Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Forum suggestion EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Forum suggestion EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Forum suggestion EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Forum suggestion EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Forum suggestion EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Forum suggestion EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Forum suggestion EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Forum suggestion EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Forum suggestion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Forum suggestion I_vote_lcapForum suggestion I_voting_barForum suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Forum suggestion I_vote_lcapForum suggestion I_voting_barForum suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Forum suggestion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Have you ever thought about remaking the build section slightly? What I had in mind was a section for each hero. That way if you have one of those runner builds for example you put it in the runner section. One big advantage to this is it can make for a quick reference instead of digging through 20-30 builds looking for the one you're trying to find. Another advantage is you will have less of the same exact builds posted. The biggest drawback is the amount of work involved in remaking or putting builds to the corresponding hero section and you might have a lot of heroes sections empty. With the work drawback aside the empty hero section could easily be an advantage as it encourages players to fill the void.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:57 pm

the problem with that is simply that.. many builds... work on 6-30 different heroes. I can think of a dozen builds that will work on 30+ heroes. I forsee idiots spamming the same build in every thread.

I like your idea though; I think it would be better if i had it set up for say...

High int Str
Low int Sre
High int Agi
Low int Agi
High int Int
Low int Int
Because those are the true classifications of what make a certain set of skills work on a hero type. If you can run a build on undead knight; you can run it on 20 of the strength heroes with little fluctuation on how it will work.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:00 pm

or you could even jsut seperate it into str, agi, and int. which i think would be the best, because some builds that people make, lke myself, dont know the right hero/stats that they want for the build. this makes it a lot easier for people to suggest different heros.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Glorn2 wrote:
the problem with that is simply that.. many builds... work on 6-30 different heroes. I can think of a dozen builds that will work on 30+ heroes. I forsee idiots spamming the same build in every thread.

I like your idea though; I think it would be better if i had it set up for say...

High int Str
Low int Sre
High int Agi
Low int Agi
High int Int
Low int Int
Because those are the true classifications of what make a certain set of skills work on a hero type. If you can run a build on undead knight; you can run it on 20 of the strength heroes with little fluctuation on how it will work.

thoughts?

Yes that I think will work better then what I suggested. As I was writing this I was thinking of my conjure image build and how with a few item tweaks it can be used on everyone. However with this system a player can quickly browse for a build of their favorite model. I think a small list of whom qualifies as what might be required but I think that can work. Also with this your more creative players can go and make builds for the unused or ignored models and feel special. For the really good builds possibly a highlight or spot light area.
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:31 pm

But what about the ones that overlap. like youd have tents on str and agi and youd have sw in all three. would you have to designate them for one class? then pubs would freak out like I CANT GET THIS SKILL CAUSE ITS NOT MY ATTRIBUTE because they wouldnt understand that just because a skill works best with x attribute, it can still work with attribute y. along with the new skills though, i believe it would create more interesting and original builds. i liked the stage i was in where i was trying to come up with original builds that work, but now everyone has figured out what works, and is using the same builds (pretty much. theres like 20 or so builds used commonly now.) another idea that may be viable is similar to OMG DOTA which gives you a chance to grab a skill from a group of randomly selected skills. so it would work like, red activates normal mode and random skill choice mode and then you pick your base, then the next shop has 1 tavern with a group of 12 skills, so on, and so on. maybe 6 for ultimates and innates.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 10:07 pm

no one said we would be setting certain skills to certain builds...

there used to be a hunter+frost nova build; that raped face. It was the item build that made it viable.

you can go an auto attacking space orc; whose initial mana is enough to cast a few shockwaves early... or you can go a terrap space orc; with as much int as str.

Suggesting a low mana STR build doesnt mean it is illidan with full passives only. And suggesting a high mana STR doesnt mean you are using terrap. In each case, you could use the knight of the round; or you could use illidan on a higher mana build. Why? well, he has an insane auto attack; so any spells he can cast are just icing on the cake!

It is just a way to help organize build types.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:26 am

I'd second it. honestly it'd be better than everyone making build workshops ect all the time and posting a dozen builds that most people hardly take the time to look at... no offense to anyone who has recently... we've all done it it's just i'd like to see that habit broken if possible
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 pm

what annoys me though.. and happens on every topic in every forum ever invented... Those people with 3 posts. And their post is as short as possible:

"BEST BUUILD EBERS

Priest with Fire circle thing, hex, mana restore, bash, Mana Shield
Get immortals shoulders"

The majority of builds that arent like that, are builds where people want feedback; so the posted build, isnt always the used build.

What if we add a build submission thread where we can submit and discuss our builds; and builds that are proven to be "good" will be posted in a proper format on the right threads?

It is kind of... uhhh... limiting, to the newbies, I guess. Limiting the build exposure, and the chance for them to try to contribute. But, it would make it much easier for people to find and use good builds that have some form of development behind them. Just like on thehelper and hiveworkshop; you gotta submit work, which is tested, and if proven to be on or above par; gets approved.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:30 pm

really:? i wuldnt mind seeing a build thread look like this

"simple post of build"

"someone comments or critiques"

"owner responds/defends"

"glorn comments that hes seen it already and that vortex destroys the build-"

woops... well maybe not that last one but ya you should move all the posts to an section of the forums and then just reformat the entire section completely Smile
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Glorn2 wrote:
what annoys me though.. and happens on every topic in every forum ever invented... Those people with 3 posts. And their post is as short as possible:

It is kind of... uhhh... limiting, to the newbies, I guess. Limiting the build exposure, and the chance for them to try to contribute. But, it would make it much easier for people to find and use good builds that have some form of development behind them. Just like on thehelper and hiveworkshop; you gotta submit work, which is tested, and if proven to be on or above par; gets approved.

Absolutely love this idea.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestion   Forum suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum suggestion
Page 1 of 1