Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Spell Resistance EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Spell Resistance EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Spell Resistance EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Spell Resistance EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Spell Resistance EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Spell Resistance EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Spell Resistance EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Spell Resistance EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Spell Resistance EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Spell Resistance I_vote_lcapSpell Resistance I_voting_barSpell Resistance I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Spell Resistance I_vote_lcapSpell Resistance I_voting_barSpell Resistance I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Spell Resistance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Spell Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Spell Resistance   Spell Resistance EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:07 am

Okay so Im just copying pasting a topic that neurapraxia posted a long while back.

Spell Resistance and how it stacks. I’m not entirely sure how the items are set up, if they’re all the same type of magic resistance then they don’t stack (highest ranking magic resist item is the form of magic resist you have), and that would leave you with only factoring in the two forms of resistance, if they do stack you would simply add S3 part to the equation. Any way you look at it magic resistance stacks with diminishingly returns.

Spell Resistance = (1 - (1 - S1) * (1 - S2)) * 100 and so on and so forth. If Glorn adds a hero with a resistant skill to spells simply add another *(1-S3)) before the *100 .

Hero natural resistance and with Set Armor or Spiked Gloves
(1 - (1 - 0.25) * (1 - 0.20)) * 100
(1-(.75)*(.80))*100
(1-(.6))*100
(.4)*100
which gives us 40% magic resistance not the 45 like some would like to imagine.

Hero natural resistance and with either Cloak of unseen or Cloak of the Hidden or Gloves of Death.
(1-(1-0.25)*(1-0.50))*100
(1-(.75)*(.50))*100
(1-(.38))*100
(.62)*100
Which gives us 62% magic resistance. Again notice its not the 75% like a lot of people would like to imagine.

Hero natural resistance and with either Black Knights Mail or Immortals Boots or Immortals Shoulders.
(1-(1-0.25)*(1-0.75))*100
(1-(.75)*(.25))*100
(1-(.19))*100
(.81)*100
Which gives us 81% magic resistance. Once again its not 100% like way too many seem to think

and his second double post.

So to add on for kicks lets see what the absolute maximum magic resist we can have in our beloved cha. Heroes Natural Resistance, Black Knights Mail (or Immortals Boots or Immortals Shoulders) and Defend at Level 12. Here is the equation (1-(1-S1)*(1-S2)*(1-S3))*100

(1-(1-(.25))*(1-(.75))*(1-(.85)))*100
(1-(.75))*(.25)*(.15))*100
(1-(.03))*100
(.97)*100= 97% the absolute highest amount of magic resistance in cha.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Spell Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell Resistance   Spell Resistance EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Well I hate bumping topics especially ones that were not really mine that I simply copy pasted. Anyways after screwing around in single player mainly due to the fact I was bored shitless I now know for a fact that spell resistance from items do not stack.

I could show the replay but anyways instead I just give the long story short 4 cloaks of unseen frost boss nova did like 1000-1200 damage with just black knights alone it did like a little under 800 puzzled by this I dropped all but 1 cloak of unseen for the next run and his nova did 1000-1200 damage so this only leaves me to beleive that spell resistant items do not stack. AMS Only proves to be a lot more stronger after finding this little tidbit out.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Spell Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell Resistance   Spell Resistance EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Hmm now question about how Weak Constitution ties into this...

Say you have Immortal Boots and Shield, both 95%. Now we all know these don't stack normally, BUT if you hit someone with Weak C, when they drop the 80% will the other one kick in or no?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Spell Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell Resistance   Spell Resistance EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 pm

cute story about this:

weak C over-rides spell reduction, so they say.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

Spell Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell Resistance   Spell Resistance EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Right, and who is they?

Oh wait, those guys...
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Spell Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell Resistance   Spell Resistance EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Subz wrote:
Right, and who is they?

Oh wait, those guys...

Here them come
The boys in the bright white sports car
Waving their arms in the air
Who do they think they are?
And where did they get that car?
There they go
The boys in the bright white sports car
Honking at all the girls
It's jack-of-all-trades Stan