Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Spirit Link answers EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Spirit Link answers EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Spirit Link answers EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Spirit Link answers EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Spirit Link answers EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Spirit Link answers EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Spirit Link answers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Spirit Link answers EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Spirit Link answers EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Spirit Link answers I_vote_lcapSpirit Link answers I_voting_barSpirit Link answers I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Spirit Link answers I_vote_lcapSpirit Link answers I_voting_barSpirit Link answers I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Spirit Link answers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Spirit Link answers Empty
PostSubject: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Okay I'm not sure how many know this or not but the skill soul link works as follows; The damage the initial target takes is either physical or magical damage depending on wether they were nuked or attacked while those in the link take magical damage. Now I dont know what this means to most of you as nobody uses this skill anyhow but with this little tidbit of info you can now offset the damage you take by simply buying an ams potion or by increasing your magic resistance. So in other words if they dont focus you and focus your ally in the link you take whatever %(20-80 depending on the level) reduced by a factor of (2-6) in magical damage. I know boring useless info but if you should ever random this knowing this mechanic might or might not lead to living or dying in a few duels.

My extremely easily beaten but still fairly strong spirit link build
Any skill
Spiritl Link
AMS
Any Skill
Do not ever use in Unlimited Weapons Doom Bringer + Noobmate= A lot of magical damage being taken.

Any Hero Builds countered by everything including leavers, and noob allies. Sleep Sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down
Exalted_Fighter
Average Player
Average Player
Exalted_Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:10 pm

nice link dude lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/straight_up_me
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:41 pm

spirit link is one of the best defensive spells in the game in mid-large sized team games. Being able to keep heros alive and desperse huge focused damage gives the heros massive survivability.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:48 pm

This skill can be a jagged shield (those sharp edges can tear your hands up and possibly put an eye out) sure it lowers the amount of damage you take but you also can take more damage then you would have taken. For example Pit Lord Siren Boss focus Pit dont dispell and look how much damage Siren takes without even being attacked. She has a cloak of unseen. Ultimately if you use Spirit Link it is very wise to combo it with Anti Magic Shell.

But alas Vortex DAMNIT!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:58 pm

try dispelling it, and see how much faster pit goes down, it makes taht fight so so much easier
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:37 pm

no way, keep it on the pit and just muscle through it. want an easy fight, use a shit ton of mana burn, or even vortex. The siren has "frost arrow" which deals 1500 spell damage, for like 500 mana a cast. burn her mana and there is no damage that fight.

AMS is "what you see is what you get." 4000 spell redux doesnt care about your 50% reduction. it is just 4000. Which can be amazing, when used right. can also be 90% useless if used wrong.

Also, as this skill is leveled, the focus'd player takes less and less damage, while the allys take more; so REALLY, you would wanna focus the guy with the highest spell reduction, then look at armor. If their armor ranges 50-80, and he is in the mid for armor, but has higher redux than the others; focus him. The majority of the damage will go to the others; damaging them FASTER than it damages your target. HP is an important factor here as well. An HP tank with 20k HP, is a great target. Someone with 3K HP and 35% evade, and 200 damage reduction... is a bad target!

^^So, when used with the right players, and a team leader, and possibly vent; this is the best team skill in the game. When used with pubs; you might as well drop your items and leave.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Quote :
^^So, when used with the right players, and a team leader, and possibly vent; this is the best team skill in the game. When used with pubs; you might as well drop your items and leave.

i could make this arguement for many of the team based skills in this game
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:46 pm

plus when used with taunt or magic defense it becomes rofl
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Ive used other skills AMS makes it applicable with pubs as in I can keep them alive. More times then not its countered by rage quiters on the other team. Usually I can easily over come the one guy but when they get all the gold of their rage quiters and are using an ultra late game build blessed by the added 20k worth of items and gold mid game it generally gives them the automatic win.

Taunt works best when pared with an ally who likes to kite. Perfect combo for Mr.HealyMcHealsAlot

Like always Armor Aura, Increasing your own Magic Resistance, AMS Potions,Healers, Can make this skill extremely powerful

But in most public style games Frost Armor is usually a much better choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit Link answers   Spirit Link answers Empty

Back to top Go down

Spirit Link answers
Page 1 of 1