Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Piss's "DOAKOT" build I_vote_lcapPiss's "DOAKOT" build I_voting_barPiss's "DOAKOT" build I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Piss's "DOAKOT" build I_vote_lcapPiss's "DOAKOT" build I_voting_barPiss's "DOAKOT" build I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Piss's "DOAKOT" build

Go down 
+2
carefulibite
Pissonmyhands
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Piss's "DOAKOT" build Empty
PostSubject: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Format:

A build for the "Defensive and Offensive Antikiters and Kiters Out There". "DOAKOTT" build

*Then, tell us the hero and skills.
Shadow essence
Thunderclap
Cripple [edited reasons given below]
Rejuvenation
Health regen

Main level thunderclap and put points into rejuvenation and slow evenly making room for avatar when available.

*What makes this build work? How do the skills interact with each other? If this part is really short, your build fails.

On high ranged int with a large mana pool this build works exceptionally well. by keeping your mana pool and damage high thunderclap and slow work as both kite skills for your rejuvenation and anti kite skills for your avatar. in addition rejuvenation and avatar negates a purge from abolish magic and damage from skills like mea when put on ranged allowing your health regen and rejuvenation to have maximum effect until they pick up a purge orb. and for both the offensive tier and the defensive tier thunderclap and slow offer the largest amount of move speed reduction. This, coupled with the range of shade and high health regen, with regen and heals, will make you virtually unkiteable while in avatar.

*What are your strengths and weaknesses? how will you overcome your biggest weakness?

This builds largest strengths lie in a couple different areas; early-endgame Kiting, early-endgame anti kiting, aggressive field pvp/pressure, and early bosses. As explained earlier, the slows from both your thunderclap and slow allow for versatile play to the both extremely offensively and extremely defensively throughout the arena. In addition thunderclap and rejuvenation are two skills that thrive exceptionally in the earlygame (ints strongest stage) as low attack speed from early stats and thunderclap will allow you to take little to no damage from players, especially if they attempt to break your kiting as they will have to sacrifice attack for movespeed. Finally, having thunderclap and rejuvenation will allow you to kill bosses relatively early so long as you are keeping your mana pool high enough. . This build does have a few soft counters such as getting stalled or kited by endurance aura or poison and windwalk but on a high ranged hero like shadow essence with two slows these weaknesses can be overcome with a combination of truesight slow and thunderclap. The Achilles heel of this build is mana dependency. moves like mana burn, absorb mana, feedback, or vortex destroy the nearly perfect cycle of slow and healing given to you by your moves. vortex is especially dangerous as it ignores everything and goes through avatar ams ect as well as purges rejuvenation. Since you have the mana pool for thunderclap in the earlygame it comes down to whether you can farm better than someone playing with vortex or mana draining skills, which you should since thunderclap and rejuvenation can keep you farming for long extended periods of time and slow + thunderclap will allow you to inturrupt their farming relatively easily. high mana regen and intelligence through item builds and yes toming int <3 is essential to keeping up a successful rotation of skills and is the reason why this build can really only be played on one attribute.

*How should this build be played?
This build should be played to its strengths as much as possible. if you can support the kiting rotation of thunderclap, slow, and rejuvenation all melee heroes (including timmy) should be easily beaten. cross over and steal the middle creep whenever you can, especially when they are farming in it as disrupting them with your particular set of skills is almost a sure fire way to get them to run back to base or face getting ganked. in addition, with thunderclap and slow, in the arena you should be able to perma kite even low ranged heroes like space orc or archimonde (even if their move speed is higher than yours as the 2 slows combined will easily be enough to keep them kited until you run out of mana or they are dead). with this in mind its ok to play both extremely passively on your own side since you have the late game clutch of kiting against more than half of the heroes in the game, or ultra aggressive since your high regen, heals and mana regen from items will allow you to farm on their side relatively unhindered. Just be wary of stone staff, light axe, or any other mana draining abilities/items that can interrupt your rotation.

*What general item build should be used on this? (note, GENERAL, not a complete list from level 1 to duel 15)

like most builds, this build requires an even balance of certain aspects of its play. for this particular build the two key aspects are mana regen/ mana pool and damage. against players who have a harder time overcoming abilities and spells, the safest/surefire bet is leaning towards mana regen and mana pool size as you will inevitably increase your damage through intelligence, but if you can afford to make room for auto attacking items, you will be able to farm more efficiently, last longer in terms of effectiveness, and take bosses on sooner than normally.

Since you are int, I recommend starting with a glittering tiara and a magic shield. this yields the highest amount of mana per gold spent in the beginning and gives you pretty much everything you need to stay out and farm for the first 2-3 creep spawns. from here i would grab a basic cloak, for the stats and armor before the duel. if you have farmed well enough you should be able to work an extra magic shield into your build for increased auto attacking. with rejuve and regen you can easily get away with grabbing a small health pot and a standard ams if needed. for the most part though after this its just a matter of balancing your mana regen, with your auto attacking. pvp wise cloak of the hidden is great and can tech into staff of the mana goddess which can help you overcome a max/above level 12 vortex. staffs and orbs are also a great option as they give you added health and mana and can lead into stronger spells or kite items later in the game. finally you must have go to item is going to be crown. normally crown would sacrifice damage, but when your build so intensively based around mana as this one getting your crown a min or two earlier will greatly aid you in farming and duels.

In regards to auto attacking and higher damage output, getting elite mystics cloak, cloak of the unseen, theifs mask, ect. are wonderful items that, if you can make room for, you should definitely buy, as they will increase the threat level of your hero while he is avatared in addition to all the wonderful things mentioned earlier. since you are intellegence, getting these items will build your mana pool but will not allow for indefinite kiting until very late in the game.

Like most things in the world, this build requires observation and balance, in regards to item building and play style. learning which balance of items fits your play style best, in conjunction with the situation will allow you to play/ build this build to its optimum effectiveness

*And Lastly:

Make sure you arent just posting build someone else has already done. If your build has many variations, post a few of them. Say "You can swap out this skill for this skill, for this reason" and add in a short write up on why, or for what reasons.

You could say that this build is somewhat similar to the tclap poison avatar as the concept is the same. However this build is slighly safer in regards to fall back plans and weaknesses. the only draw back is that it is much more reliant on spell casting and balancing items correctly. the Yin/soft/casting build to the tclap poison ava's yang.

I've found that a nice variation can be made on 3 different things on this build.

You can play as archmage if you feel that shadow essence's mana pool is not high enough, you can play with slow ward on a team game (though it is more mana intensive than slow the skill), and finally you can interchange your innate ability from health regen to mana regen. while mana regen is a bit on the safer side and will help more with earlier farming and earlier duels, regen synergizes far better with rejuvenation and can easily keep your int hero regening on par with most others, even if they get regen from items.

Edit: talking with glorn on vent, cripple can also be subbed for slow. it will give you a greater edge in the late game against the other classes. I will stills stick to my guns and say that the skill slow is better for kiting and earlier in the game but pulling it off with cripple will make it equally if not more effective in most cases.

well jabronies. this is mah build in a nutshell i guess.

Last edited by Pissonmyhands on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:11 pm

This is a good build for the most part. The only warning I can give you is to keep a watchful eye on the mini map. The major down side to clap farming builds is they start off slow. Once in a while your going to run into guys who want to steal creeps from the start of the game. If you want to prevent that you may consider using bombs. I know a lot of players are against bomb strategies but for the skills like clap bombs are tailor made for it.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Talked to piss on vent, and I will give my suggestions to it here.

Swap out slow for cripple.

Slow as is, on this build; is really lacking. You would only be off-off leveling it, so slow would be very underleveled. Eventually, when they get a purge orb, you will be fully reliant on your defensive. End game, under leveled slow is about equal to having nothing.

In terms of field and duel PVP for kiting or anti kiting; thunderclap will counter a timmy who has a speed set. If for any reason you need a touch more slow, an ice staff and ice shield are amazing at getting results.

Thunderclap is a hard to level with skill... Field pvp will only go as far as "99% sure ganks" and a lot of creep steals. There is no way in hell you should be chasing someone around midfield, casting your entire mana pool away trying to get a kill.

So, with this reasoning... CRIPPLE. Why? It slows attack speed; more than slow does. It also lowers damage. This makes it viable at lower levels mid game, and gets the same results slow would. What is better, is that late game damage reduction skills are the bane of all AGI and STR builds. This is your ace in the hole that will give you any shot at survival past level 30. You will have lifesteal, and they wont. You will have an asston more damage than them, and temp spell immunity.

Vortex of course does a nasty number on this; but.. yeh know... you are int; and that is how it does.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:13 pm

God mana vortex counters just about anything these days save fast farming, passives and lethal combinations of the two.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah; most int builds have to rely heavily on their mana pools; it is the 1 thing they have over all other classes. A STR or AGI who rely on mana too much, can easily be shut down with a stone staff and windwalk. This doesnt work (nearly as well) on int, because they have too much mana and regen.

However, you cannot easily see what your opponent is picking; so you cant just see "ohh, he is int, i need vortex". Making it a much tougher choice of you are going agi or str; to give up an entire skill slot on something like that; especially deensive, which is prolly the best agi/str house.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 pm

yeah. a lot of really creative builds these days are very good, but vortex over them. especially since many builds these days are using offensive and misc being lvled, you can just get vortex as your d as a safeguard vs terraptus, mana sheild, mana intensive spells, summons, buffs, and almost anything. alot of people still get divine as a 1 pointer, but i think its def safer to go vortex if your wary of your opponents skill composition and need a ace in the hole
Back to top Go down
Yetidiah
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:50 pm

i agree venom vortex doesnt need a lot of points to do its job well so its also one of those that lets you level your other skills better
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 pm

I agree vortex is great even with few point into it it works well as a debuff and a drain it just take mutilpe casts to completely drain there mana pool. however also with lower points your isn't depleted so if your running with more mana then they are you may still cast while they cannot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piss's "DOAKOT" build   Piss's "DOAKOT" build Empty

Back to top Go down

Piss's "DOAKOT" build
Page 1 of 1