Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Best Build of skills agi hero I_vote_lcapBest Build of skills agi hero I_voting_barBest Build of skills agi hero I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Best Build of skills agi hero I_vote_lcapBest Build of skills agi hero I_voting_barBest Build of skills agi hero I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Best Build of skills agi hero

Go down 
+8
Glorn2
Sharky
i_4got_my_user
Mr.Blonde
epicpowda11
imsofattest
Pissonmyhands
mo55
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mo55
Unranked
Unranked

Best Build of skills agi hero Empty
PostSubject: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:51 am

What are the best skills for an agi hero?
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:00 am

depends what kind of game your playing. I think in my own personal experience since i've come back is that the newer chas are nothing like the old ones in the sense that there is a terraptus build or some amazing build that you can use for every situation. As cha has progressed so have the moves and characters. It's pretty plausible to synergize many different moves so long as you have a decent farmer and a decent mana pool to use it (unless you just wanna stack passives to farm like bloodbath and static shock).
Back to top Go down
mo55
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:15 am

Pissonmyhands wrote:
depends what kind of game your playing. I think in my own personal experience since i've come back is that the newer chas are nothing like the old ones in the sense that there is a terraptus build or some amazing build that you can use for every situation. As cha has progressed so have the moves and characters. It's pretty plausible to synergize many different moves so long as you have a decent farmer and a decent mana pool to use it (unless you just wanna stack passives to farm like bloodbath and static shock).

I don't know any builds. I'm new can you tell the skills I should get?
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:44 am

farmers include spells like chain lightning, magic barrage, breath of fire. anything that hits multiple units for high damage. w/ agi you want to keep the mana cost down most of the time so breath of fire is prolly ur best bet. also agi will produce the fastest attack speed and highest armor due to the nature of the stat, so reincar works nicely in my opinion or crits and procs.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 pm

for a ranged agility hero you want to be a glass cannon that hides behind your summons
get skeles. a good pvp offensive like corrupt flesh, storm bolt, death strike, or nova. for misc you want to either get anti magic shell or endurance to increase your summons damage and for ult youll want either puppet master to make your summons more reliable or you want to get avatar if you didnt get anti magic shell so that your opponent cant 1 hit kill you with silent night or dread curse. thats really the only way you can effectively run an agi ranged hero against a good player, and even then its not a very good choice
melee however, is my favorite hero choice. every one of the agi melee heros should be used a different way, and ill leave that up to you to figure out :p. if you want, check out the builds section of the forum and look through some of my posts, or anyone who has a bright yellow or blue color to their name, and youll find alot of tips there that will help you out with your builds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:38 pm

For agi? Uno farm spell, and Crits and Bash's. Agi are the ninja assassins of CHA, you kill you opponent quick and the needs to end before mid game, or generally Strength or a good Intel Build will ass rape you harder then Oprah and Twinky's.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:50 pm

bashs? i hope you dont mean the skill bash, those are just awful with agi they are str skills. staff bashes work good because you get really good magic damage from them and they disrupt annoying channels but other than that you wanna stay away from passives except death strike and magic enhanced attacks (agi gets all the passives from items, there is no need to get more with skills) disables, heals, nukes, those are the things you can use with agi effectively as they will allow you to get the job done alot faster and keep you alive alot longer.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:22 pm

agi's have no chance of winning late game in general, due to their shitty Base Attack Speeds, in general, assuming skill difference is not huge, agi is all about the early game DPS, i perfer endurance aura for farming, it works wonders.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:49 pm

woh? not really. they are mid-late game heroes because the stat that increases their damage subsequently increases their armor and attack speed. in that sense they are a lot weaker in the beginning when their attack speed is low but are much better geared for later game since the majority of their stats go into dmg, dmg reduction, as well as attack speed. (i think i just repeated my point like 2 times in one post :/)
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 am

coughcough*timmy*coughcough

but nah, blonde does have a point. late game items are always basically the same (well, no so much any more, but w.e) so a low base attack speed will ultimately make u fail.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:18 am

Every point of armor adds 6% maximum hit points to your actual amount needed to kill you on top of reducing the damage you take. Ehp makes you a bitch to kill. EHP + Insane Regen usually means you cant die.

Strength only adds HP no regen

Intell adds MP and regen but unless you have Terraptus or Mana Shield that dont mean a submarine phoque.

Agility gives attack speed, armor, and effectively increses your hit points to a degree. In ultra late game this means your actually tankier then the 10000000 HP tank although he does have a shit ton of life if your equally farmed your regen will be healing more then the damage they're actually able to dish out.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 am

even though agi does go into armor, armor and agi gain are relatively low, and the game will rarely go into the state that you are done getting immortal items and you are stacking tomes... infact i haven't been in a game like that to date.

so agi as a stat isn't whats bad, its agi as a hero type is worthless late. early and mid game is amazing, because you stacking agi and attack damage early giving you huge dps before other heros start getting agi items
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:44 am

the difference isnt that much bigger than the others. take for instance stacking ring on timmy or huntress would work better for a str hero like space orc Very Happy items tend to give multi stats while your outtake is a bit more geared towards the fact that certain early game items only give agi. that however is not the case w/ most items as they balance stats b/t two or even all three attributes. when you take this into factor, alot of the int items like cloak or even set give pretty good bonuses for agi and boost attack speed.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:49 am

Sharky wrote:
Every point of armor adds 6% maximum hit points to your actual amount needed to kill you on top of reducing the damage you take. Ehp makes you a bitch to kill. EHP + Insane Regen usually means you cant die.

Let me clarify..... In cha, that 6% is actually only 4% (Which I have said a few times, but will hopefully stick this time)

On a diff note... It is kinda silly that so many people firmly believe that agi cant do shit late game. I mean, a lot of melee AGI are only .1 slower than non agi heroes. The difference between Slithery and Dark Elf, is 36% damage. and that is a .7 difference. so a .1 difference is.. well, 36/7... which is ~5%. 5% DPS is NOT a huge deal. Why? well, agi items give armor, allowing you to live longer. Also, they give crits and evasion; allowing you to deal more DPS, and take less.

true, that any hero type can get the same stats, but they come easier to agility.

Unless you are reallllly good, playing another REALLLLLLY good player, that tiny bit means nothing. Fats has great AGI builds; why? because he is good with them. the 5% less DPS at max attack speed is nothing, if you are good with your hero! Ranged agi is all you are allowed to complain about!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:50 am

Its 4% lol sorry okay. Still though thankfully your pointed it out I was actually looking through replays but must had erased it anyways I remember I was in a game where basically everybody left the idiot host raised the kill count to like 200 oponent was Slithery I was DH needless to way we had the exact same items 4 fucken masks ect anyways we both were toming he was no longer able to damage me and I slowly but surely killed him. To say agility is not a good late game stat is flat out retarded. Essentially with enough points of it they will not be able to damage you at all around some point. Then eventually he got enough hp to make it to the tie as the timer auto killed us.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 am

Quote :
Its 4% lol sorry okay. Still though thankfully your pointed it out I was actually looking through replays but must had erased it anyways I remember I was in a game where basically everybody left the idiot host raised the kill count to like 200 oponent was Slithery I was DH needless to way we had the exact same items 4 fucken masks ect anyways we both were toming he was no longer able to damage me and I slowly but surely killed him. To say agility is not a good late game stat is flat out retarded. Essentially with enough points of it they will not be able to damage you at all around some point. Then eventually he got enough hp to make it to the tie as the timer auto killed us.

ya like i said earlier, this is irrelavent to any serious cha play, but i have to disagree with glorn. 5% damage can mean a huge difference late game, though not as much as good farming and pure skill, but assuming the same factors, agi heros will become underpowered later on, however good agi players take advantage of their early game dps to farm and gank more effectively than non-agi's. nothing makes a goodlate game than making your opponents late game shitty as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:52 am

okay, you disagreed with me, then, agreed with me. though I didn't point it out, it is to be assumed...

Wanna know why I use fast moving, fast casting int heroes? Not because they are good late game (they arent) but because I can farm fast, and gather more gold than the STR hero next to me. With said gold, I can buy items and stats, giving me a very solid DPS bonus. 5% damage really is nothing. A crit from an ultimate sword is 44.5% damage increase; from the critical strike chance alone. 9 times more powerful that the DPS difference. The crit on a talon weapon is around 30-37% damage increase (depending on the weapon) sooo, if that agility hero manages to outfarm you AT ALLLLLL; that 5% DPS is made up for.

5% DPS is nothing, unless the game is REALLLLLY close. How often do any of you have a really close game? I'm talking like, both players are at 1% HP when 1 finally dies.

Again, AGI items are geared more towards DPS anyway, so agility heroes make it back a lot faster than a slower attacking STR hero.

If you wanna argue a slow attacking hero vs. a fast one, there is no problem with that. But compare the extremes. Dont pick a 2.1 attack speed STR hero over a 2.2 attack speed agility hero, because of the BAT.

Also, agility has the very best starting item line of any of the hero types.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:12 pm

to boot a good mix of skills and micro can make up for 5%. i feel bad no one answered this guys question though Sad I wish I could but the only agi build i know of i ripped from imso so i'm not fit to answer you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:43 pm

i have to agree with didnot, even tho hes making it sound a little rediculous i have never come across a game where i lost late game because i was an agi hero, it was all do to skill vs skill counters.
timmy is an awful hero, NEVER USE HIM! i despise anyone who uses timmy. siren is ok tho.
also agree with glorn, ranged agi is really the only hero you can complain about you literally have to win it quick and you have to have a build based on kiting or hiding behind something and getting redic damage.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:30 pm

i've actually had a lot of games where i win or lose duels by less than 100 hp... not the majority, but more than a handful definitely

maybe the game isn't that close over all, but i wouldn't' hesitate to say one out of every 2-3 games there is a duel where the players are both in low red hp.

But you also have to agree that most agi heroes on average have a much lower BAT then other heroes, and their movespeeds are comparable to intel and str heroes, which is the issue i was trying to make.
Back to top Go down
SlvrSrfr
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
SlvrSrfr

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:16 am

I feel like this post is dealing with apples and oranges. Blonde seemed to be talking about the heroes that are picked and simply that (not moves or items). You simply cannot generalize these characters. Just becuase a character is agi based (for example) doesn't mean it gains agi the most. If you take a look, there are characters where their base stats/stat gains don't reflect the type of character they are so you can't be simply saying one agi character is similar to another (this can be said for both int and str). I also find it stupid to think agi characters are not late game. Int characters generally focus on mana (but not all the time) and thus can use the int gain to support spells which can be good for farming. But even with that said, items can be bought to support that mana. Since agi characters may have low int gain, people generally focus on passives and auras which are generally based on the percent of the character which i would consider to be more of a late game skill. Before piss mentioned how rein works nice. I happen to love rein but remember that is based on percent health so a character gaining lots of str could slightly benefit more (or simply a character with lots of health).

Question, does str gain affect health regen at all, even if it is just a little, or none what-so-ever?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:42 am

str doesnt affect regen. Though, I agree in some aspect to your post, I must also disagree to an extent. The later the game goes, the larger the gap between hero types becomes. Strength heroes ARE the best late game, simply because they get HP from their main stat. Agility is second best, because they get armor. INT is the worst, because unless you have terrap/ms, you get nothing special from having 40k mana. This is why int heroes have the lowest BAT though. Their main stat sucks, they need something to make them viable late game. AGI heroes simply become too strong too fast during the mid-late game transition, because their items are the most damage-geared. STR heroes are the mac trucks of the game, that can do decent all game, and really shine an hour+ into the game.

At different stages of the game, different hero types reign supreme (assuming people of similar skill are using decent builds) However, every hero type has its area of expertise.
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 am

As a response to the whole "Cant stack stats till after immortal items." id like to point out i dont get any immortal items for agi.
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 4:04 pm

ive seen some effective no farming skill agl builds, then again it may be due to everyone in pubs being shit, so they can get away with it.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:29 pm

unless you mean that shitty pubs allow you to steal your spawns the skill of your team or the opposing team doesnt really make a difference
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Build of skills agi hero   Best Build of skills agi hero Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Build of skills agi hero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next