Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... I_vote_lcapClan chao Shaman Tournie... I_voting_barClan chao Shaman Tournie... I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Clan chao Shaman Tournie... I_vote_lcapClan chao Shaman Tournie... I_voting_barClan chao Shaman Tournie... I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Clan chao Shaman Tournie...

Go down 
+5
imsofattest
Niggonometry
Glorn2
didnotmeanto
verti89
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Clan chao Shaman Tournie... Empty
PostSubject: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:14 am

The current plan is to fill one of the open chao shammy spots via a round robin tournament amongst the grunts. The date will be one week from when Glorn releases 3.0 to the clan. This will give the participants enough time to get familiar with some of the new crap, but won't give people enough time to figure out any OP builds etc.

Remember this is for GRUNTS ONLY!!! If you are currently a peon and want to be in the tournie...i suggest you go about making grunt status quickly. To become a grunt you must beat a current grunt 2 out of 3 games, if a current grunt PMs me the BNET username of the peon that beat him, I, or Kon or sami, will promote them. Don't worry current grunts, you won;t lose your grunthood unless you are continually losing to peons.

I am not taking signups yet, just wanted to warn you guys.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:08 pm

I think its a flawed plan (zzz sami erases even though half the shit she posts are stupid too) Sami if you erase it I just post it over and over again so fuck off.

Currently you have what 13 maybe 14 grunts? Actively playing you really have about 10, and another 2-4 I beleive are on Glorns CHA0 with a zero for an O How many do you see really want to play? Your asking your grunts to report a person better then them thats total bull shit because you and I and any other clan member with a brain in their head knows that doesnt go on at all. Not one peon has ever been promoted in this clan based on the words of the Grunts, the only time a person is recommended is when theyre freinds of another.

So of the 14 you have about 6-8 willing to play or have time on their hands

So if its 6 a total of 3 matches or Im sorry round robin you say? hmmm okay your down to 3-4 who have time for that Some tourny you got there /sarcasm

Look I know you dont like to hear the negatives but somebody here has to point out the truth. Promote who you know are worthy dont host a tourny for the sake of having a tourny thats why they fucken fail so badly its not just because there is no real prize available. But if you must have this tournament do your self a huge favor open it to the peons in attempts to raise the amount of people entered. Stop this approval bull shit its like saying in BOLD WE PLAY FAVORTISM.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:39 pm

while i understand what you are saying, for a shaman spot, you cannot let ANYONE in. A few peons have been promoted based on what grunts say (after a shaman makes sure they are blowing hot air) but, generally, a peon gets promoted after showing some amount of comitment to the clan. Silly as this game is, and the structure of a hierarchy in it; it stil exists. Allowing a very skilled peon who just joined the clan to become shaman may not be in the general interest of the clan.

as a sidenote, really, with the way the activity of chao has fallen (you have 24 players who need to be kicked for inactivity) you should just pick active people who can host and you feel wont hurt the clan, to be shaman. cha0 is small, and i guess inactive, but all the members log on weekly, and 1/4 of them log on daily.

as a more cynical sidenote... Chao has gotten very inactive, HOWEVER, the number of CHA games hosted has increased. It is obvious that that number isnt from chao members, but from clanless people, or people in other clans who enjoy playing CHA, but either dont like chao, or havent heard of it. considering how many times it is mentioned in the map, i would assume most people know about it.

As a kick in the face to myself, i was checking out my admin profile on here and yeh know what.... 3/4 of the users on this site have never posted anything. Could it be the constant criticism of anyone who isnt the most pro player in the world? maybe they just like to read and learn the recipes. I would like to believe it is a mixture.

To sum up my wall of text... People dont like chao, and really, it is the fault of the people in chao, and on these forums! (myself included) Due to the soon-be release of my map, which i hope will bring life to CHA and this site again; I am going to start temp banning people who are excessivley rude. If you make a snide remark, who cares. If every other post you make is stupid, OR 1 line of text, you will be temp banned. sowwieeee

edit: as ive told other people, if you wanna spam, or have a conversation or debate with someone, use the chatbox! As long as you are spamming pages of stupid shit, I dont care what happens in the chatbox!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 2:47 pm

well... thanks for your input...

However for the record, several of the grunts currently will tell me when they get beat by a peon. I am not asking for them to admit to everyone they got beat by a peon, which is of course not a big deal since at somepoint 95% of us were peons, they just PM me and no one else even knows so why not.

Secondly the point of the tournament is not to have a big participation tournament, i don't need or really want a lot of participants. The bottom line is there is one or two grunts who SHOULD win the thing, so having 6 other people or 20 other people doesn't really do anything except make it last longer. Also if there are peons who think they have a legit shot they will have their chance to make grunt before the tournament starts. If nothing else they can PM me and ask for a test to be promoted.

Lastly if there was someone undoubtedly worthy of promotion based solely on skill I would promote them. But I don't play enough serious games with these better grunts to really have a good idea of how they all compare. My fault, probably, but the fact remains that I can't currently pick someone. So I make them earn it, and because it is a spot based on skill, it makes sense for them to play eachother for it.

On a side note, why does everyone think round robin tournaments take longer?? They SHOULD be faster due to the fact that you can play any other player at any point, one matchup is not reliant on any other matchup. Is this really that hard of a concept to master?
Back to top Go down
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:35 pm

If you want to be a grunt come play me 2 out of 3, I've been on a lot recently and have only had one person challenge me and have played more than ten games with this peon over the past two days. If you don't win I will be glad to teach you some stuff so you can try again against the other grunts or me even.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:22 pm

so verti you want us to tell you every time a peon beats us? or just if we think there better than us?

most of the people i play with in pubbies sound very interested in becoming good so should i be trying to recruit them for clan chao?

also glorn why no 1 liners? sometimes i have something to say but i dont feel like writing a paragraph or so for it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:25 pm

this is offtopic BUT...

tell me if a peon is playing you for grunt position and wins 2 of 3

absolutely recruit criteria is basicaly willing to learn and being active and not being a douche

for a good example of the 1line comments he is referring to look for some of sami and i's "conversations"
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:31 pm

sami and yous conversations? i dont think ive ever seen one most of the time ive seen sami talk on this forum it was in the off topic and was like 3 paragraphs long lol.
and aight ill start looking for some new recruits
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:31 pm

if it is important, then you should be able to think up more than 1 line of text... if it is once in a great while, who cares... but it happens about 40 times a week, and we have threads where the entire page is just 1 liners between 3 people... that is how you kill a topic and make the forum very inactive... If someone makes a suggestion, and you 1 line `yeah, i really like that idea` it is fine... because it shows your support of an idea, and brings even more attention to it... saying `sami sucks` doesnt...

everyone will be warned before they get in any type of trouble... i try to be very laid back, but yeh know.. give em a yard and they take a mile.

also, yeah, you should invite anyone who you meet in a pub and is either skilled, OR very interested in CHA. I used to recruit aweful players who really wanted to learn, and in a week they would beat the people who were skilled, but thought they were the best. those are the people who end up nominated for shaman a month later.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 6:33 pm

yea...

perfect example -Glorn
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 11:37 pm

lol, didnot, dont try to act like a hardass cuz i delete your useless posts. Maybe if you stopped typing up retarded shit all the time that in no way helped anything i wouldnt have to delete it...

also, arguing the rules of the tourney is pointless as well, seeing as how the person that is in charge has final say.
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 11:58 pm

hmm didnot as u MIGHT want to realize, 3.0 is not likely to come out in 2 weeks. So apparently we have plenty of time to organize the tourny plus promote new grunts. And i think this tourny idea is a solid idea, i will try my best to help this tourny going smoothly.

And i think it is extremely essential for us to recruit more people now to keep the clan active, what do u guyz think?
Back to top Go down
Batman is Pwn
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:29 am

wtf is that red bar to the right of vertis post
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 1:24 am

that means you get negative rep.. you have a lot of em...

I think round robin is the bet kinda tourny for this thing because you can say... `this tournameny will last for 2 weeks, whoever has the best win/loss ratio in that time, wins!`

I think it is good that people be allowed to speak their mind, it doesnt matter who is in charge, this clan is run by the peons. If they all think something is stupid, well.. you better fix it!

though peon is being very cynical on the situation, the actual truth is somewhere between your A and his B, and if you take the time to read through the bullshit, he makes many good points, that if addressed, will help the clan in the future. there is a reason i havent banned people like him from the forum. If he just posted shit, I would, but there are a few golden nuggets in his shit.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 2:04 am

he pooped golden nuggets?? that has to be profitable...

edit from glorn:
Yes, I will ban you too; this is your warning.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Okay is this still taking place or is it a bust. Do i have time to sneak an alt in win or most likely lose after knocking some key people out and leave the clan? Hmm at this point I dont know anybody so not worth my time.

LOL is this thing still a go whats going on exactly I know of the recent events with the merger of Chao and Cha0 due to the drop in numbers during the fall season and the real lack of maturity of the members thinking 1's the A Clan and the other's the B clan. Is this now a bust because you got your shamans back?

How do you plan to catch the assholes giving this clan a bad name? How one act's in channel is one thing but how they act in game when representing is what really matters.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 6:42 pm

1. the tournie is dead for now

2. as far as catching people IN games really all we can do is keep track of complaints from pubs...i could add in a note on the bot to report any assfaces to the channel or forum but thatd probably just lead to a massive amount of bs
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 9:26 pm

hmm, Well, I have been trying to get some competition amongst grunts, but it seems also while I was gone, grunt was handed out simply based on skill, and no one earned that grunt stats for.. yeh know... helping the clan. How people used to get grunt. So, I`m trying to inspire people to get to that point..Once we get a bunch, we will have a slew of people to tryout for shaman. quite frankly though, If we had all the non-shaman have a tourny, winner gets a shammy spot... I would prolly have to /ragequit. We have a lot of skilled players who remind me of Ir0n. Not exactly someone you want as shaman. (how many times did he kick everyone from the clan?)

Clan chao HAS gotten much more active in the past couple of weeks I`ve noticed though! Bullshit has been cut down on, me and sami have been giving a lot of warnings, and Kon has been banning assholes from the bot. I`m sure verti, accursed and imso do stuff that I dont see; (I`m away half the week) so, there is a lot of improvements going on!

Hopefully, sometime... we will be ready for a tourny!
Back to top Go down
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Speaking of the bot... does it have a banlist? I think the threat of being banned from the bot games would serve as a strong incentive for people to suppress their inner jerk.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 pm

it does but i dont really want to learn how to use it
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 11:56 pm

lmao, !ban USER

that easy! Kon has been banning people from it.

I think only you can access the banlist though, to unban people. But yeah, kon has run up your banlist. I wish I could help him... but I have no control over your bot :p
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:05 pm

well yes i realize that command...but you kinda have to be IN the game for that to work and i can't join my bots games. but i guess if kon is playing on them alot that works fine.
Back to top Go down
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Ah, kind of lame that you need to be in the game. Who is authorized to ban users from the bot? Is there a list of usernames?

You see, I told our dear friend EmperorMiki that I would see if I could have him banned from the bot (after I, while spoofing, witnessed him kicking players unjustly and being a general dick), and I was hoping to keep my word Smile
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 5:25 pm

He still does that?

I got an idea though its a little stupid.

Bot Mesage: Are admins are as follows:......, if you witness admins abuse of power save replays and report them at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you feel you were unjustly banned save the replay and report your case there too. Due to the nature of immaturiy we have been force to resort to banning users from use of our bot (your bot) Is that message too long? I dont know crap about ghost host or whatever.

I forget what exactly gets people banned? hey a little later Im going to rewrite my guide to game ruining just pop in after I write it and say which ones get banned. LOL dont worry I dont use your bot.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 5:51 pm

i think if u guys make a list of people to ban i can manually add them to the banlist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan chao Shaman Tournie...   Clan chao Shaman Tournie... Empty

Back to top Go down

Clan chao Shaman Tournie...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next