn't scale to anything early and mid game, and as I said it ranks a long with silent night which costs nothing. To overtake this, you would seriously need to be dumping absolutely everything into mana and regen. And that would be a complete crap shoot. They survive your 1, maybe two blasts you'll be hacked apart. This also doesn't take into account AMS pots. The 2-3k damage you might be able to pull of mid game is still all absorbed, with maybe some damage slipping through.

In a team game this could be useful, as long as you don't get attacked. With the splash it could do alright for creeping. I don't know I'm just not sold on it compared to other spells. Way to easily countered, way to easily beaten in my eyes. I'm sure with your vast knowledge and skill you could pull it off somehow, but 95%+ of all other people couldn't.

I mean hell, in end game most builds can dominate in their field with immortals. Toss a mask or two with a decent player and your duels now last 25 minutes.

On the contrary though, this could be an interesting skill for KOTH and the such where the mayhem and constant deaths really don't amount to much. But in a standard 1v1 or 2v2 it's really just another not usable skill, because well a huge amount of skills counter, and same with a huge amount of items. Realistically this is the Manashield of DPS. All your eggs are in a single basket.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:37 am

you point out many things that further my argument epic.

This game is balanced around 3v3 gameplay; the median. In a decent 3v3, your ally should have weak C if you want this. If you are playing properly, this should out damage silent night all game. in a 1v1, it isnt very good, that is a fact.

However, compare befuddle to hex. Befuddle hits a large AoE; shitty 1v1, amazing 3v3. Compare mets. In a 1v1, too easy to evade. in a 3v3 or bigger, you will land quite a few hits. Same gooes for all large AoE skills. Shockwave, imo is the best 1v1 and maybeeeee 2v2 farmer. in 3v3 and bigger games, frost fall and acid rain ROCK it!

This skill when used properly is by far the largest nuke in the game, and really, it has endless potential.even if you are weak, in a 3v3 if you can 1 shot any of their players; then 3v2 them, there is a very good chance you will win the duel. Everyone will target the mana guy; as we all know, and is your argument as you read this. ... ever been kited in a team game? it hurts, a lot.

in a team game, this is better than either terrap or MS, that is for sure.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 4:26 am

Ya, I really can't comment on the team aspect of it, because really I don't a whole lot of team games. Why? sure they're fun and a change, but really, there is A) Not enough decent people on to play regularly B) All tournaments/major events are based on 1v1 C) I've always been more of a 1v1 ish type of guy ... team play isn't exactly my forte. But I'll take your word on the team bit; 1v1 its useless though.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:35 pm

I wonder if this is affected by flare :? ultimate counter much if it does :?

my bad >.<

Last edited by Pissonmyhands on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 pm

Sharky wrote:
Possibly mana flare. Wait does it count the initial cast cost or the whole cost. I mean imagine your mana bomb multiplied back at you. Really what you suggest is also its huge down fall and that is late game. Really your strongest point is around level 24 and then it all goes to hell the longer it lasts past that point.

Shankz wrote:
No sharky its only for the initail cost, which i suppose could be a counter? but i dont think it'd be that big that it would matter.
and no charge no one but glorn knows becuase he fails to tell us in tool tips..(Thanks Glorn >.>)

+1
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Uh Piss, I believe the initial cost (250 mana?) Is the only thing thats affected by flare. Same idea as consume, blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:01 pm

it only counts initial mana costs, thats why it doesnt rape you if you cast things like immolation
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Its 250 x Level Keep in mind Mana flare does something like 4x damage. It can be a hefty back fire. The last guy who had bomb against me died because I felt like paying homage to pugna so all fear life drain flare banish weak. Dude caught me by surprised with explosion but we both auto killed each other at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate - Mana Explosion   Ultimate - Mana Explosion Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate - Mana Explosion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next