Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring I_vote_lcapSpell Immune on Super Sonic Ring I_voting_barSpell Immune on Super Sonic Ring I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring I_vote_lcapSpell Immune on Super Sonic Ring I_voting_barSpell Immune on Super Sonic Ring I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring

Go down 
+2
Xejon
verti89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring Empty
PostSubject: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 12:01 pm

This appears to be a channel spell because you stop attacking and if you move it goes away. Am I crazy or what? To me a spell immunity on yourself that is a channel is essentially useless. Just confused is all.
Back to top Go down
Xejon
Nooblet
Nooblet
Xejon

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 2:50 pm

It's situationally useful to remove buffs, such as Terrify or Soul Burn. But yeah it's kind of wonky.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Good question, of which I have a good answer.

The cast is a channel, yes, but the spell immunity stays on for 7 seconds. The trick to this potentially OP skill, is that the second you click it, click attack again. You will remain spell immune, and stop channeling.

For those of you who dont believe me, try it. Watch your skills screen, you will have an icon for spell immunity, even after you break the channel.

Again, as soon as you start the channel, break it, and you will remain spell immune for 7 seconds.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Xejon
Nooblet
Nooblet
Xejon

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Glorn2 wrote:
Good question, of which I have a good answer.

The cast is a channel, yes, but the spell immunity stays on for 7 seconds. The trick to this potentially OP skill, is that the second you click it, click attack again. You will remain spell immune, and stop channeling.

For those of you who dont believe me, try it. Watch your skills screen, you will have an icon for spell immunity, even after you break the channel.

Again, as soon as you start the channel, break it, and you will remain spell immune for 7 seconds.

Seems more like an exploit than a "feature." I'd think it better to change the ability if your intention is for people to be able to do this at all.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:31 pm

To be completely honest, lab added the skill, and by the looks of the trigger for it, it would seem the channel is the way it is set up. Generally, it's is meant to be used as a debuff, but anyone with enough attention span to look at their stat list when casting, will see...
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 5:51 am

haha all u have to do is right click....
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 9:00 am

Indeed, but you know, the average gamer isnt too bright. Amazing how of the thousands of people who have used this, only 1-2 have noticed the icon in their skill area pop up to say they are spell immune.

"yeh can't fix stupid"
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:44 am

I think obliviousness is the word that you are looking for. If most players fail to notice this, don't you think something should be done about it like maybe a little message in the description letting people know about it?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:36 am

since the dawn of time, man has learned to do things by doing it! I'm sure the first man to see fire didnt think "we can harnass that someday!" He prolly shat himself.

Allow people to learn. I am not going to keep making this game soft, so someone who has never played before can walk in, and be the best at it.

Anyone ever play world of warcraft? (years ago)
It used to be fucking hard! Only good gamers could do the really advanced things. People who had played a lot, been around for a while, and learned how and what to to. I'm sure blizzard got millions of suggestions from people like you saying "maybe you should make it easier for new players to be as good as the pros" and they gave a little with the burning crusade, but, it stil had some things that only pros could do... so everyone was content... Then, wrath came out. They allowed noobs to go into the hardest temples, that the pros had spend months of work trying to get into. It used to take 7 days to level 1-60, blizz thought that was to hard on new players, now it takes 3 days to get to level 80. Epic gear used to be hard to get, from hard bosses, that took a lot of skill and teamwork. Now, noobs, can buy that same gear and never even have to play the game. These noobs are equal to the best players now, because people kept saying "maybe you should make this more noob-friendly"

Sure, they have millions of subscribers, but they shafted all the truly GOOD players, in an attempt to get a larger playerbase, and they took all of the fun and skill out of the game.

I dont care if the playerbase doesnt grow as fast, I will still require players to learn to use things to the best of their abilities. To learn what can be combined, what tricks you can do, and other things to give you a slight edge over your opponents.
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:48 pm

its sometimes a fine line with games. Making it so newer players are able to play, not just the elites. Yet not crossing the spectrum into everyone being pro, taking the challenge of the game away. IMO Making a game easy to learn and hard to master is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
chehong
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 7:59 pm

I have a suggestion about item skills, I have been bad at controling the number pad on my computer because my left hand controls the left side of key board while my right hand controlling the the mouse, So I was thinking why dont we have keys for inventory spaces as well, like
8 to q
7 to a
5 to w
4 to s
2 to e
1 to d
like that if we can because that would make it a lot easier for that 30 hp regret death... haha

And another suggestion about the learning hero skills. It was awesome to have Z,X,C,V as skills but O is for adding which is at the "O"ther side of key b"O"ard I was thinking can we change that shortcut key to some keys in left hand typing space? like "f" key,
and I was wondering if we could change the skill selection after we pressed "o" key so it would be Z,X,C,V -same as when we use the skills.

Ps: please dont flame me if you cant make these changes, i mean i just want it in a way that would help people getting better at this game, and I know the editor had a lot of balancing stuff to adjust i just wanna see people's reactions to these changes Ty:) for reading
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring   Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring Empty

Back to top Go down

Spell Immune on Super Sonic Ring
Page 1 of 1