Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome I_vote_lcapPeon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome I_voting_barPeon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome I_vote_lcapPeon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome I_voting_barPeon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome

Go down 
+7
verti89
KOnYiu
Glorn2
Potter
Pissonmyhands
John
epicpowda11
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome Empty
PostSubject: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Alright, so since I have returned I noticed we have some major ... inactivity / non-clan events happening, so I propose we set up a fun filled tournament to bring the clan together again. This will be a 2 v 2 pre-set team, open to the public with the stipulation that publics must play a try-out game with one of the tournament administers, or be vouched for by someone within Chao to participate. Standard game ops: Extreme creeps, Unlimited Weps and Autoheal. Options can be modified with an agreement from both teams, although Super Start, Noob Mode and Fast Leveling are not allowed, as well as the final will be played in pro mode. The tournament is also restricted to Peons, Grunts and Publics, simply because I'm trying to get interest going again and if its like the old days, there is a large divide in skill between the shamans and peons. If you guys take some interest in this and we get a bunch of sign ups I will post more information and set-up some dates. Give me a shout here on the forum or B.net, my alias is the same (epicpowda11). Cheers
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Hey can I get this moved over to the clan events thread to, I fucked that right up haha.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:27 pm

I can make a turniment web once we get the members for easy follows

all matches posted with videos or if you want send the videos to me and I will varify

only qeustion i have will it be random teams or chosen
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:30 pm

tried it... didnt work... i got the flu half way into running the tournament. (see old rules on both forums). i'd be happy to work w/ Johnxl though in running it again. TIO and all.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:33 pm

old rules:
SIGN UP FOR THE PEON PUBBY TOURNAMENT HERE NOW. EVEN IF U USED THE ORIGINAL POST PLZ SIGN UP HERE SO THAT I CAN SEE WHO STILL WANTS TO PARTICIPATE!!! DONT DO NETHING ON THIS OTHER THAN SIGN UP PLZ.

ANY PUBBY WHO IS NOT IN THE CLAN CAN SIGN UP AS WELL. CLAN CHA MEMBERS YOU ARE ALSO WELCOME SINCE YOU ALL SHOULD STILL BE PEONS Wink . GL TO ALL OF YOU ENTERING.

I'LL HAVE A RELEASE DATE FOR THE BRACKETS UP IN A COUPLE OF DAYS BASED ON THE PROGRESS OF SIGN UPS.

COPY PASTED
How? The tournament will be separated into brackets. There will be a semi-finals and a final match. The games will be 1 vs 1. If both players cannot host, get an official to host and use “obs mode” so that they may host a 1v1 for 2 players without interfering. If you lose you may play another loser, the winner of that match can progress to round 2.

What Map? Custom Hero Arena Unlimited Beta will be used. You can download it here on the forums, or get it from a clan member.

Who? Only peons or non clan members (pubs). You must be signed up here before the first day of the tourny if you wish to compete.

The Reward: Grunt status for the top players. Various rewards may be given out during the tourny also, but they are currently undetermined. WE'LL THINK OF SOMETHING IF UR NOT IN THE CLAN

More Rules and Notes:

1. Any public player who enters the tournament may join Clan Chao if they have shown up for all of their matches (regardless of winning or not)

2. The semi-finals and final matches will be 2 out of 3 wins.

3. Tournament brackets will be selected by officials.

4. After each match it would be a good idea for the players to save a replay. If a player does not want to save a replay or cannot send a replay to someone, then they should have an official being an observer in their match.

5. Anyone caught telling a lie to an official of who won their own tournament game will be disqualified.

6. The builds players will use can be decided in more than one way.

Option A. Both of the players will need to agree, before the game starts to tell each other what builds they will use and make any changes to counter the other player BEFORE the game starts. (the best way in my opinion)

Example:

player a: My build is death strike, evasion, rejuvination, and meteors
player b: my build is storm bolt, hex, goblins, and demon spawn
player a: I will change meteors to avatar (since he has so many disables)
player b: I will change my ultimate to reincarnation(since demon spawn wont do well against avatar in a duel) and change hex to befuddle (so that I can take down bosses easier)

This process will ping pong back and forth until both players are satisfied with the build they have vs the opponents build and do not see the need to make any more changes.

if the players cannot agree on what builds to use...

Option B. Both players could tell an official what their build is before the game and the official will tell both players what the build of their opponent is in order to avoid players picking a different build once the game starts. If only ONE player is ok with this option then this is the option that will be used.

Option C. If both players do not want option a or b, they may play with no rules on what builds to use. Anything goes, no complaints from either player will be tolerated. If both players fail to select their skills in time and the game ends in a draw, they both loose and the player they would play next wins automatically.

7. In two out of three matches (for the final and semi-finals), the players will reselect the option they use to determine the builds they will use AND they may reselect their builds.

8. If someone leaves a tournament game under any conditions including lag or a fatal error then their game is considered a loss unless the opponent agrees to not count the match.

9. Once the tournament officially begins, players will decide for themselves when they will play each other within the given time frame for the round.

10. If players want to ban skills for their match for either of them to use then that is up to them, but, they should let an official know so that they abide by it. Players may also decide what game options to turn on using the same method. Players may also decide to change their match from one game to a 2 out of 3 in the same way.

11. After the tournament officially begins the tournament brackets will be posted under a topic that I will name “Apprentice Tournament Brackets”, players will have 7 days to finish their first match and post the results or tell the results to an official. (I will try to be on as much as possible for the tournament) If the first match is not decided in 7 days, the player who was logged on b.net more recently will win by default.

12. If both of the players for a match are on at the same time during the 7 day period they should play their match. If a player refuses to play, cannot play, is afk, is not responding , or even doesn’t notice the other player trying to whisper or talk to them when asked to play, then the player who wanted to play may notify an official. If an official is on then he will ask the players to play in a match. If any of the players refuse to play immediately when asked (within 10 minutes), can't play immediately, are afk more than 5 minutes, are ignoring the official, are not responding to the official, or are not noticing that the official is talking to them, then the player who did any of those things will loose by default. If an official is not online or not notified when both players are online and one is not willing to play, then they will still be able to play their match until the 7 day period is up.

13. Players who have completed their match before a round ends may play their next match if there opponent has already been determined. Any afk players who are done with their current round will not be disqualified. A new Round will begin when a round ends.

Tips and helpful reminders:

*Each opponent should add each other to their friend list temporarily so they can find each other easier to play their match.*

*Since the clan tends to be more active at I suggest that all players try to play their tournament games between 5:00pm-10:00pm*

*I also suggest that you DO NOT go afk during the days of the tournament before you have completed your match for the round. Be logged on and at the keyboard or logged off. Being afk will make you loose by default if you are afk more than 5 minutes.(if your opponent happens to be trying to play the round match with you)*

*Let an official know if your opponent is on and won’t play you. The official will see if your opponent will play and if they don’t play you within 10 minutes then you win!*

*I would suggest you only get on b.net when you know you will have enough time to finish a game during the tournament if you still need to play your match. I want all rounds done in 7 days so we don’t end up taking forever to finish.*

*As with any of the tournament matches it is HIGHLY suggested you save your replays so you can prove who won if you need to.*

*Remember if your opponent doesn't get on b.net until the round is over, then you win by default. Also if you never catch your opponent online, then the last person logged into b.net before the round ends, wins. If both players are on right as the round is about to end they may still play their match.*

*If anyone comes on right before the round ends and its obvious they were trying to exploit it, the officials wont let them get away with it.*
Back to top Go down
Potter
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:19 pm

I will join in this game
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 pm

I wont be joining; however... No offense to anyone here... When we had 80+ members; tourny failed. If everyone active from both clans combined joined, we would still be at 20 players... that is 10 teams... 10-5-2-1 4 rounds of play?

It is difficult to get a 1v1 tourny going.. but a 2v2? amazingly "never gonna happen" Though I wont stop you guys from trying.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:45 pm

I dont think it'd be fair if u joined and the first round was a bit of a hassle but the rest of it went smoothly until i got sick :./. I personally think a doubles tournament would be more in order especially if we had more than 1 person running it. John if this follows through and we end up doing more tournies i'd like to send you a copy of tio. its a tournament organizer i use and it makes great brackets.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:00 am

8. If someone leaves a tournament game under any conditions including lag or a fatal error then their game is considered a loss unless the opponent agrees to not count the match.

i beleive that the player with lag or feital error deserves a singe rematch all rules apply if the player fails to comply to the rematch with in that day that players oppnate wins by default

sorry but i have had critical problems with my aluminum paper waight and have sympthy for them

as for turnys team battle may or may not run smoothly i think you should add to rule 12

1 player can post pon for an additional 10 min if once that time is up the team automaticly looses

brackets i have a rather cheap ver but it works if all else fails
as for picking who the oppanates face i think it should be randomed and then revovled base on skill level depending on how many players/teams there are
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:40 am

oooo, chao only and welcome publics? i will get my awesome awesome alt and come kill u all period
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:09 am

i dont think its chao only...seeing as how most our active people are me, sami and wrath, and since piss and john are both bn i think.

also as glorn said i tried getting a 2v2 to work and it failed miserably when the majority of the people were either shamans or very active grunts at the time. so yea...good luck, i dont think it hurts anything to try but a 1v1 might be easier to start with.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 am

i think if it was a 2v2 it wouldnt be bad to make it available to the public. AND i can make a bracket on the spot w/ everyone who shows up. i also think that instead of signing up we should do a bunch of preping and advertising in advance to make sure people know when it is. then when we need to make a bracket we can do it right then and there and everyone can start playing. once people get farther into the tournament they tend to be more committed to going.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 3:55 am

Actually that has change I have managed to triple the clan activity in the last week.Thanks to some minor rank adjustments and active recruiting Chao will be decent again in no time.With or without a tourney.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:07 am

well I dont like to think of tournaments as a way to publicize cha clans. competition is just good for people in general Smile raises our level of play, builds familiarity ect. I say pubbies b/c some people in the clan actually have pub friends whom they might like to play w/ in a 2v2 Smile
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 am

piss might be on to something there, rather than have signups and then organize specific times just say we are playing the tournie here and and this time show up if u want in, then organize bracket right then and there...i like it
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Down side? If a tourny is 4 rounds long; you are looking at up to 8 hours of playing. And what about the people who win in 15 minutes; then have to sit around for an hour waiting to do their next round?

The first round might go smoothly with this, but after that, about 1/4 the people will be gone. There will be a last second scramble to swap up teamates to fill in slots; at which point other people will realize it is failing, and they too will leave.

You just cant expect 20+ people to sit around for 8 hours waiting for someone else to finish their game. And come on, 1 disconnect, and there will be drama. 1 early dinner bell; and there will be delays and feuds.

And really, with just 20 people, you know at least 8 will drop. In which case you are left with 12 people; and you could just play a really fun 6v6 instead!

SO! I petition to just play a really fun 6v6 ^_^
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 pm

i didnt mean a downside to the tournament itself i meant if the tournie fails it doesnt really hurt anything, terra always acted like a failed tournament was the end of the world...we failed at what 3, 4, tournies and for the most part it had little effect if any on the cha community.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 pm

my opinion of failed tournys is, "the more they fail, the harder it is to get people to join"

The few tournys we had that actually were played and finished worked because it was the 20 "best" players. They were already active and such. Remember what happened with all the "pubs can join" tournys? they never even got started, because 20 pubs would sign up, and 2 would show up.

If we could throw down 50 dollars per tourny, that would make a lot of people actually learn how to play, and be around to play. Which is why I am *trying* to transfer this forum over to my own ownership; so I can get my own google ads, inspire everyone to click them, and use the proceeds to fund tournys. Thats how the DOTA tournys work.. but they have tens of thousands of users log on a week on their official site; so of course can offer like, 1000 dollar tourny prizes... ...damn bastards...

Anyway; I hope you guys can get this tourny to work; but the math really isnt adding up.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:42 pm

math always adds up...to something
Back to top Go down
wwecom
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:54 pm

I am not a memebr of chao or bn clan.
But still can i be a part of this tounament?????
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

there currently isnt anything specific organized. IF and when that happens we will make sure to properly advertise/notify/post on here any info regarding it.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 1:20 pm

To continue with a thought out plan...

You should really try the "be here at this time, we play at this time" with a 1v1 tourny; to start. Simply because if you can get 20 people on around that time; only 10 (prolly 8 or 9 in all reality) will advance; and you could much more easily set up second round brackets based on who is in a game, and who isnt. a 2v2 is too "player reliant" asking 4 people to be in the same place at the same time. 2 ppl is twice as easy!

This is just my idea for your least shot at failure. the reason no tourny has been held in a while is because they kept failing, so no one wanted to get involved. If the people hosting the tourny dont disappear after saying "lets start" it might work... Cough, piss, terra, querty.... And actually follow through with it successfully, then people would be more apt to join in future tournys, yielding better results.

Also, the hall of fame section in the map; people who win a tourny that is 4 rounds or longer, can get into the hall of fame! Hence I use 20 as a starting number. 20-8-4-2-1. It isnt a lot of incentive; but you DO get your name on the map!
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Well I think a tournament is a good thing but in limits. For example no more then 1 per month its when they started getting back to back is when they were failing. If a tournament cant get enough members it should simply be cancled for that month. Players should have up until the last week before the tournament to inform us of pulling out. Those who fail to do this would result in a 2 week ban from the forum. Ban Hammer baby find ways to use it you know. Also I agree with the rest of them 1v1 is still the best way to go wait until 50 cha clans pop up before you try larger numbers. Oh just an idea tourny winners or finalist get vip tag.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 pm

well glorn i think you failed to read the rules the turny is most likely going to take a week or 2 plus all the prep time we wont have all the fallouts most turnys have because it isent johny on the spot no pun intended not to mention matches being set up in there own time but it would be nice to support some kind of prize perhaps name droping in 4.0 or somthing nothing real big ya know
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:05 pm

@ Johnxl Those rules were just what i originally used for the old one that failed. they're not the actual rules... yet. we still need to make changes on those rules to fit a 2v2 format ect.

@ glorn Ur right but the hardest rounds are always the first ones b/c there are so many matches to organize. once we get those down people will know they are committed. if we make a bracket pre tourney and people fail to show up then it'll be just as bad as if people did finish in 15 mins and had to wait 30.

In response to the amount of tournaments, I think a monthly or bimonthly would be nice. who knows more cha clans might start popping up as a result of the competition Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome   Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome Empty

Back to top Go down

Peon / Grunt Tournament of Awesome
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next