Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
*NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
*NEW TOURNY RULES* I_vote_lcap*NEW TOURNY RULES* I_voting_bar*NEW TOURNY RULES* I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
*NEW TOURNY RULES* I_vote_lcap*NEW TOURNY RULES* I_voting_bar*NEW TOURNY RULES* I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

*NEW TOURNY RULES*

Go down 
+2
Terraptus2
Glorn2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:02 pm

These are here for you guys (the staff of chao) for you to use in the 2v2 tournament. I took over 2 hours reforming my old rules into this for everyone. Information is still needed on how to post replays on another site for download (as in what website and how you use it)

Sign up and round durations: When you apply, you could be omitted from the tournament if you’re the last player to sign up and would make the number of players an odd number. This is to make sure everyone has an opponent. Every round will last for 2 days, if you cant contact your opponent in that time, contact an official for help. If you cannot commit to the time frame then do not sign up. Anyone who does not show up for their match will be banned from the next tournament, and lose the current one. Officials will be very active during the evening hours to host games for people who need them.

What kind of tournament? The tournament will be separated into brackets. There will be a semi-final and a final match and it will be double elimination. The games will be 2 vs 2. If both teams cannot host, get an official to host and use “obs mode” so that they may host without interfering. All matches will consist of 1 game unless otherwise specified.

*In double elimination, if you loose a match you can play against another player who has lost a match and proceed to the next round. This only happens though if you play another match before the round is over.*

What Map? Custom Hero Arena Unlimited 2 will be the map used in the tournament. You can download it from a link to mapgnome on the forum, or get it from a clan member.

Who? Clan members and well-known non-clan affiliated players only. This is to help prevent players from using multiple alts in the tournament. Besides that, pubs are almost totally unreliable for a tournament. If they are not even in a cha clan what should make us think that they would commit to a tournament?

The Reward: Grunt positions for peons, or your name added into the map in some way. Any minor bugs found that have not yet been reported will result in your name going into the "thank you" credits. Any major bugs reported that are not already known will result in a passive unit with your name on it, as Glorn’s way of saying "thanks". Play to the best of you ability, and don’t be a spoil-sport. Anyone trash talking will not obtain various awards that other people may gain.

Rules:

1. Any peon who beats a grunt in the tournament are automatically promoted to grunt status. Grunts that loose to a peon will not be demoted.

2. The semi-final and final matches will be 2 out of 3 wins. A 2 out of 3 match must be started and finished on the same day and played back to back with a maximum of a 5 minute break between each game.

4. Tournament parings will be selected by officials.

5. SAVE YOUR REPLAY! If you and your opponent cannot agree on the winner, and there is no replay to show a winner, then you BOTH will lose.

6. Any member caught telling a lie to an official of who won their own tournament game will be disqualified and banned from any future tournaments.

7. If someone leaves a tournament game under any conditions including lag or a fatal error then their game is considered a loss unless the opponent agrees to not count the match. A replay will be required as proof of this. If both players encounter a fatal error they must replay the match.

8. Once the tournament officially begins, players will decide for themselves when they will play each other within the given timeframe for the round.

9. If your opponent is on but will not play you for whatever reason, let an official know and they will ask your opponent to play you. If your opponent still will not play for whatever reason within 10 minutes then you win by default!

10. Remember if you don’t play your match in time then the last person logged into b.net before the round ends, wins. If both players are on right as the round is about to end they may still play their match. If anyone comes on right before the round ends and its obvious they were trying to exploit it, the officials wont let them get away with it.

11. DO NOT go afk during a tournament round before you have completed your match. Being afk will make you loose by default if you are afk more than 5 minutes and an official witnesses it. This includes looking for games to play. If you are looking for games to play when you still need to complete your match, at least make sure to check every few minutes to see if your opponent is on. I suggest you only get on b.net when you know you will have enough time to finish a game during the tournament if you still need to play your match. If you are on but know you won’t have enough time for a tournament match if your opponent gets on then it is better to log off.

12. Players who have completed their match before a round ends may play their next match if there opponent for the next round has already been determined. Any afk players who have already completed their match for the current round will not be disqualified.

13. Contestants should add each other to their friend list temporarily so they can find each other easier to play their match.

14. All players should try to play their tournament games between 5:00pm-11:00pm (since those are the active hours for the clan)

15. If players want to ban skills for their match for either of them to use then that is up to them, but, they should let an official know so that they abide by it. Players may also decide what game options to turn on or if the match is to be 2 out of 3 by the same method.

16. Any players in the loser’s bracket have until the current round ends to play someone else in the loser’s bracket, in order to continue on to the next round.

17. Shamans/Chief/ designated officials(?) have the overall say in the rules. If we feel you did something wrong that was not addressed in the rules you could end up being kicked from the tournament. On the other side, if you are a really good player, and were matched up against a "best" player, we may allow you into the next round if you couldn’t find an opponent for the loser’s bracket.

(I can't figure out how to merge threads so this is the best I could do - V)

(I edited the post to be less redundant and better organized. I added in that well-known pubs can play in the tournament too. Like creepyshadow for instance. I made a couple minor edits too -Terra)
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 am

Nice, I didn't even think about players whispering other players during a tournament match to get advice. I am not sure how you plan to regulate this though.

You should also post a good website for players to post replays on if needed.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am

Yea Glorn, who in the world would think of that... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Chao_Chaos
Nooblet
Nooblet
Chao_Chaos

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:29 pm

are you able to post the times for the tourney as I may have to back out of signing up since I'm outta town next weekend =[
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:13 pm

umm, I want to advertise it in chat, but Im thinking we will start it on a monday., prolly AFTER next weekend, as I am outta town next weekend also, and I dont want to start a tourny then go missing, like the starters of the past 3 have done...
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:47 pm

...flu... frankly at any rate we should start this asap though to avoid the same kind of "old sign up" problems we had w/ the other tournament
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Let's plan on starting monday the 27th. that will give us enough time to organize teams and 'practice' a bit.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:44 pm

did we plan on which of the programs we were using
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:32 pm

5) Shaman/Chief have the overall say in the rules. If we feel you did something wrong, and we discuss it together, you could end up being kicked from the tournament. On the other side, if you are a really good player, and were matched up against a "best" player, we may allow you into the next round if you couldnt find an opponent for the losers bracket. Any shaman caught cheating will have their clan position put on the line, so I would highly suggest against it. This rule is to avoid a 30 page list of rules and regulations. rather than 30 pages of "yes" and "no" you will be judged by a group of your peers in a court of CHA

just checking does that mean if something isnt banned like say camping there bace for the whole game but it very frowned upon.... could that get u kicked or is that just another part of the game
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:39 pm

while very gay, in tournies it wont get you kicked
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:18 pm

If you can camp someones base for the win then they deserve to loose.
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 11:35 pm

my question wasnt realy about that one spesific case but o well i guess i stated it wrong...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:25 am

in tourny games, you can do anything that isnt "cheating" to win.

If you and your teamate wanna get a slow ward, and full creeping builds, then sit outside your opponents base.... then good on yeh! thats how my build for the LAST tourny got banned... because I was too good at that with it :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *NEW TOURNY RULES*   *NEW TOURNY RULES* Empty

Back to top Go down

*NEW TOURNY RULES*
Page 1 of 1