Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Spiked armor/damage return EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Spiked armor/damage return EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Spiked armor/damage return EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Spiked armor/damage return EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Spiked armor/damage return EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Spiked armor/damage return EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Spiked armor/damage return EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Spiked armor/damage return EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Spiked armor/damage return EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Spiked armor/damage return I_vote_lcapSpiked armor/damage return I_voting_barSpiked armor/damage return I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Spiked armor/damage return I_vote_lcapSpiked armor/damage return I_voting_barSpiked armor/damage return I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Spiked armor/damage return

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Spiked armor/damage return Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:19 pm

You know something the burden of proof is up to me then isnt it?

Heres proof one Spikes and Helms or atleast more then one helm stack.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmomogltw35 go to there download the replay. I didnt attack the right archon there. You can plainly see the damage return stacks and not with diminished returns but directly.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mzmxwaale1m go there to download the replay. Look very closely at the magnatars (mags are magic immune) I had the cheat whosyourdaddy noticed how I have both Helm and Spikes if it was pure they would die but they didnt which proves the damage type is magic.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 3:41 pm

wow, i guess you are the winner than, congrats.

you also proved that spikes isnt OP, because spell reduction can easily counter it.

I will lower the return on helm to 7% though.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 4:10 pm

WOWWWWW, WOW, WOW, WOW

So, I opened up helm of the war god, for the first time since I got the map, and guess what..

15%!!!

Yes, it is set to 15%. Which means, at least as far back as supreme B, helm of the war god has been 15% damage return.

While watching the replay, i realized, the spiked damage was adding up to more damage return than he actually had.. and sure enough, this is why.

fixing, and I'm gonna check out a few of the other older items that I've never taken the time to look at.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Yay I inadvertantly discovered an imba.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:22 pm

You know what this means for damage reduction don't you? Since it doesn't counter damage return it basically sucks. I think damage reduction for all skills and items should be doubled. Doubling it might not even be enough. It might need to even be tripled!

So whats the conclusion? Do spikes and multiple helms damage return stack?

Hey, why can't I split the topic for this? I was going to until i figured out I could only reply on this. This information about damage return and damage reduction deserves its own topic so that this handy information is easy to locate.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 12:36 am

Did you watch the replay? The answer is yes and they stack fully. Meaning 12+15=27%+15%=42% Damage Returned back. I'm not too sure but I think damage blocks are mainly a physical thing, as most heros deal more damage then 75-200 I'm sure this is the kind of thing made for creeping. I don't think they need to be tripled that would be absurd, Damage block is counted first (this I know for sure). So lets say they deal 800 damage and you have Immortals Armor, it will subtract 200 from 800 and then the armors damage reduction will kick in further lowering the damage to be about 120 being dealt. Im assuming Immortals will give atleast 80% damage reduction.

800-200
600 reduced by 80%
600-480=120
So as you can see damage block does play a significant role. Of course Im not much for this mathcraft so my figures may be way off.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Ok well it still looks like damage reduction would need to be higher on everything. It was originally assumed that damage reduction is what you got to counter damage return after all.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:30 am

I'm not sure what game you play now, but damage reduction is fine...
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:47 pm

I suppose. As long as its intended for creeping and not pvp where players easily get over 1200 dmg. Maybe the cost on some of the damage reduction items should be decreased? Since it doesn't counter dmg return, items that have dmg reduction are not as useful as we thought they were. Up to you.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:53 pm

damage returns only really affects melee heroes, hitting opponents with spikes, or a helm of the war god..

the main function of damage reduction has always been for.. damage reduction... reducing the damage you take, without only stacking +armor... It was never intended as a counter to spikes, if it did counter it, that would be cool, and useful, but that wasnt why i added it into the game...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spiked armor/damage return   Spiked armor/damage return Empty

Back to top Go down

Spiked armor/damage return
Page 1 of 1