Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Tourney Winner Suggestion I_vote_lcapTourney Winner Suggestion I_voting_barTourney Winner Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Tourney Winner Suggestion I_vote_lcapTourney Winner Suggestion I_voting_barTourney Winner Suggestion I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Tourney Winner Suggestion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Tourney Winner Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Tourney Winner Suggestion   Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:37 pm

On your tournament I see that you have all winners random. What should happen if eventually every person who didn't random wins? The whole thing turns into an all random tournament? I don't know it seems kind of dumb why not just have the previous winners type -handicap? Even if they should happen to be unbeatable eventually -handicap after -handicap begins to add up and take their toll on that player.
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Winner Suggestion   Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:44 pm

It's only on the following tournament. for this months tourny, yeti will no longer have to random.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Winner Suggestion   Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 pm

well for that to happen, it would have to be a whole bunch of tournies. Since more people join the forums and play CHA daily, there are more people playing tournies and for ALL of those to win a tourny, well... it will be a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Winner Suggestion   Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:37 am

It's only for one tournament? My bad I guess disregard my original post then. Still though there is some merit to using handicap for past tournament winners. In horse races if I'm not mistaken they weigh down continuous winners. This makes for better odds while not making it impossible for previous winners to win again.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Winner Suggestion   Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:44 am

Well, most good players can play through handicaps, and still demolish other players. The randoming makes it much more difficult, since you will most likely be using a build that doesnt synergize well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Winner Suggestion   Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:35 pm

handicaps only lower your max HP throughout the game. Solution? Mana shield builds! Or, just run fast farmers, ranged based on mana. The extra gold will make up for lost HP.

Ive made it a couple of rounds into each tourny; and whoever I play, it is usually a decent game with; so it isnt just a free pass if you play me; though I have no intention of winning. IF me, or the past winner, end up winning the tourny after randoming through the entire thing, then they will still be given the win.

Really, I think it is relaxing for the winner of the last tourny to be able to screw around in the next one. There isnt a lot of cooldown time between the two. People who lose first round are roaring to go; past winners are tired of tournys for a while still.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Winner Suggestion   Tourney Winner Suggestion EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:19 pm

Handicap doesn't effect mana? I'm used to hero survivals where handicaps effect both hit points and mana. For the most part I was just suggesting handicaps because nobody uses it. It's amazing how many players think of random as a sever handicap. I'm sorry I kind of hinted to it being one its not its just random.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Winner Suggestion   Tourney Winner Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

Tourney Winner Suggestion
Page 1 of 1