Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Cleanin' house! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Cleanin' house! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Cleanin' house! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Cleanin' house! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Cleanin' house! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Cleanin' house! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Cleanin' house! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Cleanin' house! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Cleanin' house! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Cleanin' house! I_vote_lcapCleanin' house! I_voting_barCleanin' house! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Cleanin' house! I_vote_lcapCleanin' house! I_voting_barCleanin' house! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Cleanin' house!

Go down 
+8
Pissonmyhands
jarjar
imsofattest
didnotmeanto
Glorn2
yiff_fox
sami_gurl
verti89
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:32 pm

Alright people, here is the deal. A couple of months ago chao was booming, so much so, that we created a sister clan (clan cha0) in order to handle the overflow. Since that time there has been a lot of turnaround (new people coming, old people leaving) and the face of the clan has changed a ton. Some of the changes have been good, and some not. My goal has always, and will always, be to make the clan the best it can be. Not in terms of just skill, but as a community. A place where people who enjoy playing cha can find good competition, get better, help others get better, and of course, goof off. Obviously different people are going to have different views on what the best mix of those aforementioned things is, but my theory is to aim for the middle and keep the most people happy. With that said there are going to be some changes. Also before I go any further, DO NOT bother asking me, glorn, or any shamans who or what caused this, because 1. it doesn't matter, and 2. you are all on a need to know basis. And please don't take anything that is said personal, the changes are happening because a lot of stuff has been going on that I probably should have put an end to sooner so don't take offense or anything and no one is in 'chao trouble'... yet.

First off, Glorn will be re-merging cha0 with chao which means a shuffle at the top. Nigg and Yiff will be replaced by Glorn and Accursed. Glorn and I will rotate chiefing as we feel like it, and chao_imsofatest and sami_gurl will retain their spots for the time being. There will be one spot available to the 'best' player, and right now that spot belongs to fatest. No challenges are allowed of that spot for the time being until we get our stuff straight because just being the best is not enough if you are causing problems or not active enough.

Secondly, in order to form a more perfect union (quite cheesy, i know), I am establishing rules that will be followed or you will be kicked. The shamans will all be understanding of these rules and be expected to follow them themselves as well as punish/promote accordingly. (on a side note there are a couple bots, and more aliases than anyone knows, so don't say anything you wouldn't in front of everyone because you never know who you might be talking to)

1. Joining - what we are looking for here is more willingness to learn than already aquired skill. If a player is trying and listening they are welcome. IF the clan is getting close to capacity again, a stricter rule will be applied in regards to skill.

2. Behavior - the clan is more about community than going out and winning tournaments with our amazing full-clan skills, attitude is at least, if not more, important than skill, so...

In-Game - try to be helpful if they suck, try to be humble if they are owning you. Dont start talking a bunch of crap if they suck. If they start talking trash feel free to retaliate but when they stop, you stop. If you are just getting overly pissed and must rage quit, PLEASE don't name drop or call their strategy gay right before doing so. This not only makes you look bad, it makes the clan look lame, if you have to leave just leave.

In-Channel - the channel is there for 2 reasons. BSing with friends and legit cha conversation. Legit conversation is more important, so when it is happening between several people (if its just 2 of you...get a room) then dont flood the room while they are trying to talk. If ANYONE comes in the channel asking to get a game going, let them try, don't flood, don't be an ass, if your in then say so if not, then just chill for a minute. If someone comes into the channel asking how to join clan, tell them, and if a tester is there they need to be tested then if the testee wants to. Yes the channel is a place to have fun, but not at the expense of valid cha conversation.

These rules are now considered established, and if you are unable to play along with them you will be warned and then you will be kicked. The past doesn't matter, we are solely going from this day forward so if you know you been a punk change ur tune or change ur clan. Also if you have anything against any of these rules, feel free to PM me about it and I am always happy to explain myself. If you get kicked, your kicked, don't bother trying to say you didnt deserve it. If you were kicked due to inactivity and want back in you will be given a chance.

****Glorns Additions****
We came up with these rules together, and will be running this clan together. Cha0 will join up once chao is more in-shape. You are allowed to join clan CHA or form your own clan if you dont like the changes that are going to be made. In the future, we may actually have to split again, but hopefully not, as we have plans for over-population. As with all the new rules.. well... old rules being enforced again... There will be some better awards. Maybe some working tournies? *crosses fingers* there will be some other forms of ongoing competition, as well as peon-training. With these changes, even if the clan gets smaller, it will be much more active. Best wishes to all!
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:35 pm

good luck surviving erryone =p
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:26 am

lol, looks like im loseing my spot
o well, my own fault for not being active lately
glad to see glorn coming back to chao

as to the joining itself just wondering is there less ppl who want to join now or are we just getting stricter we split to deal /w the nubmers problem will that come back if we do form one clan again? or is that completely not an problem anymore?

or did u address that already and im just missing it (i have been known to miss things right in front of me from time to time)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:42 pm

well, around the time I left chao, a lot of the other `good people` who kind of kept chao afloat left, or went inactive. And by that I mean, 2/3rd of the people who kept chao afloat were gone. The peons kind of took over for a while; forcing more good players out, and making invites more desperate, and based on skill not attitude. Over a short period of time, chao became a very rude place, with a lot of `trash talking pubs` and a lot of people who came to the channel would be trash talked to. In fact, the CHA community had grown a lot in this time, and chao had shrunk. A lot of people didnt like it; and pubs would talk shit about the members.

Our goal with recombining is that with the members from CHA0 who are mostly `higher class` as far as maturity, and assets to a clan (again, no offense to chao) that in chao, it will help to bring back that ratio we used to have.

Overall, our goal is to get back to where we were over the summer, and when we hit the member cap again, we can thin the herd.

And yiff, you can still get your shaman spot back. No shaman spot is set in stone; if someone becomes inactive, or you show a lot of ambition and hard work, then you get shaman. this goes for anyone else out there hoping to get shaman.

Any shaman in danger of losing their spot will be warned in advance, and given an opportunity to repent before losing their position.

shaman spots will not be based entirely on skill, because I`m sure people like imso, get tired of being challenged 23 times a day by the same 8 people.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:28 am

Alright, my input. Just because Verti hasnt been on recently, does NOT mean this doesnt apply. Since this was posted, its gotten worse. I am really tired of it now. I'm gonna start using my power to kick people because, honestly, this shit is ridiculous. Seriously, It isnt funny to act like you are 12 and spam the channel with pointless shit all day. So I'm going to do my part to make it a less annoying, more accessible place for people who want to find games to join.

Again, you get a warning, if you dont stop, you get kicked. If you get kicked, you earned the kick. period. there is no bitching at other shammys or to vert to let you back in, its really easy to squelch annoying people.

Thats it. You have been warned. Chill out in the channel and in games with spam and pointless shit, or you wont be in the channel anymore. very simple rules. follow them.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:24 am

Way to go Sami Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

scratch scratch So I take it with these rules Im never welcome back again?

study study study Doesnt say any thing about previous offenders.

Question Am I annoying Question

Okay Im done messing around here I think what you guys are attempting to do here is great and hopefully you will do what your saying instead of blowing smoke up peoples asses and then just picking one person to kick out as an example. The example one doesnt work. Doing what you say does.

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:28 am

Hey, have you ever known me NOT to kick people out of the clan? :p

I've kicked maybe 100 people outta the clan in my day... most were inactivity kicks.. but still ^_^

My idea, and what I still wouldnt mind doing; is kicking EVERYONE except those who we know aren't gonna be a problem. then anyone else would have to work their way back in.

This clan is just too skill based. And as is talked about elsewhere on this forum; it is easy to copy/paste a build off of here and do decent in a test match. then people turn out to be 11, and they traded their medication for a fruit roll up. ...damn those things are good...
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Im starting to agree more and more with the kick everyone idea. this shits gettin ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:35 pm

well the kick everyone idea seems a little unfair... i mean there are some people who stir trouble up at times but 80% of the people in the clan mind their own business from what i can tell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:43 pm

They kiddies always well behave when being watched by teacher you should see what they do when teacher walks out of the classroom.

LOL Just messing with you.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:16 pm

80% is WAY high. they "behave" when vert is around, and do stupid shit whenever he isnt. they dont take the rest of the shammys serious, mostly because from what they see, shamans dont act any more mature than the rest of the clannies, aside from yiff, who ive never seen bitch like the rest of the clan.. I wont say im not immature at times, but come on... constantly? its fuckin stupid how often people do annoying shit now. I dont even like sitting in channel anymore because all that ever happens are flamewars between people.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:24 pm

ya me and fat were like i thought u guys were gonna clean up the clan because i still saw alot of people in the clan and i thought alot were gonna b kicked but i guess you shams are finaly gonna do it
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:46 pm

Well, when verti first made his post, and updated the clan message saying to behave.. everyone was good... for a while. then verti went on vacation. Everyone is back to their old antics.

I think purging the clan of everyone of whom we aren"t sure is more good than bad isn"t a bad idea. It wouldnt be hard to rejoin; simply prove that you arent immature, or that you can pretend to be mature whenever around the clan. If people can pretend for 2 weeks; I'm sure they can pretend for longer.

Back in the day, people like didnot, jar, and assist were considered our "trouble members" and now; I wish we had more people with that high of standards. Jar has gotten better; but for those who have been around a while, he used to cause some problems :p.

Shaman need to all shape up also. No one takes you seriously because; well... None of you have been serious! You all laugh and joke; which is good. but no one has had to stretch their power arm, other than a banhammer out of channel. So no one has found any negative affects from being obnoxious.

start issuing warning; after a warning, if you feel they havent shaped up; kick them. It's not like the CHA community is tiny or anything... People will still play the game.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:03 pm

haha =p
well i think just kick the people that dont play cha like if you whois them they always playing somthing else but keep the ones that say i know im not good but i want to get better thats why i want to join
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 pm

yeah glorn, thats why i said that shammys arent much better than the rest of them. but im sick of stupid shit constantly, and im gonna start making examples of lots of people who act immature as fuck after a warning. ONE warning, then you lose. period.

unless we decide, which i think we SHOULD, to remove everyone and let them show they arent immature pricks still.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:14 pm

but if u remove all doesnt the clan go bye bye haha jk
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:16 pm

well that was a hilarious joke... but glorny, agree with me because im awesome and right.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 pm

I agree with you that that was a hilarious joke...
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:14 pm

As i ride along thru the middle of nowhere new mexico and west texas i am highly entertained and encouraged by reading this. I thought this might happen when i left and tried to get glorn and accursed switched back to chao but realized there wasn't enough time to get them promoted to shaman before i left, so we ended up waiting. The problem right now is that Sami and fats are basically the only shammy on during peak hours sense nigg and yiff are less than active and kon is freaking asian... So yea sami feel free to kick away. I don't like the idea of clearing out everyone and letting them rejoin because it punishes the majority for the stupidity of a few. I will be back tomorrow night and we can get glorn and accursed started on their 7 days (or any shaman can invite you guys in if they haven't already). Be strict and be consistent and we will get there.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 8:58 pm

we got invited.. sometime this week. idk how long ago. Kon has been quite active lately though. the clan itself has been more active than usual at peek hours; but just the attitude is turning back into "too much bullshit" When sami gets annoyed by it too; you know it is getting outta hand. :p
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:08 am

pisson came back :p
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:56 pm

well i havent been online in 2 days, but i assume its just as annoying as ever right? it needs to change or im gonna make clan Çunt instead of staying and being annoyed in chao all the time =p
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 6:32 pm

im active to =p
Back to top Go down
jesus_and_me
Unranked
Unranked

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:05 pm

i dont want to get kicked but maybe we need two clans, one for the nice guys and one for the good players.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:18 pm

skill can be taught, attitude cant. and if people dont like it they are more than welcome to make their own clan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleanin' house! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleanin' house!   Cleanin' house! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleanin' house!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: News-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com