Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 I_vote_lcapUnique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 I_voting_barUnique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 I_vote_lcapUnique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 I_voting_barUnique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups

Go down 
+16
KOnYiu
Shankz
Ignaciorocks
Pissonmyhands
epicpowda11
stomp2anewbeat
Bromancing_The_Venom
Yetidiah
tuusneegepro
fmdragon
Wrathtoruin
carefulibite
Mr.Blonde
HLWG
Joox
Glorn2
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joox
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Joox

Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Questions If you pick an ability like lets say windwalk but end up not skilling it /using it once within the match can you pick it again?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 pm

no you can't pick it again...
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Shankz is in, parents decided we gona move next yr intead of this yr
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:00 am

dammit this tourny looks awesome!!
=(
(Change it to next month =D)
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
Joox
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Joox

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:50 am

In regards to the pming of builds, I think it would be better if we pmed the builds to a "tourney supervisor" or someone that wasn't participating and had both people pm the builds used that game.

So like at the end of the game, both players state their build, and both players in the match would pm both builds to a single person who isn't in the tourney.

Not saying you are going to cheat or anything glorn just saying that regardless of what skills you pick or if you disregard the information you've seen it is still going to be in the back of your head

Personally I liked the method of everyone sharing their builds each round on the main post, adds a whole other layer to the tourney by trying to craft a strong build out of limited spells that anti-counter the skills your enemy has left in his pool.

Also if people tell what their opponent built to their friends etc after they lose it will be un unfair advantage if everyone doesn't know the builds. And we can't allow observers.
Back to top Go down
yourespondtoi
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:23 am

I would like to try.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:19 pm

I agree with Joox that it should be to someone that it should be someone non-participatory.

On the other hand Jooxy, I wouldn't have had a problem with the posting the builds publically if it was a tournament that consisted of the several of us that have been playing this forever. This isn't meant to sound like a dick, but when running things like these we need to keep our new members and players in mind. The're generally have a hard enough time making it passed the first round or two, if we knew already what we could eliminate from their build it would make it just that much harder for them and easier for us to bend them over...
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:05 pm

Since im randoming in the tourny, and will probably be eliminated first, i could keep track of the builds if its ok with glorn. However, id like to post what everyone used AFTER the tourny is over, so people can see what works against what, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Actually I like that idea of H regulating it because either way he cannot use it to an advantage. Your also active daily so we won't be missing our recorder and judge. And after the tourney post away I just want to make sure this stays fair for people
Back to top Go down
Joox
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Joox

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:58 pm

epicpowda11 wrote:
I agree with Joox that it should be to someone that it should be someone non-participatory.

On the other hand Jooxy, I wouldn't have had a problem with the posting the builds publically if it was a tournament that consisted of the several of us that have been playing this forever. This isn't meant to sound like a dick, but when running things like these we need to keep our new members and players in mind. The're generally have a hard enough time making it passed the first round or two, if we knew already what we could eliminate from their build it would make it just that much harder for them and easier for us to bend them over...

I disagree If I go up against someone who I believe far worse to me I am going to use spells that I normally wouldn't verse a better player. Look at it from Glorn's perspective, even though he is a far superior player, every round he plays every single person is going to throw their absolute best build at him. So in theory even weaker players are able to take down higher tiered players.

Personally I think that lower tier players have an advantage this tournament compared to others so I don't really see the problem with posting especially since the other method causes so many problems.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm

ROFL I always stop by to read these tournie sign ups because I know you guys always get into a debate about nothing. Seriously your putting way too much thought into this its not like your going to have more then 4 rounds and its not that hard to come up with 4 completely different skills builds that accomplish the same goal. Stop speculating all this bull shit every single build you can come up with can spawn another 3 or so following its very basic format.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:05 pm

With a nod to what sharky said...

Sure, H can get PM'd all of the builds.

I have no intent of winning a tourny, nor do I have any reason at all that I should want to. I dont even watch replays from tourny matches to make sure someone isnt lying about their win.

I am not going to take the time to look up every skill my current opponent has used, and then somehow pick a build that could counter a build that cant use those skills.

The quickest possible way to completely counter something was if an opponent has already used feedback, absorb mana, mana flare, mana burn, AMS, avatar, and vortex. Then, I could use spells. You have a dozen farmers to pick from, a lot of anti casters.. a lot of late game passives. Combine all of that with how little I care about what build my opponent is going to pick, and I dont think you have much to worry about.

With that said, I personally have no problem with H getting all the builds PMed to him. I have no problem with everyone posting their builds also. Just trying to make everyone happy so they stop QQing.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Just be sure to send me your build, who you played, and the score. for example...

Space Orc
Frost Fall
Divine Shield
Mana Restore
Life Regen
Starfall

I beat Shankz 8-5
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 pm

HLWG wrote:
Since im randoming in the tourny, and will probably be eliminated first, i could keep track of the builds if its ok with glorn. However, id like to post what everyone used AFTER the tourny is over, so people can see what works against what, etc.

um if u do -random in this and get a skill u picked is that an auto loss? he said he wouldnt make it out of round 1 but i was just wondering how the rules work with this (i wouldnt random either way i hate getting random skills and so many skills are interchangeable for the most part i think remembering what skills i have used so far while im picking will be the hardest thing for this one)... and i wouldnt mind knowing how this works if i dont remember / pick in time

edit:: i would like to participate if i can sry probably should have opened /w that
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Randomed skills dont count. So i can random frostfall, and random it again, since im not picking the build
Back to top Go down
FeniXx
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
FeniXx

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:58 am

im in :>

Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:34 pm

As of right now, these are the current competitors... i will post the match-ups the day before the tourny starts (starts on 2/15/11)

1. Glorn
2. Joox
3. Fmdragon
4. Wrath
5. Charge
6. Tuus
7. Hlwg
8. Careful
9. Venom
10. Yeti
11. Stomp
12. Epic
13. Piss
14. Territo
15. Konny
16. Shankz
17. Yourespondtoi
18. Yiff
19. Fenixx
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 am

heyyyy.... you should use this to come up with match ups h. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups   Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unique Builds Tourny Sign-Ups
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2