Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Custom minimap and loading screen? I_vote_lcapCustom minimap and loading screen? I_voting_barCustom minimap and loading screen? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Custom minimap and loading screen? I_vote_lcapCustom minimap and loading screen? I_voting_barCustom minimap and loading screen? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Custom minimap and loading screen?

Go down 
+3
Raker
Batman is Pwn
FuzzyBanana92
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

Custom minimap and loading screen? Empty
PostSubject: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Do you think that you will ever put a custom loading screen, or a custom mini map in the b.net lobby?

I have 3 possible mini maps:

Custom minimap and loading screen? 82122892

Custom minimap and loading screen? 49244523

Custom minimap and loading screen? 62442705
Back to top Go down
Batman is Pwn
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:57 pm

it should be 3 since...2.1 is already out
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 7:26 pm

newest is 3... oops... ill re-do them later tonight, but anyway, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Raker
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:48 pm

i think it's too ``basic``.the black screen dont do it.be more original!a black screen with some picture paste on it...idk if u could do better but it would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:20 pm

i wouldnt mind like a screen shot from a cool angle of a 6v6 game. either way, i like a big fight thing going on, which is why it has the background it has now... custom things like a background, take up map space, adding to the download the download time. I would rather use space to enhance gameplay, rather than adding a neat picture.

the only thing i plan to do with custom models, other than icons, is to add weapons and armor stuff, so when you get the item, it will appear on your hero. there would be a lot of duplicate items and such, but i would add maybe 50 item models, which would be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:47 pm

How about these three... better than a basic black background

Custom minimap and loading screen? 62095332

Custom minimap and loading screen? 57433275

Custom minimap and loading screen? 45121704

Please tell me what you think... i may make a loading screen and show an in game screen-shot...
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:49 pm

Glorn2 wrote:
the only thing i plan to do with custom models, other than icons, is to add weapons and armor stuff, so when you get the item, it will appear on your hero. there would be a lot of duplicate items and such, but i would add maybe 50 item models, which would be pretty cool.

wouldn't that take up quite a bit of map space? and what about heros that already have a weapon? will the weapon just be in the same hand? (ex. Paladin)
Back to top Go down
Raker
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:21 am

I like the last one but the color of ``custom hero arena`` isnt rly nice.
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 4:38 pm

what do you think the color should be?
Back to top Go down
Raker
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 5:32 pm

maybe a metalic color (darkness to lightness but not too flashy)...with black border or something like this.I dont rly know...play with 2 tone (sry if u dont understand because i speack french n im not bad in english but its hard to find some words)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:22 pm

FuzzyBanana92 wrote:
Glorn2 wrote:

wouldn't that take up quite a bit of map space? and what about heros that already have a weapon? will the weapon just be in the same hand? (ex. Paladin)

you can set them to many attach points. left hand, right hand, center of body, head, above head, feet, and i think there is 1 or 2 more attachment spot.

custom items models like that are like, 15-20 kb each, for normal ones. a custom loading screen of decent resolution is like, 150. the loading screen set up now is a big battle between 2 teams, unless you can really WOW me with a picture, I dont plan to add one. Using 7-8 custom item models would make the GAME a lot more interesting than a pretty picture during a 12 second load time... 30 seconds for people with slow computers.

to add 50 custom item models, which is a LOT (i will prolly only end up finding 35 or so that I actually use) would be 850 kb. that is a lot, considering the map is only like 1250 kb. I will prolly only use 35 or so, considering i can use affects in the game already for armors and other items. 35 = 550-600 kb. OR, I could add 4 custom unit models, and be at 850, or 3 and be over 600.
Back to top Go down
Labmonkey123
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:24 am

As someone that put in a custom loading screen before, I did a lot of work to keep it small. Blizzards .blp format is very good at optimizing its size. If you use a plain black fill, the size of the image will be like 2kb, no matter how big it is. So if you only use up a small amount of space on a big loading screen, you can make something that looks good, and doesn't take up much space.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:31 am

alright, well, how`s this then...

if someone can make a picture that is a good representation of 2 teams of heroes fighting, or rushing into battle, or something of that nature, and keep it under sayyyy... 50 KB in size, then we can have a vote for it.

anyone who wants to enter a picture can, and we will start a poll for the top 5 or whatever. whoever makes the winning one can have their name in the credits. If none of them really appeal to me though, then I will hold off on it. The next edit will be 3.0 and will not be ready for a few months, so you have plenty of time to plan your artwork.
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:34 pm

what size should the image be? 512x512? cause it will look stretched out when imported.

Plus, the image will be blurry from stretching/file size.

To be honest making a loading screen 50kb in size will look bad... imo

EDIT: This is what it looks like in game: Custom minimap and loading screen? 80494647

and: Custom minimap and loading screen? 43990466
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:38 pm

i dont think that resolution is bad at all, for a full screen picture. I like the firt one a lot better than the second one. the whole humans verses humans thing isnt too hot for a game that has no humans in it, but it still looks really cool.

the resolution is nice though, lets see what the rest of the clan thinks.
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:46 pm

Both of the images are 512x512 when you import it...

Top (155kb) BLP format - Click Here to Download
Bottom (204kb) BLP format - Click Here to Download

Also, what would you like to see in a minimap preview? and how big (50kb or less???)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 pm

hmmm, to compromise, say 100 kb. looking for kind of like what you got there, but based more around WC3 heroes (like the ones in the map)

a firey backround would be good too, as the next edit is gonna be a firey terrain. maybe an epic battle between 2 groups of wc3 heroes in the depths of hell? think you can pull all of that into 1 picture?
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:32 pm

i could look for something along the lines of that... and ill try to make it under 100kb
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:14 pm

the best i could do is around 175kb... if anyone knows of a way to compress .blp files, please let me know... Very Happy

EDIT: Done Quickly.... may or may not be to your likening... (211kb yes... fairly large...)

EDIT 2: Removed image... now located in current quality below... Very Happy

Last edited by FuzzyBanana92 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:51 pm

i think that looks pretty good.

would lowering the resolution save a bit of space? that is a pretty high resolution picture. 211 kb is 1/6 of my current map file size!100 kb is the limit. yeh gotta figure out a way to work around that limit.
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 am

Size (108kb) Download blp --> Click Here

Custom minimap and loading screen? 44371068

Hope you like it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:04 am

yah, i like it, it is a little fuzzy, but i expeced it to be. i think the fuzzy to file size ratio is good though, the picture is still very easy to see, while managing a low file size.

Lets see what the rest of the clan thinks, i wont be able to add it until my next edit (late october?) but if there is no opposition by then, I will use this one. Of course I will credit you for it also.
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:08 am

Yay! Thanks... Other question... what about a minimap preview screen?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:40 am

no minimap preview screen. I think the new map looks really cool as a minimap screen though. i really dont like games that have a custom minimap screen. i say `no` to that, if the majority of the clan wishes to over-rule me, then we may add one, but unless that happens, `nay`
Back to top Go down
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 am

well... thats your choice and im not one to change how the owner of the map feels about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom minimap and loading screen?   Custom minimap and loading screen? Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom minimap and loading screen?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next