Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Farming Skills EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Farming Skills EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Farming Skills EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Farming Skills EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Farming Skills EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Farming Skills EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Farming Skills EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Farming Skills EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Farming Skills EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Farming Skills I_vote_lcapFarming Skills I_voting_barFarming Skills I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Farming Skills

Go down 
+2
imsofattest
Wrathtoruin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Whats Good for farming in 3.0
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm new to the forum and I'm just wondering what other people take on the skills are I used skeleton army in 2.1. But in 3.0 it has been weakened (which it needed to be it was a bit rigged before in early mid game). So now i am looking for new farming skills in 3.0 Right now.I'm Using Guardian Ward replace Skeleton Army But I would be grateful if someone has any takes on other skills misc or otherwise.

THanks
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:33 am

ok first if thats you in ur pic, get a haircut =p

and as for farming skills try death pulse(int) or pulverize(agility, str) on melee, chain lightning, acid rain, magic barrage, carrion beetles, tentacles, flame strike, fire ward, breath of fire, frost fall(pretty much any offensive that hits multiple targets if im missing any), parasites, watery defenders for ranged.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Alright I get the idea the only thing I can think of that you forgot is flame strike that owns for farming I just tried it.But yet again It can be used for pvp as well.That's really what I want versatile skills like Skeleton Army that you can use as meat shields for farming or to trap someone pvp.Off the top of my head there's also Guardian Ward that is extra damage and buffs that can also be used for both.That and Bone Wall that can be used as a barrier or yet again as a trap in pvp of course that's only good if your ranged.With skill like these you create a more versatile build so you can focus on leveling fewer skills more quickly.

Am I right ?
please correct me if I'm not I appreciate the input.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:31 pm

well if you really want to get in depth with builds, read some of the skill descriptions made by glorn or konyiu or me and then devlop a strategy for your build instead of just throwing a bunch of versatile skills together
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 7:44 pm

(This Post has nothing to do with farming skills)

Oh I didn't mean to say that you should throw versatile skills together to make a build.I meant that rather using them to get more out of your build.When trying to make a build generally you want your skill to stack right (if they are passive to being with).That and you don't want too many high mana cost skills you cant always use.Say you would try to make a pvp build with say Storm Bolt,Hex,Poison Strike,and Doom Roots.On Dark Ranger I might be wrong here but her mana without a boost can't use all those skills by duel.(if you have your Ultimate.. Storm Bolt and Hex might be doable)So You would want to say swap Either Storm bolt for Death Strike or Hex for Combat Mastery so you have mana to use one skill and Roots.(hopefully to keep them useless until you kill them) Smile
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:32 am

That build combo you suggest is actually awful...

why? Light orb or stone orb is the only that that works with poison. what else do they do? PURGEEEE! You will purge your own hex, and you will purge you own roots. On top of that, your farming is limited. so you cant farm, and you counter your own build.

We generally throw together skills that compliment each other. Like, Wind walk and parasite. Soul burn and... anything! Evasion and mana shield, summons and auras. The list goes on.

items are as important as skills, so make sure you have an item build that works with your skill build.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: skills   Farming Skills EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:55 am

I'm sorry I was just using that as an example I have never used either of those builds I was just trying to get the point of mana cost across aura and summons would have been a much better example.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Revised Build   Farming Skills EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Now that I think of it you could not be more right I Tried that build and well
(it blows ) But for what I was trying to do Flame Strike with Wind Walk Parasite and either Doom Roots or Wrath of Fire works much better.Thanks
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:48 pm

Personally I would just replace 2 skills in the above build.

Replace Wind Walk with Either Hex or Stun Feild

Replace Your Ultimate with Mana Sheild.
Back to top Go down
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 pm

If he replaces his ultimate with mana shield the effective strategies with the build will be drastically changed... I think his main objective was to learn more about effective creeping skills, not to have us create a new build for him. What he suggested was not a crippled build that needed reworking, just a different one, which would be played differently. If he wants to know about builds that might be generally more effective, he'll ask, but for now it looks as though he's getting more experience with the creeping skills, and that's good, right?
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: The Build   Farming Skills EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:46 pm

The build is not my main but it is effective long as you coordinate your team in duel.Wind Walk is necessary for ganking in the fact that it gives you a sneak attack you could use invisibility instead as for and that would free up your defensive skill so you could get more stun.But I really like the speed from Wind Walk.The whole point of the build is its a Nuker if yo replace the Ultimate with Mana Shield yes it would give you more defense, But you lose your primary stun and AOE.The nice part about Wrath of Hell is you can use it for farming or pvp.Using it in combo with flame strike you can kill an entire team in the first duel (if used correctly).If it doesn't kill them it certainly softens them up.Otherwise it dose lack stun for gank but if you pin your enemy by blocking the path to his base you will get him that and you have parasite doing a good amount of DPS later in the game.But Now If you but if you did switch out Wind Walk for Stun Field and Parasite for Invisibility Then you might be able to get away with switching out Wrath of Hell for Mana Shield. (but i haven't tried it)

(The biggest weakness this build has is Avatar.)
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:29 am

I just suggested those things because he has too many must put many points into for the skill to be good in his build.

Obviusly the skill hes not leveling is wind walk (strangely though it still damages avatar) In which case hes maybe putting just 1 or 2 or 3 points and leveling the other skills instead. All Im saying is with a build like that he could simply pick up a hero with the sprint ability and have roughly the exact same result while freeing up a skill to use for perhaps late game just incase it happens. Keep in Mind that the item that gives +125 Intell also gives wind walk.

He needs a high surplus of mana to even pull of a build like that, mean while once mid-late game rolls around all his nukes are kind of useless because by then his normal attack should be out doing them. So what to do with all that mana now? Spam spells that do less damage then your own attack?

Team Work is a nice thing but you do have to take into consideration that because of the nature of the players most games that start as 3v3 or 4v4 end up becoming 4v1, 3v1,2v1 or 1v1 towards the end of the game. Its a nice build but if you run into one opposing player who is good and willing to stay you will lose.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:58 am

Quick question.If you had to pick one misc skill and one misc skill only to farm what would it be.For a build with a moderate amount of mana.I'm going to say acid rain but I would like other opinuons
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:17 am

acid rain, fuck other opinions
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:35 am

honestly it depends on what you like, and the modes selected. for extreme creeps, acid rain no questions asked. for fast and normal though i find that goblins can actually be very effective mid game and about as effective as acid rain early. skeletons are probably still the best overall early game skill but they seem to have lost their magic touch later on. another thing to think of is acid rain is one of those skills you want to run up to a spawn, use it, kill everything, and run away. so if your using a slow hero this might just be the worst farming skill in the game for u since it has just about no pvp value and you will be main leveling it and probably still a lower level than your opponent. on slower, stronger heros such as the mountain king i actually managed to keep up with an int dpulser using guardian ward, and obviously getting much better pvp from it. magic enhanced attacks believe it or not is actually a great farming skill i consistently get to level 8 using it everytime i do. some people have success with immolation and some dont, once again id recommend it on slower more powerful heros that can take more of a beating waiting for the skill to kill everything. thats all i ever use, ive heard you can use parasites but you would need a nasty ammount of mana to pull that off since it starts a 55 mana per cast.
well, you wanted options, you got em Razz
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:38 am

OK just making sure im on the right track.I'm making a new build that's either gonna be strength based using crit mastery most likely not sure yet.Misc was the only skill slot for farming
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:07 am

str build... for farming, pulverize!
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:02 pm

wanna play a game against my melee STR farming build? wink wink, nudge nudge?

Pulverize and guardian ward; keep just enough mana to cast a ward early on; and get a shit ton of agility and STR. Minor damage. With this build, it is a good idea to make some power gauntlets; or even avengers mail! You dont even need that much armor; maybe just an imbued mail, and you can upgrade to spiked gauntlets for more damage! Then go for a ring!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Farming Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming Skills   Farming Skills Empty

Back to top Go down

Farming Skills
Page 1 of 1