Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Load Screen - Page 2 I_vote_lcapLoad Screen - Page 2 I_voting_barLoad Screen - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Load Screen - Page 2 I_vote_lcapLoad Screen - Page 2 I_voting_barLoad Screen - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Load Screen

Go down 
+4
Sinnar
verti89
Glorn2
Britlind
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you think the load screen should be changed to reflect the map?
Yes
Load Screen - Page 2 I_vote_lcap75%Load Screen - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 12 ]
No
Load Screen - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Load Screen - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Indifferent
Load Screen - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Load Screen - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Load Screen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:13 pm

I didn't notice them until you pointed it out; but then they became visible. I guess that makes it, "ehh" but I like the concept of it.

Also, with your 16 mb/s connection, you cant do such an accurate speed test. You gotta have someone like me, with a shitty connection host it, and time the difference; because people usually download the map from you in like 6 seconds anyway.

A good example would be for people who remember, the difference in DL between labs old edits, and fyuo's old edits; if anyone was trying to host a game and someone joining had to DL. That is actually why I played labs edits; was because it took 3 days to DL fyuos on a DSL connection.

Back on the topic of pictures; because this doesn't affect gameplay; so long as the file size is below 400 kb; I will let you guys pick out a loading screen; so long as it isn't inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Load Screen - Page 2 Edited11

Load Screen - Page 2 Jade11
Actual Screenshot

this more like what you have in mind?? idk how it will look once i compress it and such but right now it looks pretty sweet...also for the record i started with these 2 pics...

http://veliaf.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/548px-kiljaedendeciever2.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f60/14/10/20/29/frozen10.jpg

and yea thats why i was asking although i guess its good that u didnt notice until i pointed them out. i could see them because i KNEW they were there. anyways what we can do is ill take screenshots of a couple of different screens and then we do vote??

Last edited by verti89 on Sat May 22, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Looks tight, just thinking though maybe overlay him a little farther up the trail of lightning? it seems like he might be getting squished to the bottom a little bit there.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:58 pm

yea i played with that some, but when i cover up that first initial pulse of lightning just above his head, it just looks like the lightning is coming out of his head as opposed to being in the back ground. it also made him look kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 5:01 pm

hmm, when it gets stretched wider, it really gets blurry on the widths. According to the internet, the picture is only 144 KB or something low like that.

You could run a black line down 1 side; maybe 1/8th of the screen width. Not covering up any of the current image, but adding onto it. Going down the line in Blue firey letters, you can write "Revolutions" That would make the actual picture wider, while the "image" you are using, remains the same size-thus negating the "stretch" affect it is given.

But, that one is my favorite so far.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:10 pm

the thing is, that its not actually getting stretched wider, its actually being shrunk (the original photo is 1000x1200) it COULD be that since its being shrunk more length wise than width wise thats causing the stretching. i will try to find, or i might create from scratch, a picture that starts as 512x512 so its not being resized at all before the converting and see if that helps.

*EDIT* OK i finally think i figured out how to make the cleaner picture without the gigantic file size, you really have to look at them side by side to tell but it is crisper.

Load Screen - Page 2 Jade210
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:24 pm

I like it but its a bit dark it might just be my fucked up monitor but if its not you might want to lighten it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:29 pm

THAT is tight.... but yea maybe make the background a few shades lighter?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Load Screen - Page 2 Mtswit10

Load Screen - Page 2 Mtswit11

one has arthas in the back, the other has rag...and before you ask, YES i did try to give the illidan a reflection in the water, but that is beyond my skills lol.

additionally all of these so far have been a light blue tinting, i can do stuff with more color, but it just seemed like the blueishness was more fitting to the actual map... additionally i can lighten/darken add text etc later i think for now i just wanna figure out what base picture you guys like best.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:01 pm

I def like the rag one much more than the arthas one. And it is tied with my above favorite.

Can you add anything to the water? ripples? a wave? even a general shadowy reflection? as it is, the water is too still, and makes it look as though illidan is bending physics, by being both on the surface of the water, and above it.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Yeah the rag one is pretty sick.I agree with glorn on the ripples too otherwise its starting to look sick.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:00 pm

yea ill play with the rippling or something some, i was trying to make it appear he was sitting on the ice but yea now that you said that it kinda looks like he is just floating in mid air... anyways i also have to add text so worst case scenario i can just add text there so it distracts from the vampiric illidan...
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:37 am

ok here is an actual screen shot, with some rippling, shadowiness, and text. Glorn on a side note i dont know if you know this or not but its possible to change the text in the loading bar so we COULD make it say instead of...

Loading = Visit us at
Press any key to continue = chao.forumotion.net
Waiting for other players = same

or any other combination...

anyways yea let me know what yall think i think its pretty clean looking. total size is a wee bit bigger than the other one though...781kb which i attribute to the fact that this one is just down right sexier.

Load Screen - Page 2 Rag_il10
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:43 am

Yeah its getting there the rippling is subtle,the text looks good, very nice verti.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:01 pm

I like it; but the file size is just too large. 400 is my cut off; that is almost 800.

Also, if you want to change the loading text, that is fine; but you gotta keep the site on the main picture also. Slower loaders will miss what it says.

Also; what I think would look cool, but would be quite a bit of effort, so would understand if you don't wanna do it... Have two "groups" of heroes fighting each other. or any type of battle going on really.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:05 pm

well there's all number of pictures already made with people fighting, it would just be a matter of finding one the right size that people like and putting the text on top of it. I am really not sure why this last one ended up so much bigger in size than the one before it. but yea if anyone else wants to recommend a picture for the backdrop the picture just needs to be 1024x768.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:03 pm

That would be pretty cool have like 2 teams fighting with rag set into the backround
overlooking them keeping the icy texture to it.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:22 pm

that will definitely take some time, so far i have been combining 1 or 2 small pictures onto the one background. i can find a good background so if anyone is bored and wants to find some good action art of some heroes you can post links here. that would help a lot
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:23 pm

any specific file types you need to be able to work with?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:05 pm

nah gimp opens just about type of image you are gonna find. pictures to get smaller better than they get bigger so yea keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:55 pm

just saying, you could probably shrink that rag load screen to a manageabble size...i just saved it to a file to see how big it would be and it was a 172kb jpeg
Back to top Go down
Sinnar
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Sinnar

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:41 pm

photoshop can change image quality to reduce size... and in the load screen of wc3 u prolly wouldnt even notice the quality change
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:16 am

Brit that's because your saving a screenshot not the actual files that would be needed in the map. And yes I can try lowering the quality to make it smaller and see how the quality looks.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:03 pm

ok i can reduce the quality of the image to 60% from 75% and it still looks great and the file size is down to 397kb.

this thread is getting really long so i m just going to edit my posts when im the most recent poster...

if you guys want a battle scene we could use this... It has been used before but i could also add the rag in the middle to make it custom. And i suppose I COULD take out just the heroes and put them over another background but that would take a bit of time. And since no one else is really give me much feedback right now I would rather us just go with the illidan/rag over the lake combo with the reduced quality (real world you cant tell the reduction) for now.
http://www.jeux-strategie.com/upload/warcraft/battle-1024.jpg
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:18 pm

im with verti, i think the illidian/rag pic is sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Load Screen   Load Screen - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Load Screen
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next