Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Rant Suggestion EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Rant Suggestion EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Rant Suggestion EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Rant Suggestion EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Rant Suggestion EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Rant Suggestion EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Rant Suggestion EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Rant Suggestion EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Rant Suggestion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Rant Suggestion I_vote_lcapRant Suggestion I_voting_barRant Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Rant Suggestion I_vote_lcapRant Suggestion I_voting_barRant Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Rant Suggestion

Go down 
+3
Glorn2
epicpowda11
carefulibite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:57 am

At the risk of sounding like a fool here are my suggestions.

Put a level requirement on selecting some of the modes. This only encourages players to level their hero via codes while at the same time making the choosing mode section idiot proof. For game modes lower level like a level 3-5 requirement which isn't a lot of games. For game modes like super start and others level 7-10. Rant suggestion but when you run into a clueless host who button mashes modes you will understand where I'm coming from.

Add about a 20-30 second delay before the game starts after the mode choser choses all random. Some times when they put this your unable to enter your -load codes. A lot of times when they enter this it catches everyone by surprise.

For Team Brawl dont start them in base start them on the map. Curently players can sit in their base forever and never leave base. If your smart you will convince your team to sit in base and when your ready steam roll your opponent for an easy 3 quick kills.

Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Point I) Or better yet. Remove Super-Start...

Point II) Actually I agree with this, if possible a little delay after the All Random mode was picked would be quite nice. Give you 30 seconds to see what skills you got and make up a fast item build in your head.

Point III) If you just sit in your base and never leave, then someone from your team is gonig to leave eventually, and they get steam rolled for an easy kill or two. I can't remember who was exactly in the game, but it was an all clanny game. They sat in their base for 3-4 minutes after the game started, yet as soon as they stepped out we were one them and slaughtered them. In decent games where you coordinate your movers with your team, this won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 pm

I do not feel that game modes should be picked based on player levels. However, Since I plan to allow for the bot to pick game modes, in the future, this should not be a problem.

I have noticed that on occasion, people spend too much time in base before leaving in TB mode. I will add a 1 min timer to this, because it really does piss me off. If you are waiting for that extra 100 gold to get a single potion before leaving, that is fine. I see people getting a second item or two before leaving though, and it is just silly. If one of their allies leaves based, they will get rolled; so that doucher is really holding up the entire game, or getting his team destroyed. I do plan to add a timer to that.

I will see what I can do with all random; but I cant give you time AFTER your hero is picked. That wuld require me to remake the entire system, which is finally bugless. I can however add time to the start, so players have a 20 seconds window to load their code or something.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:59 pm

1. the problem with that is it makes the save/load a requirement and its not meant to be. there are a good number of good players who dont use it at all and they shouldn't have to start just so they can pick the modes they want. do awful mode combinations get picked sometimes, yep, deal with it. (imho)

2. agreed, a good host SHOULD give you a warning and say load now or forever hold your vagina but good hosts are near extinct.

3. ^^
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 pm

0. i like this style, so i guess ill use it too.

1. Epic, super start is a good addition to games like KotH (AR in addition of course). It allows you to bypass that super slow "zomg gotta creep to get to level 8 before i can cap teh hillz"

2. Since ive been making the games AR KotH recently, ive been giving people a warning in the lobby, and before i start the game. But i agree that putting in a message saying something like that would be good when you pick AR mode.

3. I could ahve sworn that in Team Brawl mode, it autokicks you out of base after about 15 seconds, unless you changed it from the Betas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 pm

3) After you die in the arena, you are given 45 seconds in the base to shop, before it kicks you. However, these timers do not start to run until you have entered the arena, and been killed.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:12 pm

make it so peons can't exit the base
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:13 pm

lol screw w/ everyone and turn auto heal off again Wink
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:19 pm

.. peons cant exist the base... What kind of suggestion is that?

"Make it so you can pick your own heroes!"

Are there any modes where your peon can leave the base? Except for glad mode?
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:20 pm

i think hes talking about clan peons Very Happy wouldnt that be funny >.<
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 pm

well idk if you updated brawl but they used to be able too
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 pm

That was a problem in my very first edit that had brawl in it.. it has been fixed since.. that day. Get with the program, mang!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:33 pm

well jesus if you get on and play some brawl maybe i could find out
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Im at work... I need a new laptop before I can play WC3 at work. I am getting a new desktop though, yay me!
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 am

On the subject of team brawl seems kind of dry. Any chance of random generating power ups? I know this sounds imbalanced but it would add a lot of flare and encourage roaming around. Currently it seems that all fights are taking place at the tome shop. Also with a little bit of luck perhaps the help of dark mode it makes fighting handicaps doable.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 pm

powerups would be by nature imba, but would also be fun, i move we add it.

a second suggestion how about on king of the hill when you capture a hill the hill gives your team a beneficial aura

just as secondary options you can pick
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 pm

capturing a hill gives your team a beneficial gold gain, that is enough. Giving them gold AND making them stronger would be a little OP...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 pm

i don't think the gold gain is that necessary, i think something like move speed or regen would be more fun for capturing hills.

lets be honest, extra gold doesn't change the game play that much and is pretty boring
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:36 pm

and should the gameplay be changed greatly due to capturing a hill? What would movespeed give? Grab a speed set, and capturing hills wouldnt be worth it. Buffing players will make winners win more, and losers lose more. With gold, you have to go spend your gold to get any gains from it. This gives your opponents a chance to cap hills and re-gain gold. This allows for a game that isnt predecided after the first few hill caps. If you just got buffed from capping hills; people would defend hills more, sure... and be buff, and get kills, and not need to return to base. Shut down = Shut down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rant Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Suggestion   Rant Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant Suggestion
Page 1 of 1