Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 I_voting_barBash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 I_vote_lcapBash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 I_voting_barBash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Bash Crit Pulverize

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:03 pm

the comparison is that pure damage cannot be reduced by anything, ever.

at first duel, a 200 damage spell does 180 damage. a 200 damage attack does about 150 damage, 200 pure damage is 200 pure damage.

At level 30, a 1000 damage spell does 250 damage, a 1000 damage attack does 200 damage, 1000 pure damage is 1000 pure damage.

do you understand at all that in order for any type of pure game ability to be added to the game, it would have to be balanced for late game? Do you get that point at all? This would make it completely useless for early game, and half useless for mid game, and completely useless for farming all game.

What would an offensive skill, that does a lot of damage, and is only really viable as a late game ability have in common with death strike... hmmm... Could it be, that it would be the same niche being filled? Like, the same eact niche? Like a smaller difference than frost fall compared to barrage?

Then you add in all of the balancing that would have to go into a pure damage skill, and the fact that balancing a pure damage skill would mean that it is mostly unusable to the vast population; with except to people who play to level 40, in AFK matches.

Just seems like an annoyance for a skill that we already know will either be OP, or unused.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm

but its not like im suggesting a skill that does that much pure damage should scale that highly into late game... even right now pulverize is like 200 aoe damage at the higher levels. so if it does do 200 damage lets say at lvl 30 every 2 seconds, thats doesn't seem too crazy imba and it seems like a great skill for auto attack farmers. 200 damage in an aoe allows them to farm well and PvP reasonably. i don't know how this is imba, you can just turn the precentage to splash way up and teh amount of damage way down that way it will be very counterable with any damage block... say at lvl 1 30 pure damage splash every attack at lvl 15 100 pure damage splash per attack. that seems reasonable. and not terribly bad for farming at all. the weakness of course would be damage block from any item or skill would completely own it...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:18 am

im not sure how many times I can say it,

"Pure damage is not reduced by damage block" so your suggestion above, though is a good idea, is null.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:38 am

but if you just say its "pure damage" and code it as chaos damage it works perfectly with the right scaling? like i sugggested before?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 am

chaos damage isnt pure damage though? it is still reduced by armor.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 2:31 am

well not chaos you can set a new damage type if you wish something that would not be reduced by hero armor at all
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:28 am

I'm not sure you understand how damage types and armor types work. On top of that, triggered damage still isnt reduced by attack damage reduction. That -400 damage a shield offers, is ONLY from an auto attack. It would be cool if it worked for all attack types though... Imagine blocking 800 spell damage from a cast...

Anyway, with exception to pure damage, all damage types are reduced by armor, OR spell damage reduction. Triggered damage is not reduced by damage reduction though.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:50 pm

i am 100% sure there is a way to do this... i think it might involve an armor detection system but i don't think so.

cause spectre was able to do this like 10000 versions ago in DoTA ill have to search for it
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:17 pm

if you were to run all stats through variables, this would be completely possible. a unit obtains something with damage reduction, set variable (damage-redution[player number of owner of obtained item] then later, any triggered damage they take, reduce by that variable.

This is the same way you can add things that increase spell damage. however, I am not going to go through and assign variables to all of the various stats in the game.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 pm

as always thats up to you
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:02 pm

in an RPG or a game with limited, set heroes, with set abilities; this would be pretty easy to do. Well, it would be hard, but completely doable. In CHA it would be about 2 months worth of work; and would add easily 100 pages to the map script.

Granted, it would be cool, and would allow me to add new, unique stat aspects to the game, as CHA is already pushing the limits of triggers in a map, I dont feel it would be a good use of resources.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bash Crit Pulverize   Bash Crit Pulverize - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bash Crit Pulverize
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2