Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapNew edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 I_voting_barNew edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapNew edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 I_voting_barNew edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)

Go down 
+4
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Wrathtoruin
Glorn2
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 pm

After about a week I'd say the average game varies between 300-1000 exp depending on leavers. Ganking builds are a lot weaker in this version due to the ultimate's malfunctioning and the instant heal at the door. You have about 10-20 seconds to kill them before they get home drop about 5 seconds if they have endurance add 5 seconds if you got frost. It literally isn't even worth it to chase them any more unless you got clap + poison. Your best shot at a successful gank that doesn't kill them instantly from the first nuke is when they venture out to their second spawns.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Another loss of gank power is the teleport home function by running into oppenents base.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 pm

orimis, does this problem persist in the new versions? i know it happened for team 2 only, in like, old versions. but to my knowledge it has been fixed for a while.

Ultimates are fixed in the new version; just not on the bot. The healing is the same as it was before; in terms of range. the difference is that players can now get closer to their opponents base before being teleported back. I cut out some of the ridges leading into the bases. Do you think it would be better if I moved the bases back a tiny bit? towards the flags behind them? That is about all I could do to increase the distance. Right now; the distance to the various spawns is less than 5% to any spawn; from the base. I attempted to keep the general map setup as similar as possible to the older versions (final edit)

Do you feel that 300-1000 exp per game is too much? compared to the old ratios; yes it is. however, when compared to your what; 200,000 exp; a player is still ~350 winning games from catching up to you. For the average player, that is about a years worth of playing well.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 pm

I'm not worried about that so much but rather player imitating other bad players. For example I had level 28 player who grasp the idea of creeping but didn't grasp the idea of sharing. I really wouldn't want to see 30+ players going power farmers to continuously steal their own allies potential farm instead of their opponents every single game.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Glorn2 wrote:
orimis, does this problem persist in the new versions? i know it happened for team 2 only, in like, old versions. but to my knowledge it has been fixed for a while.

It does in 1.15 at least for the east team I am not sure about west team.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:56 am

What do you think about a low ranged low stat gain fast cast str unit?

Also i was thinking about the yiff arena ice barrier glitch i think you should expand the slow aura to the entire area and give it a progressive slow (well if it is possible if not about mid game upgrade the shield) then in each of the other arenas give a different special affect so it kind of throws a spin on the duels. For example and arena could have a weak constitution effect on all inside while another arena has magekiller aura (maybe equivalent auras if you are afraid of complete destruction of a build, but I don't think i would mind tossing that curve ball in there so people will have to adapt to not being to use their strongest traits and still winning duels) another possible affect could be like a degen aura or armor reduction. I know it is kind of a large change to the basic system and there will be a bunch of opposition at first while people learn how to overcome and adapt. If there is too much opposition perhaps considering making it a separate mode.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 pm

I heard you were adding cyclone will that be an ability you could cast on allies too? If so that would be kind of awesome. However I can understand if it doesn't because it might prove to be an op hibernate sub.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:57 am

It may only target enemy units. It is similar to hibernate; but targets enemy units rather than allies. The skill is about equal to hex; in durations. The cooldown is much lower, and the mana cost is moderate.

It is about 25% worse than "sleep" with a higher mana cost.

When I get to heroes; I will figure out a way to add a fast casting str hero.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm

A little off topic but i see ent has a score system on several of the bots like legion, dota, footies and such is there anyway we could get them to do a score system for cha... well maybe not it might lead to team stacking and votekicking in the lobby but it is a thought.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm not entirely sure how that's done. I mean an easy win/lose elo (like chess) can be done easily. Anything else like average creeps/heroes/deny/experience per game would likely require a map change or something to allow for such a stat to be kept via internet achive. I know it sounds weird but I've heard of such things being done for footy to allow for stat keeping.

Edit: Alright after looking up the subject looks like my statement above is wrong. What allows for such stat keeping w/l and elo score keeping is a program called wc3mmd. Unfortunately this said program is known to cause several errors to occur including dsync diconnections. You can probably find ways around these errors through scripting with play testing. However wc3mmd is not available for GUI the script glorn uses its only for JAZZ.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Hmm new ulti thought came from glitch in 1.22 an ulti that increases your base stats by say 2% percent and increases and cd decreases with each level. This skill will add alot of variety to byo build plus bring manuals into the game a bit earlier. With the right percentages it could be balanced fairly well against the advantage items give. I think total stat growth would need to be close to bonus stats level 15 by level 30 (depending on model and how stats are used.)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 pm

That thought overlooks the concept of stat tomes. It would either be OP taking tomes into account, or worthless without them. It would be a 100% dependent skill, and as such, I feel it is not the type of skill in a game that is all about being flexible.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 am

ok maybe extend the BYO mode and make levels give you wood you can use to buy your own stats and an ultimate that gives you wood upon cast that you can use to buy tomes.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 pm

What use would that ultimate have in anything that isn't byo? I saw an interesting ultimate on the hive which made an image of the opposing hero. Actually a trail of images or something and from what I seen in the test map any aoe would make a running hero take up to 10 x more damage. Basically creates an immobile image that makes the hero takes any damage it receives. I think it was called Soul Extract or something. I think if there was a way to make it be 1 image and the hero recieves 15/25/35/45/55% Lasting 10 seconds. Only problem would be those instant image destroyers and how they react with a skill like this.
Back to top Go down
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:39 am

Exactly an ulti for just byo or just make the shop permanent.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Any one remember the old active from Eternal Set? Basically a long time ago it used to have an active channel that worked like slow ward and terrify. The reason I bring this up is I think it make a pretty decent support ultimate.

Edit: Here we go just check out the numbers 1500 aoe, 50% as/ms slow, reduced their damage by 40%, channel for 20 seconds. I think that would be a good starting point maybe slash 10% off the slow and reduce the damage reduction to 25% and work up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)   New edit of CHA (Need thoughts) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New edit of CHA (Need thoughts)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3