Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Mild Game Changer Next Edit I_vote_lcapMild Game Changer Next Edit I_voting_barMild Game Changer Next Edit I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Mild Game Changer Next Edit I_vote_lcapMild Game Changer Next Edit I_voting_barMild Game Changer Next Edit I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Mild Game Changer Next Edit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Mild Game Changer Next Edit Empty
PostSubject: Mild Game Changer Next Edit   Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 am

So, what I did was give all heroes starting mana.

Background:
Heroes start with a base of ~200 HP now. It used to be 100. When I upgraded it to 200, to allow for an easier early game, I realized that it was a nerf to early game strength heroes. A STR hero with 500 HP from strength, vs an int hero with 250 HP from strength. That STR hero can take 100% more damage. Give them both 200 HP, making it 700 vs 450, and it is down to about 65%. A pretty big gap if you ask me.

Sooo, I gave all heroes in the game, 50 starting mana. This includes int heroes of course. The general idea here is that a lot of heroes need to go a full int item build early, just to farm. Even most int users go a pure int item build early.

Only downside that comes to mind is that INT users are lacking in the late game, in many cases. Nerfing their comparative early game farm is also nerfing their late game, which is based on their early farm in many cases. So, I lowered int BAT by .1. Int is generally the last class to hit max attack speed, has the lowest armor, and lowest HP later game.

This will be tested on the bots for a while, to see how well it works; it is something I can easily undo if it messes up the game.

Anyone got questions, comments, or foresights?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Mild Game Changer Next Edit   Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: Mild Game Changer Next Edit   Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:02 am

Eh, I don't know. I guess so...
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Mild Game Changer Next Edit   Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 7:16 pm

ive always seen agi with the lowest hp when using optimal item builds, so in terms of survivability i think int and agi are even for alot of the game, agi just edges them out on dmg, i think this change is going to result in alot of int heros farming better then everyone and have a better late game then most heros cept for str heros with 2.2 or lower BATs and / or higher then 2.0 agility gains
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Mild Game Changer Next Edit   Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 pm

^^ I concur with the nub above me.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Mild Game Changer Next Edit   Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:41 am

I was thinking about that as well. The difference being, that giving an int hero with 400 mana, 50 more mana, is a 12.5% increase. Giving an agility hero with 100 mana, 50 mana, is a 50% increase. Agility can still rely on its stronger auto attacks to help farm, but it will also be able to get a few more casts off.

In terms of the DPS thingy; I play a lot of int, and play against a lot of int users. They dont reach max attack speed until level 34-36. 800 agility is hard to get on int. Personally, I have resorted to getting swords every game, for the 50%. .1 BAT is about a 4.5% damage increase at max attack speed. Only a 2.25% at 400 AGI worth of attack speed. I dont think the BAT change is gonna do much; especially since when this edit came out, I lowered everyones BAT by .1, and a lot of agi and str heroes got .2 or even .25 reductions. Most str units are below 2.2, a lot of agi units are 2.2 or lower (ranged are 2.3, 2.4). Though this isnt really what worries me.

The int gain in the beginning, I have the same fears as you guys; which is why it is something I can undo in 10 minutes if it becomes a problem. Do either of you guys see the potential here though? When you whip out an agi user with lowish int, whom you would usually think "maybe I can use frenzy, or a 2 point tents" and instead can use shockwave, an off leveled flamestrike, or simply start with an agi set rather than tiara... I think it offers decent potential and variety to the non-int users.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Mild Game Changer Next Edit   Mild Game Changer Next Edit EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:15 pm

I see the potential and would be happy to test it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mild Game Changer Next Edit   Mild Game Changer Next Edit Empty

Back to top Go down

Mild Game Changer Next Edit
Page 1 of 1