Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Less of piss and more of me and you I_vote_lcapLess of piss and more of me and you I_voting_barLess of piss and more of me and you I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Less of piss and more of me and you I_vote_lcapLess of piss and more of me and you I_voting_barLess of piss and more of me and you I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Less of piss and more of me and you

Go down 
+4
Mr.Blonde
baneofdeath
Glorn2
Pissonmyhands
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Less of piss and more of me and you Empty
PostSubject: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Dear CHA Community of past present and future,

Hey so I'm not taking a hiatus or anything but I expect only be on for less than an hour each day for the rest of the school year. I'm prepared to take this regiment very seriously as there are other things that I want to do w/ my life that I havent b/c you guys waste too much of my time. I'll make exceptions time wise for people i've promised to train (which I will take more of and am taking more of since I think my roommate is going through the same school problems I am and will probably be unable to make the commitment any further) and maybe weekends but for now I'll be doing most of my CHA-ing in my head. It's kind of a given with the statement above but in summary I'm going to be focused a lot more on passing down what I know to players while improving the finer points in my game. I'll be taking a step away from the ranking system plan that is being implemented and such which I assume will become relatively popular. Finally in regards to CHA, this time cut back from actually playing will allow me more free time to get other things set up for the community that we've always wanted and I've promised but shamefully have not followed through with. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be working on putting together a team of people who are interested in legitly starting a youtube channel. I'm really thinking of going my own separate direction from what we originally planned but rest assured we'll do teasers and compiles for the first few videos. If your interested please PM me your email address, and if possible some form of instant messaging like skype, aim, facebook, ect.

As for reasoning regarding the cutback on actual play time well, I've found a sport again in college (wushu) so I've been committing a lot of time into it. Also finals are coming up this month, and my goal next quarter is to rediscover my asian heritage and get straight A's next quarter. In addition I'll definitely be taking classes in the summer, picking up tennis again, hopefully practicing wushu w/ my "kungfu brother's" master who lives about 30 mins away from where I live (all of which I hope to be doing on a daily basis). I will always devote an hour of day to CHA regardless even if it's just answering questions. For you guys I dont really mind giving out my personal info so long as I know you so pm me if you want my phone number, fb, email, ect (ssn, credit card number, the keys to my house and car too -_-).

Why am I telling you this? Not that I personally think any of you give two hoots or intend to write a novel or even stalk me, but I dont like to disappear without a word. You WILL inevitably see less of me playing and asking to play. People have done it in the past and it just leaves a bad taste in peoples mouthes *(insert bad joke here). The truth behind this post is a little more than just an example on manners though. A lot of you have probably heard this somewhere but I've been watching the CHA community for about 4 1/2 years running and have played over the course of many different versions. Now, no offense to anyone who has taken breaks and come back, but most players tend to take a break and return without consciously building on what they learned from their previous experiences. In this case, when you take a break with the intent of coming back, or decide you want to come back, do your best to recall your past experiences and figure out the true value in them. For instance, I've taken more breaks than a kit-kat addict, but each time (no matter how young I was) I consciously took something from what I had done in the past. I'd have some kind of lesson, experience, trend, story, or improvement that I had made, that I would always take with me as a person and review anytime I decided to play CHA again. In addition, each time I stepped back into the community I got an awesome feeling of starting over again. Now some would call that bad and in some respects it tastes a lot like a big o'l slice of humble pie being shoved down your throat, but on the other hand think about how many times in life you wished you could just start from scratch knowing everything you know now. When you've taken time away from something in the form of a break or hiatus, that is exactly the feeling you should be thinking/feeling when you come back. Personally it's a refreshing feeling and also another reason I like breaks. Despite my love of taking breaks though, you dont have to take a break to experience this as I've found out in the most recent school year. Coming back after a break I've been able to look back totally and bring together a lot if not the majority of the things I learned as a 14 year old starting the game. This is an exercise any player can and should do at any time as a substitute to a break. Though you might find some lessons redundant when you review them again and you wont be able to clear in the same way you would if you took a break, you will always find some amount of worth in looking back at your past self and experiences objectively. (Note: this doesnt have to be instantaneous you can break it up over a month and just take things a chunk at a time)

What inspired this? Now lately I've heard a lot of talk about people saying that this game wont change much else and that players have been "hitting their skill caps ect." In regards to an RTS this is nothing more than a shitty wok full of bullshit. RTS games are always changing and CHA is no exception and the skill ceiling of any player much higher than anyone of us have fathomed or can fathom for that matter. Now for those players out there, who believe that there is no where left for them to go now that they are on top, or have the misguided and deluded mindset to say that they, or players around them, cannot progress any farther I say this to you: you are very wrong and I highly suggest trying some of the things mentioned above. What I'd hope people who try any of these exercises (whether it's taking a small break for a week, a long break (case sensitive really), or even just looking back at your past experiences with CHA) is the ability to understand the game further. People like the ones from the youtube video "the noob effect" can argue that all the starcraft training or basketball practice in the world could help you beat someone who is talented, but that's because these "talented" people train just as hard as you. The thing that sets them apart from the average player can simply be summed up by "it just clicks for them". This "click" is understanding, which from personal experience, is totally obtainable by anyone so long as they are willing to change the way they think for a day or two. I know for a fact that these exercises have been integral to myself as a player in both the mind and micro and I truly hope that they will be a help to anyone else who reads this lil shpeal. Who knows? you might find a better way of doing for yourself? but you wot know if you dont try :p

<3 Piss

PS I'll be on around on vent if anyone has any questions regarding the project listed in the first paragraph
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:40 pm

Piss; can I still dial you from yumiko's skype to hear your asian-ness?!

It is always good to take a break; everyone does it. CHA is, after all, the same game being played over and over and over. you gotta go do other shit to be able to come back and enjoy the game again.

This is why I think it is good that everyone has gotten into TBR. In a week, they all will have beaten it, and be bored of it. Until then, they are doing something very different from CHA; to kinda clear their head of all the mechanics.

Be it Zelda, Wushu, pledging for a Frat, joining a political group at your college, or having sex with your neighbors dog 4 hours a day for a month; having something else to do to "cool down" from CHA is a good thing.

With that said, we all know piss will be back; but lets all say our farewells!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Lol I'm not saying bloody goodbye :p U'll just see less of me thatsall. jee I thought u could read Wink
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Yeah glorn, i'd rather pledge a frat and get hazed for hours then play your dumb buggy imba game. (o wait, i already did that, darn.)

But seriouly, cya when i cya piss.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:44 pm

toooooo bad... i coudln't make it past like 5 lines... that shit is retarded long. but seriously life is life dude, see you on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Joox
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Joox

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:57 pm

God my win percentage is gonna drop go down like a bottle of alcohol in Mikizilla's house, You have made Jooxie a sad sad panda
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:04 pm

bleh i wish the cha community were capable of reading more than 1 liners.
Back to top Go down
pwnage
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:23 pm

if wishes were fishes there would be no room in the river and everything would asphyxiate from lack of oxygen.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:29 pm

if it makes ya feel better piss i read the 1st n 2nd paragraohs half of the third then skiped down to the last few sentances
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Pissonmyhands wrote:
bleh i wish the cha community were capable of reading more than 1 liners.

I could read more then 1 liners but I need pictures to keep me interested other wise I just skim read it. Ever taken a look at your News Paper your front page stories always have a picture to grab your attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Less of piss and more of me and you   Less of piss and more of me and you Empty

Back to top Go down

Less of piss and more of me and you
Page 1 of 1