Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Magic Damage EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Magic Damage EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Magic Damage EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Magic Damage EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Magic Damage EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Magic Damage EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Magic Damage EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Magic Damage EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Magic Damage EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Magic Damage I_vote_lcapMagic Damage I_voting_barMagic Damage I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Magic Damage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:44 am

Ok so I read through the crit master description just now and didn't find my answer so I will go ahead and ask it. Basically what damage does critmaster take into account? i thought it was basically everything, items, attributes, etc. Today I randomly tried adding the Magic Damage skill onto a crit master skill and it did not appear to be affecting the crits at all. So my question is, is the Magic Damage skill still working and just not increasing the crits, or does the crit master override it. And also if both of these skills override orb effects and one is 100% of the time and the other is 90% of the time, there's basically no point to getting an orb except for maybe the damage, correct? And on a side note, would the attribute bonus skill increase the crits on crit master? what about pulverize, is this an orb effect and thereby nullified by these skills also??
sorry this is probably obvious but...ya
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:08 am

Okay did you read my topic in How to use each skill Crit Master. The answers fairly obvious it only adds the +damage and no extra damage from other skills such as Pulverize and Magic Enhance Attack.

On melee Crits and Bashes are completly independent of each other. Bashes will not raise the crit damage however you will still do the damage.
Say you crit for 800 damage and nail a 150 damage bash. Your damage will be 800+150 for that particular instance. Melee Bashes are counted as magic damage. The crit will not show the damage from bash. Melee Crit master and Magic Enhance Attack DO NOT OVERRIDE ORBS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! On a melee hero you could truly go the build of Pulverize, Magic Enhance Attack and Crit Master and Reap all the benefits as well as pick up orbs. Range cant do that.

Now on Range yes orbs are fairly useless except for Lifesteal it is the only orb that works. On the skill the last achieved skill overrides the other. If you level enhance first and crit master second any time crit procs it overrides Magic Enhance Attack. If you dont put a single point into magic enhance attack until after you level Crit master any time it procs it will override crit Master.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:23 pm

ok so i did read ur post which i pretty much said at the very beginning of my post, so thanks for reading? whatever, ok so if the last leveled skill is what procs and these skills both proc every time for all intents and purposes there really isnt much point in having both as you'd only be getting the benefit of 1, 90% of the time.

Also, the text on magic enhanced attacks, last line, says 'over-rides orb affects when it procs,' so either that is incorrect or you are incorrect.

As far as crit master overriding orb effects, i must have just mis-understood your writeup. Anyways thanks for sort of clarifying...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:39 pm

it over rides the magic affect on orbs, which is true. If you have a frost orb and hit them with a proc, it will not slow them. You will always have the orb of range ability and the damage. Along with splash from fire. However, when you proc the magic part will not go through. This really doesn't affect much, because with a 6 second duration on slow, you only need to not proc once every 6 seconds to keep the slow up.

I am almost positive I have witnessed this both on ranged and on melee hits. Like when you pop outta wind walk to hit someone, your orb affect will not go off on that opening strike. Same kinda thing.

But, your are correct, combining crit master and magic attacks is possibly the stupidest thing you can do.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:47 pm

oh idk about the stupidest...im sure i can top it. but it seemed like a good idea at the time...oh well, back to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Well sadly Im not wrong I did play test this stuff to double check and it still works further more wind walk and melee will still do the orb effect. The text is only half right because its only ture for range heros. If you dont beleive me try it out for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 am

i must have tested it with a ranged hero...

but you know how idiotic CHA players are at times... IF i dont put the disclaimer on there... people will complain. and i cant just copy/paste the mechanics of bash/crit onto all the skills.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:28 am

well i would not consider myself idiotic, but seeing as how i didnt know about the whole fire/lightning conflict...apparently i am. also u misspelled hero on the skill
Back to top Go down
Dameon
Nooblet
Nooblet

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:24 am

verti89 wrote:
well i would not consider myself idiotic, but seeing as how i didnt know about the whole fire/lightning conflict...apparently i am. also u misspelled hero on the skill

There is a big defrence between being ignorent and being idiotic, you shouldn't put your self down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magic Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Damage   Magic Damage Empty

Back to top Go down

Magic Damage
Page 1 of 1