Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Incentives for player exp save/load I_vote_lcapIncentives for player exp save/load I_voting_barIncentives for player exp save/load I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Incentives for player exp save/load I_vote_lcapIncentives for player exp save/load I_voting_barIncentives for player exp save/load I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Incentives for player exp save/load

Go down 
+4
Britlind
Mr.Blonde
Glorn2
starloser
8 posters
AuthorMessage
starloser
Unranked
Unranked

Incentives for player exp save/load Empty
PostSubject: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 pm

I find there are no incentives to use the save and load system. I have been writing down my code for last couple of games, I got 1.4k but there is no reward for doing so.
So, can we have some hero, skills and items to gain at each level? And those hero, skills and items will not be in anyway better than what you can get normally. But just for the fun of it. Here are some ideas:
Hero:
Make a hero that’s extreme big and slow but strong
A super fast hero that can’t use orb effect doing like 1~2 dmg
A hero with good stats and speed, but only 4 item slots
A perm invisible hero can only be seen while attacking but extremely weak (low int, agi hero)

Spell:
Self hex, turn yourself into a creep(of course, you can't attack while in creep form) so its kinda like ww :p
Confusing, make enemy 200% dmg increase, but they just go around and attack random units for n secs
Playing dead, if you use this spell on someone then you would be “dead” showing the message xxx killed you. Then reincarnate with x% hp after n secs.

So I hope you get my points, make some fun but not very effective things for reward. I am looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 pm

there will be no skills added that are for higher level players... that is pretty unfair...

I do plan to add heroes, which is kinda unfair, but they wont be better at all than other heroes. They will prolly be a little worse; but look cool; and be something special.

There will also be no items.

You get cool graphics, but i am adding a lot of text commands that will be usable by higher level players that change things. all for fun though.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
starloser
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:24 pm

hey you are on, good
thanks for replying, I think you got my points. without giving unfair advantage, but something to look forward to.
and where can i find more details about the level and rewards? i got 1400exp in 10 games(with my best/boring build, 80 kills/18death), and i see people with 11k exp...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:29 pm

uhhh, they are posted somewhere... i think questions and answers... I dont have them all written out; but the jest of it is there.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:30 pm

do something where u can pick a certain hero, and then go to a skins shop and pick any skin you want for it!!!
Back to top Go down
starloser
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:35 pm

how about start with 1 str, 1 agi,1int and you have 60 points you can add freely. then pick a skin and size. that would be cool!
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 pm

or...you could make the heros those hidden ones u get when you random? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 pm

You gain commands like weather and junk. You then get some visual effect that pretty much makes people focus you even when its not in their best interest. "I may lose the game but I got moar points for killing higher level"
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:15 pm

The hero thing is a great incentive but might i suggest making a few of the level 20 ones "difficult to play heroes" like ghoul, int panda, space orc ect. you talked to us a bit about how heroes w/ low stats in their main attribute often have the highest skill curve in game play. why not add a few more of those in addition to making them cool looking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:20 am

The heroes right now for level 20 have a different kind of skill curve... that is, very high BAT's. Why? Well, I hope this will make a "skilled" player try to win earlier. These heroes have decent stats and move speed, good armor, but like... 2.4 BAT on melee, 2.7 BAT ranged, pretty bad end game heroes, as far as attacks are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:54 pm

okay, added 12 heroes, added text to speech things... added some other various commands. good luck finding them!
Back to top Go down
SlvrSrfr
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
SlvrSrfr

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 pm

In regards with starloser. I know that at level 9 you get this orb looking thing above your head and you have that until level 12 i believe. Then at level 13 you get three orbs circling your body. I think level 17 is the next thing but not sure what it is.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:40 pm

FIRE!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incentives for player exp save/load   Incentives for player exp save/load Empty

Back to top Go down

Incentives for player exp save/load
Page 1 of 1