Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Team Tournament Discussion EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Team Tournament Discussion EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Team Tournament Discussion EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Team Tournament Discussion EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Team Tournament Discussion EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Team Tournament Discussion EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Team Tournament Discussion I_vote_lcapTeam Tournament Discussion I_voting_barTeam Tournament Discussion I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Team Tournament Discussion I_vote_lcapTeam Tournament Discussion I_voting_barTeam Tournament Discussion I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Team Tournament Discussion

Go down 
+6
keane11
John
didnotmeanto
Glorn2
Soul_Thirst
Pissonmyhands
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Team Tournament Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:29 pm

THIS TOPIC IS FOR PLANNING OUT THE TEAM TOURNAMENT. DO NOT TRY AND SIGN UP HERE. WE WILL BE ADVERTISING AND TAKING RSPVs LATER WHEN ALL LOGISTICS HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT.

Tournament Type: The tournament is a team tournament.

Team Format:
-Teams shall consist of 2 players
-No restrictions are set on the ranking/skill makeup of teams
-Anyone can start a team

Match Format/Seeding:
-Version played will be 3.1b
-Matches will be best 2 of 3 games
-Kill count will be set to 20
-The only acceptable mode is fast creep if desired. No other modes may be play
-Seeding will be determined by clan/player affiliation and skill level
-Seeding produced is permanent for this tournament and is not subject to change
-The skill portion of seeding will be decided by a group of Tournament Officials and the Tournament Head

Administrative Powers/ Additional Rules
-Tournament Officials have control and handle all tournament related issues.
-Tournament Officials will be the ultimate decider in all arguments between players. What they say goes!
-Tournament Officials have the power to penalize a player a game or a match as punishment
-The consensus of 2 Tournament Officials or the Tournament Head is needed in order to remove a player from the tournament
-Tournament Officials may observe matches
-Players are to return the messages of Tournament Officials while playing ASAP
-Tournament Officials can suspend/halt a match at any time
-Players will be given a deadline date which they must play their matches by. This date will be determined based on the convenience of the players and efficiency in regards to the tournament schedule.
-Outside help or communication of any kind is forbidden during match play (with the exception of communication between tournament officials)
-A player is allowed one disconnect claim which will be reviewed by 2 tournament officials.
-Trash talk and flaming are allowed. QQ is strictly frowned upon

Tournament Head: Pissonmyhands (alt accounts IA-Bikke)
Tournament Officials: JohnXL, Glorn2, Verti89, Imsofattest, Wrathoruin, Konyiu, Sami_gurl, and Keane12.

In the event of Pissonmyhand's absence the power of tournament head will go to JohnXL>Glorn2>Verti89 ect ect

Date :TBD I'm thinking a months worth of planning at least.

ADVERTISE THIS ADVERTISE THIS ADVERTISE THIS. Even if you think people know tell them anyway :p
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:30 pm

these are just basic rules... if you thought there are any I missed or any that arent good rules let me know. We'll discuss.
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:29 pm

k sounds cool, i just need to find, accursed, konyui or keane and end show.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:52 pm

Nooo, dont do it! Be a teamate with me! I dont wanna have to put effort into this!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:59 pm

glorn u told us u werent playing
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:09 pm

well, if there is no limit on who you are allowed to team up with; I might make an exception... For the sake of my own amusement. but I plan to join as a player, not someone who runs the tourny. If it goes well, I will help with any future ones that you need my help with.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:31 pm

fair enough
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Has the obs command been revised to allow talking out side of the match?
It would be very important incase of issues occuring.

I am going to get a temperary vent situation for turnemnts only set to team names since or current vent is not best controled.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:08 pm

with the current vent, people can just use different channels. obs you still arent allowed to talk 3in3 33though because you could gie tips to people.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 11:15 pm

private chat clones bindings and comments and the fact that you dont have admin powers in the vent are all issues that i can fix because im an admin in anouther and would give temperary powers to you and create and alternet setting out side the busy vent no one would know there are 20 other people in the room theres only you and your partner.
and officals can see all of them
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:59 pm

I like the vent idea but we can see if someone is using U 2 U on vent. If we can stop it on ur server john that'd be great though. Anyone planning on helping I'd like you to take a copy of tio. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] play around w/ it for a little bit b/c it's the format file of the bracket i'm going to be sending you when I make it.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:26 pm

i will need my new computer inoreder to get things set up but i will need teams and names inorder to do what we need but it will be in do time
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:35 am

ok I've made a decision not to participate in this tournament as I feel we need someone to be able to be free during the tournament. I'm not expecting anyone else to make the same decision as I am making now. Everyone else is free to join.
Back to top Go down
keane11
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 pm

well tourny would be completly pointless if soul and glorn teamate so i was talking to piss last night saying after every one signs up for it we should have piss draw names out of the hat and have random teams i think a hat for shamans or very skilled players {soul} shouldbe in one hat and grunts,peons be in another so we dont have a very ovp teams and give the teams a set period of time to train with each other i think this would motivate more people to learn and play ;] 4 posts yay
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:38 pm

^-- exactly what we tried before when it failed
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 pm

^^ Agreed; we tried that. The "peon hat" never showed up for games or practice. It was in fact so unstable, that no one had the same teammate for more than a few days.

Other than piss and john (piss isnt playing, and john cant play) me, soul, and Kon are the only people to actually train for this... at all... No one else is showing any interest at all. I mean, 3 people, involved in a 2v2 tourny... I dont see a lot going on there.

Why? It only takes 1 good team to discourage everyone else. If a team has won before the rounds even start, then what is the point? I mean, at best, there could be 2 good teams. though, then it would just be a 1 round tourny anyway. who wants to play in a tourny then know they lost before even finding a teamate?

With random teams, you will get the same thing. 2 good people will get paired up. At best, there might be 3 teams that completely outrank every other team. though, there could also be 1.

On top of all this; given the rate that people drop out of tournys, or dont show; you would want about 40 people to sign up. At best, we have 4.

you are trying to do something that has proven to fail multiple times; and you arent even trying to improve apon what was already failed.

"the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results" Something like that was quoted from someone important at some time in history...
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 pm

just make an everyone random tourney
that would be sweet
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

We did that once; and I ended up the winner because the other 2 finalists would never play each other :p

It was actually fun. It was a random/pick your opponents build tourny. you tried to give your opponent the worst build in the game; or you could simply random (players had to agree on which way to play)

There were a lot of upsets; and it was quite entertaining. I think it is a much better suggestion than anything else in this thread ^_^
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:10 pm

I agree i talked to piss a little bit last week and what i said it was keane mentioned that IF we are going to try to do a team tourny, the teams would HAVE to be randomized. On top of this i think the only way it works is if we tell everyone we can if you want in show up at this time. Then we randomize the teams right then and there and we start it immediately. Training time will do nothing but seperate the best players from the mediocre players even more and it will give more time for people to lose interest. The key to success is short and sweet. I agree with Sami and Glorn, as I have said before we should try a 1v1 tournie before a team tournie, I also think a random tournie would be amazing and i suggested that before too. IF you want to continue to try and do this I will participate if i can and will advertise in Chao and with the bot as well.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:24 am

woot another fail tourney to watch =]
well last tourney every1 wanted to join when u guys said we can chose teams but right when u said people get random teams everyone just said fuck that so ya... and last tourney u made piss didnt u stop getting on so that tourney went bye bye toooo lolz...

but goodluck with this tourney if u decide to make it... but like glorn said if people were interested in it there would b like so many post on here talking about it but from what i saw its only glorn, piss, soul, and keane on this topic so yaaaa
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 am

i think known skilled players should be randomed in to the clanny unknown teams will be allowed to make there own choice if the random team is to op then that team should be seperated and randomed it may take a few trys but it would stablize the turny a bit.

My V/C has been delayed again to march 2-5 and was garenteed to ship or 50% discount. so im probebly going to be on by the second week of march if im lucky.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:09 am

to be honest I think this one should be a little difference. the only problem w/ randoming is that it circumvents my idea of making the bracket on the spot. besides this thread isnt for signing up glorn. I made that quite clear in my first post. This is just discussion. As soon as we start to advertise it via clan messages, games, forum posts, ect then we'll be able to gauge how many players are actually interested.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:12 am

randoming doesnt circumvent making brackets on the spot. in fact i suggested the exact thing like 3 post up...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 am

and piss... the forum has had higher activity that EVER this month. Look at all the other toury discussions.. there are 4 pages of people saying "sign me up" before we even make a sign up page... On here, more people have said "i wont play" than "i wanna play"

People who are excited about the idea will post on it, regardless of what you say.

Plus, piss, when is the last time you were on battle.net? I havent seen you in about a week... Hard to run and advertise for a tourny when you arent on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournament Discussion   Team Tournament Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Tournament Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next