Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! I_vote_lcapSave/Load system added! Player Exp! I_voting_barSave/Load system added! Player Exp! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Save/Load system added! Player Exp! I_vote_lcapSave/Load system added! Player Exp! I_voting_barSave/Load system added! Player Exp! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Save/Load system added! Player Exp!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Save/Load system added! Player Exp! Empty
PostSubject: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:23 pm

For those who dont know what a save/load system is, it is the same thing used by RPGs to save your hero, items, location, levels, and everything else you would ever need to save, with the use of a code. Well, rather than saving any in-game data like that, I ceated on that saves you Player Experience, Kills, and Deaths.

What is Player Experience?
Player experience is used to determine your player level. You get experience based on kills, deaths, and quest progression. I may also include experience for my other modes, like CTF, KOTH, ect. Currently it is only based on kills, deaths from another player, and killing Rag.

What is the point of Player Experience?
Hopefully to make people want to get better and rank up. you get a buff that says your player level. At higher levels, you get cool graphical attachments on your hero. Also, your level is shown next to your name on the scoreboard. I plan to add a shop where you can buy things that are purely entertaining, or graphical. Player EXP will not affect gameplay in any way. It would be silly to allow better players access to STRONGER heroes. Though I may add in a handicap, and if you lower it, you get more player experience.

How is Player Experience Calculate?
through a complex formula. When you kill an opponents hero, you get ((their player level +3)/2)X(their hero level/2) So, ganking a rank 1 player at level 6 will give ((1+3)/2)X(6/2) or 2X3=6 EXP. However, a level 5 player, at level 30 will grant, 4X15=60 EXP. Assuming pros are playing a long game, a level 20 (max level) player, with a level 40 hero will grant 11.5X20=230 EXP. Players also lose experience when they are killed though. the EXP you lose is based on your level. The higher level you are, the more experience you lose when another player kills you. However, you get more exp from kills (usually) than deaths. I believe it may also be based on the player level of who kills you. cant remember that forumla...

Wont people abuse this system:
Yeah, they will. I have taken many, many.. many... things into account.
-If you kill a player more than X times in a game, you stop getting EXP for killing that player.
-If you have no opponents in a game, you dont get EXP from quests.
-If the game starts with no opponents, you cannot save/load anything at all.
-codes are specific to your username, and no, you cannot crack the code.

Anyone who wants to abuse the system to get more EXP than they should will have to put a LOT of time into it, and would require a group of people. Assuming you artificially inflated your player level, you would lose all of your experience by dieing to low level players anyway. for players who dont cheat to increases their level, there should be no problem maintaining and always increasing your level.

Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:02 pm

me likey Smile encouraging cha lol awesome Smile

so different hero graphics like burning steps, non dmging immolt, color change ect for ranks right? Smile will the buffs have names too? have you worked out a ranking system already?
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:11 pm

i dont like the idea of a stronger hero shop diffrant balanced heros yes.

I do love the idea of the save system
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:21 pm

"Player EXP will not affect gameplay in any way. It would be silly to allow better players access to STRONGER heroes."

Not sure if you skipped over that line, or if you were just agreeing with it; but for clarification, Player experience will affect Gameplay in No Way. Well, maybe, in a very slight way. I mean, seeing a player with the level 20 animation may cause you not to attack you. Or a firey level 10 animation may give a heroes position away easier if he is trying to gank. but, other than minor changes in graphical appearance, this wont affect gameplay.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:24 pm

My only real concern is game crashes I have seen a few of those rpg like games crash due to inferior exp/load systems. Or when somebody attempts to kind of crack the code they crash so long as that doesnt happen I think this will be awesome.

Another thing if you add handicap and they should happen to come upon I guess a skilled player playing under another alais who just so happens to be just as good as them they lose more rank? So say for the hell of it Piss pisses me off and I know hes playing a game with this system I decide to go in and kick his ass to lower his rank. Is that possible?
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:27 pm

I also like the handicap idea. Though wait... you would have to set kill counts for exp extremely high to get the rankings b/c otherwise u'll see everyone w/ a bunch of flashy colors ect around them. that or your going to have to continually make new edits to compensate for the fact that eventually many people will get them. exp loss though might cover it but it does open up the flaw that didnot was talking about. also is it possible to make it so if you kill players of equal or greater rank its worth more than those who are just starting out?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:48 pm

piss, you gotta read everything i wrote concerning EXP gains, i covered that in great detail.

As far as gaining levels, you dont get cool graphics until level 12+ which is difficult to get. The required EXP for levels scales as it increases. Level 2 is 100 exp, lvl 3 is 250, level 20 is 30,000.

Didnot, dont worry about the system. the base of the system is from AceHeart, it is officially "the best" save/load system ever created. I just had to change a lot of variable and such; but the base is his, and it is golden.

If I add handicaps, you wont lose more EXP from deaths, only gain more from kills. the penalty is that you will be weaker, so may get killed more.

but yes, you could make an alt, challenge piss, and destroy him. however, if you did this, you wouldnt gain any EXP for your own account, so it wouldnt help you much.

A major downside to this, is that if someone does really bad.. they dont HAVE to save their progress. They can load old codes. Which is wht I have so many limitations and scaling; so a high level player cant rush-level a low level player very easily. I am going for more of a
"gaining" system than a "losing" system also. Deaths are really just a way of slowing the exp rate.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:11 am

ur gonna have to explain this greatly in the load screen or at game start, because no one would have ever anticipated this. maybe a min at game start would be good, as well as a chunk of text explaining what the save load system is. also, a "-clear" command would also help if u didnt want to see the text, and it would help when strategizing with allies at game start and the host chooses nothing less than every mode in the game, flooding your screen with the modes. On a last, insignificant note, I GOT INTO CHAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:03 am

Not really just during the load screen. They have to type -save the only problem is waiting around till the end. The problem being with our current system they leave often before you score the winning kill thus meaning the game cannot end thus meaning you cant save your progress.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 am

lol sorry i was skimming

i like the idea of a handicap system if a hero dies to a lower level because of handicap that the players problem for underestmating.

however you may have said somthing about this but what if its handicap ver handicap wont that increase the amount of exp gained

again sorry if you did say somthing
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:25 am

How handicaps will work:

Exp lost from deaths will no change in any way for any player.

EXP gain from killing a player using a handicap will not change.

EXP gained for a player using a handicap will be increased.

Logic:
Because a player is weaker, they should score less kills, and have more deaths. If a player is skilled, they will be rewarded. If they use handicap level they shouldnt, they will just get slaughtered.

Also, 4gotuser, You bring up a good point. During my brief cinematic at the start of the game, I will have it all explained. there will be no other text on the screen, and players cant click or do anything. they are FORCED to read it. Also, they have until everyone is done picking to enter their load code.

didnot; with the save/load system, you an type -save at any time to get your save code for your current stats; you dont have to wait until the end to get your save code. If you gotta leave early, type -save write down your code, and bail.

Because you get more EXP from higher level heroes, and end game quests, it isnt really worth it to leave a lotta games at level 10.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:13 am

Is it possible for this save/load thing to auto even teams?

Being lets say you have a level 40 player and a level 35, and maybe what 2 level 10's and 2 unranks. So if the 2 higher levels are on the same team its pretty much auto gg they win. But if there was an auto balance it would shuffle the teams where it would be a little more even. Is that possible with this?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:36 am

ummm, yes, yes it is.... I believe. It would be annoying as hell to do; and would only have to be a mode though. Sometimes good players want to be on a team. Players levels arent given out until the "game starts" (the barriers go down, and you are free to shop) but at that point, it could swap their teams and such...

The problem I have is that I know of now easy way to make a trigger like this... I'm not sure if there is one, but the way I am thinking of is incredibly crude. It would be along the lines of:

Event: Timer is Destroyed
Condition: (none)
Action:
Unit Group - Pick every player in (Team(1))
-Loop
-If/then/else
-Condition: If picked player is playing = true
-Then: Set (GoodTeam(1)) = (playerlevel(1))+(2))+(3... ect for all players playing
Unit Group - Pick every player in (Team(2))
-Loop
-If/then/else
-Condition: If picked player is playing = true
-Then: Set (GoodTeam(2)) = same thing as above

Set (Avg(1)) = (GoodTeam(1)) / number of players in (Team(1))
Set (Avg(2)) = (GoodTeam(2)) / number of players in (Team(2))
Set (TAvg) = (avg(1)) - (avg(2))

And all of that, is just finding the average player level for each teammmm.... After that would be a series of if/then/else actions, which you really shouldnt use if you can help it... I would have to find players "around" certain levels to swap... It would be about 8-9X longer than what i posted above...

The other way I am thinking of, is to take everyone out of player groups, put the highest on 1 team, second highest on the other, 3rd highest back in the first, 4th on the second... ect' until teams are even. In a way, this is easier. But in order to determine the level orders, I would have to compare 12 variables with each other. anyone remember that from math? It is 12+11+10+9... ect... down to 1. I would need that many conditions to be checked... thats like, 65ish conditions being checked...

I will ask about it on the hive; maybe there is a loop (integer A) i could use here...

It's a good idea though. But if the hive cant help me shorten it, I dont plan to do it. Simply because it would be at least 3-4 pages of if/then/else statements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Save/Load system added! Player Exp!   Save/Load system added! Player Exp! Empty

Back to top Go down

Save/Load system added! Player Exp!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com