Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
The Next Tournament EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
The Next Tournament EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
The Next Tournament EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
The Next Tournament EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
The Next Tournament EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
The Next Tournament EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
The Next Tournament EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
The Next Tournament EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
The Next Tournament EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
The Next Tournament I_vote_lcapThe Next Tournament I_voting_barThe Next Tournament I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
The Next Tournament I_vote_lcapThe Next Tournament I_voting_barThe Next Tournament I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

The Next Tournament

Go down 
+6
stomp2anewbeat
Pissonmyhands
Shankz
Ignaciorocks
Ragnapulse
HLWG
10 posters
AuthorMessage
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

The Next Tournament Empty
PostSubject: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Ok, for the next tournament, I was thinking that we do a Ragnarok and Dark Mode Tournament. Now before you all say "but Glorn made a build that one shots everything in the game... its no fair," or "Dark mode is gay, you're gay." in the new edit, that build doesn't work. So you would have to rely on having a strong farmer, a boss ability, a pvp ability (duels give money and exp, and ganks help stop progression of others in relation to the bosses). The dark mode makes it so that you will not know what phase your opponent is in in regards to the archons, and also so that you wouldn't know what exactly your opponent has up his (and no, there is not his/her as there are no females on the internet) sleeve.

THIS IS NOT THE SIGN UP PAGE

Last edited by HLWG on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Ragnapulse
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 pm

i think that is a great idead, although i wont be participating, cuz ima newb Wink
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:09 pm

this a sign-up page? If it is, I'm in =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:09 pm

I disagree H, Tiff played warcraft for about a month, and still does occasionally, and sami is a gurl toooo Razz

I like the idea alot,
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:06 pm

OMFG I WANNA SIGN UPPPP~~! SIGN ME UP HERE PLZ SIGN~!!~! THIS IS SIGN UP RIGHT! OH MY CUBAN CIGARS SIGN ME UP

neway now that thats all out of the way let me explain why i think this tournament is counterproductive to the progression of players and the game. although i'm always usually for innovation I'm personally against these particular tournaments as of late. especially with a new edit and new version the idea should be to test the moves. if you take a look at how awkwardly uncomfortable everyone plays in the beginning stages of betas you'd realize that new map w/ new skills, balances, fixes, ect should = reset on the whole idea of restraints. although restraints yield creative play styles and different aspects you might not have realized, why on earth would you go searching for something out side of standard play when standard play has been turned upside down with the introduction of different attribute mechanics, game mechanics ect, and a plethora of new skills that are bound to change up play styles and move set ups. why would you hinder the exploration of these by setting a constraint that requires move X move Y and Move Z? I'm not saying it's a bad idea in general i'm just saying in terms of the bigger picture it's prolly not the greatest idea to throw this one out there just yet. think about the last tournament we had and how it made everyone explore ALL of the different aspects of the current version. I know it was late in the versions progression but you must admit it made people who generally dont play a lot come out of their closets and try new things b/c the tournament required experimentation of all moves. when it becomes a test of who can pve bestest in what is supposed to be a game built around a balance of pve and pvp I feel that it becomes counterintuitive to the current stage of the beta.

my bets:? u guys prolly wont read half of this. why? i dunno just a feelin
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 pm

after reading your post piss, i feel like i have to agree. it does change the gameplay significantly; however, another tournament where its just straight up 1v1 is too boring. instead of trying to bash pve and pvp into someones head all at once, putting only pve into their heads first makes the game easier to learn. When being taught a course in college, do you want the professor to teach you everything at once? or start off basic and get more advanced. the ragnarok mode allows you to have pvp included, but it doesnt make it the majority of the game. it allows to you dabble in field pvp/duels, while teaching you how to farm in the new spawn layout.
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:28 am

Ragnapulse wrote:
i think that is a great idead, although i wont be participating, cuz ima newb Wink
It doesnt matter. it would be nice to have more people in a tournament. i think we should try to get as many players as possible. it doesnt matter if you win or lose, its just for fun.
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:24 am

I think for once in a blue moon i find myself agreeing with H here. The combination of Dark mode and rag mode (both of which i dislike separately.) add a whole new feel to the game where even the changes in pvp caused by dark mode dont seem to matter. It kinda feels a bit to me like WOW when each group of people is trying to progress faster then the other and to be honest i like the rpg feel.
Piss, if im understanding you correctly then it seems you want people to explore all aspects of the game itself. I think that normally play in this version will allow people to feel out hte new skills and map layout. But I feel this tourney will force people to explore a different style of builds which is always good.

anyway, looking forward to the tourney.
Back to top Go down
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:05 pm

I am going to be able to have access to the beta to play so I can test builds and all the new things and what not?
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:10 pm

the bot is going to start hosting the new edit soon. so it will be available to everyone
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 pm

meh u misread the post then bane. I didnt say anything against exploring new venues of play like this tournament obviously does. all I said was that at the current stage of the new version it's prolly best to test moves, attributes, and items in their entirety without constraints.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:45 pm

what constraints are there? ragnarok mode allows for you to duel endlessly until one person kills ragnarok, which could be either 30 minutes or 2 hours. endless amounts of duels allow you to see skills as they progress instead of having only 8 kills, which can be anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours; however if it becomes one sided, that game will end fast. Many games end before 30 in CHA, Ragnarok mode requires you to be at least 35ish and have 6 high quality items. Also, as i said before, it allows you to focus mainly on the new spawn layouts, which drastically change gameplay, with pvp/duels as merely an optional part of the game. You can choose to masturbate in the corner, or ful on gank your opponent so that they cannot level at all. but ganking non stop really will not get you anywhere too far in dark mode with ragnarok mode, as kills arent as important. Are you starting to se my logic behind picking this?
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh I see your logic. It's a pve friendly game which is fine. but the restraints on pvp is a sperate matter completely. just b/c something is unlimited doesnt mean that it is beneficial to someone who focuses in it. for instance. since you have unlimited tries what's stopping someone from just running out and rolling late game. especially in dark mode. like you said it becomes a bitch to gank (which is virtually worthless :?) by completely eliminating ganking from the picture by ensuring those who want to slide off w/o losing duels can build how they want to build it's pretty much like handing candy to a baby. why:?? b/c you cant gank anyone while their doing rag. and doing rag isnt extremely difficult with good micro and a decent set of items. I mean what you've essentially done is removed the need for player to player interaction so it MAKES it possible for people to sit in the corner and fap till the cows come home. you've given most players free reign to do as they please while at the same time ensuring a large majority of their moveset if they want to win.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:30 pm

IDK piss, I think you are overthinking it quite a bit.

In general... Most tournys... What builds usually do the best, up until the final rounds... would you say... The kind that get bombs, and super outfarm and gank their opponent? Or straight up late game builds.

Answer: Gank builds rule.

farming is a very important part of any game; and farming will be very important in this game as well. Sure; you can argue "Well, you can just go all boss killing skills, and wait it out till late game, then kill rag first" which, is a way of doing it. Other people might try to severely outfarm their opponent; and get to rag sooner. Some people have no idea what kind of gear is needed for rag; and they will wipe on him twice; losing the lead. Some people will overgear for it, and lose the game because they stocked up on 2X the gear needed to win the fight.

sure, a lot of PVP goes out the window with a mode like this; but that is only PVP. I love PVP, personally. This game mode, in my opinion, will make people much better at playing normal games though. Any asshat can go bombs, frost nova, parasite; and gank early game. Any asshat can go flamestrike, MR, MS. I will wager you quite a bet that althought they are the favorite builds of pubbies, and some clannies... They will not make it to the semi finals of this tourny.

This brings new builds, new leveling, and new concepts to the table; but all of which have a direct impact on the "normal" form of gameplay.

Leveling, item building, saving a skill or two for late game strengths, knowing when to boss, I mean... come on; with exception to PVP, what is this missing that isnt insanely important?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:59 pm

While I'm not in objection to this mode I am a little concerned about the very common ragarock mission disconnecting problem. Won't this issue come into play with this selection or has this problem been fixed?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:31 pm

this problem has been fixed; to my knowledge*. I remade the entire rag quest, so the triggers are the same as the Archon fights. I havent had a problem in the new edit with the rag quest, and I also have never had a problem with the archons causing disconnects.

I think the sudden rush of triggers turning on and activating was causing the problem. In changing the rag fight system, I reduced the triggers from about 60, to about 25.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Next Tournament   The Next Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

The Next Tournament
Page 1 of 1