Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
New Mode suggestion EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
New Mode suggestion EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
New Mode suggestion EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
New Mode suggestion EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
New Mode suggestion EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
New Mode suggestion EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
New Mode suggestion EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
New Mode suggestion EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
New Mode suggestion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
New Mode suggestion I_vote_lcapNew Mode suggestion I_voting_barNew Mode suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
New Mode suggestion I_vote_lcapNew Mode suggestion I_voting_barNew Mode suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

New Mode suggestion

Go down 
+4
Subz
Glorn2
biki
Mr.Blonde
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

New Mode suggestion Empty
PostSubject: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Arena

The battle takes place on the regular map. NO creeps. You just duke it out with the other team. You can't enter base, and each round is 6 mins. If you die you spawn in base and have 25 secs before you are tp'd back onto the field. You can't go back to heal, there are no creep spots to farm just pure PvP
Back to top Go down
biki
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:53 pm

so basically you want a team gladiator mode on the large regular field
the problem with this is the field is so large entire teams can kite the entire game or just simply run away to piss you off so there would need to be boundaries to make the map smaller
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:01 pm

i think team gladiator would be really fun... at least more fun than regular gladiator, or small team gladiator with 4 teams of 3 either one. but kiting is part of gladiator and part of cha in general... plus rounds only last 6 mins if they run the whole time they won't win either.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:01 pm

i could fence in the middle area of the map, making the playing field about half of it's size, and that would be the team FFA mode you are thinking of. post more ideas on it, more detail, draw me into wanted to do it!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:46 pm

i can already tell you want to do it!!!

but what you want to do is you know where all the becaons are on king of the hill? use that as the 4 corners of a rectangle and have the arena in the center, i want it big enough for people to kite and run around like idiots.

I'm thinking 6 min rounds

at the begining u have 30 secs to buy. Each hero kill gives .5 lvls. Each hero assist (being in a 1000 aoe of the kill) gives .25 lvls.

If you die you are teleported into base. you have 25 secs to buy before you are teleported back into the arena. if you wish to enter the arena earlier you can stand in the CoP for ctf thats already inside the base.

At the end of the round the team with the most K-D wins the round.

I think 5 rounds would be enough.

I can't think of any other details you might want.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:47 pm

And to make the spawing areas uncampable, their will be 3 for each team, one in each corner, and one inbetween the corners.

Simplify the score board too, just record total team kills and deaths, not individual kills and deaths and rounds won.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Just make sure that the enemy can't just camp the teleport back into the arena, other then that I think this gametype would be sick. Gladiator gives sick amounts of experience, so this would be a good alternative if not in the mood for FFA.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:03 am

well read my 3rd post it stops people from camping the spots pretty hard
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:28 am

Mr.Blonde wrote:
well read my 3rd post it stops people from camping the spots pretty hard

My bad, had the page sitting on this while I was painting my garage.

Either way this sounds like a good gametype, sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:35 am

thx mate if you have an suggestions throw them out there as well
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Its cool and all the only problem with the /other modes is theyre decided too fast I guess you can say that for normal games but Ive seen close normal games with these modes Ive never onces seen close public games. The reason I guess is one of two factors the only time Ive seen it was with heavily stacked teams, and two pubs never ever give the other modes chances if you pick them a lot of them will rq on the spot or simply run around with their heads up their asses scattering for them creeps.

Pros
+No Creeps
+No all gang up on the high level player (play glads while being a high level you know wtf Im talking about)
+Team work

Cons
-Promotes team stacking (ever played a CTF where the teams werent stacked?)
-Once one team got the advantage its over most likely after the first round
-One Leaver fucks the whole thing up
-Pubs will likely only play this 1 out of 20 games if your lucky
-Only a select few skills are remotely usable in this
-Likely be a 6 minute long game of grab ass.

Other then that fuck it I say make the mode thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:28 pm

how aboutttt, when you "enter" the battleground, you are randomly placed anywhere inside of it? or if I made like, 16 spawn locations, and it randomly placed you in one. This can give any team a random kill chance, so you cant always have 4 people grouped up, ready to slaughter a spawn area.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:06 pm

meh i also had the idea that you would level up continuously and that every round you could make a new hero, but that would be far to complicated. But i like the idea of having random spawns, but not all of them on the same side, maybe split it top bottom with team one coming on the bottom and two on top
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Nah, one hero only. However, every duel or whatever give out a few levels and some gold to make things go faster would be nice, or have it as an option similar to the super start in a Normal Game mode.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:48 pm

bump so i dont forget
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:03 pm

dude this will be my new fav mode if it ever comes through
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:51 pm

LIGHTBULB MOMENT

after each round the lowest level of the team that lost the round gets a bonus level, to help balance the teams our (or a certain amount of exp to push him a bit or w.e).

if there is a leaver the team whos player left get exp = (the leavers total exp - (balancing variable))/(number of players still on the team)

how about that?
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 pm

The "team that loses a guy" +exp sounds good.

I don't like the lowest level gets a bonus level to help them out, thats gay.

"Heres a bonus level for suckin ass!"

Peoples builds might be designed to wreck the enemy team in the start then fall later. It's similar to the gold rewards on duels, the winning team gets more regardless of the fact it might keep it one sided. The basic principle of heres a little bit more gold for doing good. But whatev, that's just my opinion, take it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:15 am

Subz wrote:
The "team that loses a guy" +exp sounds good.

I don't like the lowest level gets a bonus level to help them out, thats gay.

"Heres a bonus level for suckin ass!"

Peoples builds might be designed to wreck the enemy team in the start then fall later. It's similar to the gold rewards on duels, the winning team gets more regardless of the fact it might keep it one sided. The basic principle of heres a little bit more gold for doing good. But whatev, that's just my opinion, take it for what it is.

Pretty much what I would have said, but I am too lazy to say it better.

Also, For Team Modes, all of them... CTF, KOTH, PTB, and this.. I plan on removing team swapping, and making drop items always happen.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:12 pm

just a bump, for what I have made so far...

From either side of rags rectangular area there... a line of trees comes down; that you cannot get through, or kill, ect. When you leave your base, you are ported inside the "arena" (space between the 2 rows of trees) at 1 of 5 random spots. When you die, you go back to base, and can shop and stuff.

What I got:
No creeps
You gain gold and exp on an interval, like, every 10 seconds.
No rounds, you die, you port back out after you shop.

Simple, right? And endless fight of bloody carnage...
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 pm

sounds interesting... im assuming we will still have our peons. but on the xp gain for killing/assisting if you make it a straight up .5 or .25 level per kill, the stonger player or best ganker will get insanely far ahead, insanely quick. There should still be some sort of balancing that gives a lower level hero more exp for killing a higher level hero than the opposite. I would also make assists require that you did x% dmg to the player to get the xp, but then i dont really know if thats possible.

thats all for now...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:39 pm

when i get around to making an assist feature, it will entail the whole game.

The intervals of gold and exp you get, are based on the average level. So, a level 20 gets 500 exp, and a level 15 gets 500 exp. the lvl 15 is much closer to gaining a new lvl than the 20.

^^That is my balance. Also, this is mostly a team thing. 1 ganker isnt gonna last long against 3 guys gunning him down. It is gonna be really hard for people to fuck up the teamwork, there is nothing to do except kill the other team, and die.

I will see what I can think up that doesnt make the idea of "lol, bash, bash, bash, bash, bash" seem good... Like fucking glad mode... the master strat is to lose the first 6 rounds, then hit 40 with all bash skills.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 2:47 pm

i was talking about the XP you get from actually killing someone. If person A kills person B and gets half a level at level 1. fine. If person A kills person B when person A is level 8 and person B is level 6 and still gets half a level...not so good. Then factor in that person A could have a nuke and get 3 kills in one strike and he gets 1.5 levels instantly which gives him a stronger nuke aaaaand repeat.

on the skills thing, is there anything you can do that disables certain skills for certain game types? bash in a regular game where the majority of the time isnt a full blown team attack is bad, in games where the entire point is to attack as a team, things like bash get a bit ridiculous. what if you made bash a 'spell' that didnt cost mana per se but only was effective for a certain period of time, that way at least the people would have to coordinate their casting of bash. im sure there are other similar skills to consider here, you said bash so im blinded by it.
Back to top Go down
psychonautics
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
psychonautics

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Quote :
i was talking about the XP you get from actually killing someone. If person A kills person B and gets half a level at level 1. fine. If person A kills person B when person A is level 8 and person B is level 6 and still gets half a level...not so good. Then factor in that person A could have a nuke and get 3 kills in one strike and he gets 1.5 levels instantly which gives him a stronger nuke aaaaand repeat.

on the skills thing, is there anything you can do that disables certain skills for certain game types? bash in a regular game where the majority of the time isnt a full blown team attack is bad, in games where the entire point is to attack as a team, things like bash get a bit ridiculous. what if you made bash a 'spell' that didnt cost mana per se but only was effective for a certain period of time, that way at least the people would have to coordinate their casting of bash. im sure there are other similar skills to consider here, you said bash so im blinded by it
i like that. kind of how vamp soul works just no mana
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:52 am

so, me and smitty tested this; and, you really dont have to worry about someone getting far ahead. the only way for a team to get ahead, is with amazing teamwork..

Why? While in the field, you cannot heal, and you cannot shop. If you get into a brawl, and win.. chances are, that after they go shopping, and port back with full life... they will kick your ass; giving them the gold and EXP boost.

Teamwork is really the only thing that can keep this from going back and forth, 1 kill at a time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mode suggestion   New Mode suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

New Mode suggestion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next