Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion I_vote_lcapMinimal Stats Mana Explosion I_voting_barMinimal Stats Mana Explosion I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Minimal Stats Mana Explosion I_vote_lcapMinimal Stats Mana Explosion I_voting_barMinimal Stats Mana Explosion I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Minimal Stats Mana Explosion

Go down 
+3
carefulibite
Mr.Blonde
Yetidiah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yetidiah
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

Minimal Stats Mana Explosion Empty
PostSubject: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am

Shadow Essence (high int growth hard to target often gets misclicked)
Frenzy
Spiked Armor
Acid Rain
HP Bonus/abolish
Mana Explosion

level Acid to a level you are comfortable with generally i only level it to 4 however 8 will bring most creeps spawns below 60% all game. off level spiked armor and frenzy fairly equally i usually go 2 levels of spikes and one of frenzy, and take frenzy at level 8. Put a point into mana explosion at 15 then 16.

This build is by far the glassiest of all glass cannon int builds. Your core items will be shells (notice the plural) of the mana goddess and an Omega staff. you get armor attack speed move speed and hp all from your skills so all you need is mass damage and mana.

Like all mana heavy builds this one is hurt by mana burn avatar light orb and vortex but avatar is less of a problem than normal because frenzy gives a huge move speed boost that most heroes can't touch. And being void you can grab a frost orb and kite to beat hell with your increased range.

This build is a relatively balanced build throughout the game. Once midgame comes around explosion should be starting to get OP and your dps "should" be a lot higher than your opponents.

Ordinarily i do not say get a specific item but this build is all about massing mana so you have to get an omega staff and at least one shell of the mana goddess. The mana eternal set is very nice however i prefer the hp one. spell damage reduction is your biggest weakness so a cloak of the unseen would be wise.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:42 pm

this build is so squishy and seems pretty difficult to pull off, but of course anything is possible. I think one major weakness is if the enemy grabs a decent stun. I think one stun early/mid game would really roll you because you hve such low HP and are relying mainly on kiting to stay alive. Personally the way i would build it would be to get staff (eternal or gaia) and then make all cloaks with one of the crowns and the start morphing those into shells slowly. for this build i also wouldn't mind getting a lvl 2 ice staff. For the sole reason of kiting and the extra freeze gives you time to recover mana, but its personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Yetidiah
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:46 pm

staff is what makes this build, you need the hp to live all there is to it, between it and hp bonus your looking at about 8k hp at level 30
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:36 pm

thats very true, stacking all those shells really does make you weak... what about sneaking a set of the war god and then getting ice staff! i really think the extra freeze from ice staff will make up for the MP lost from not having omega staff. plus the ice orb build up i think will help a lot
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:06 pm

It's been a while since I have used mana explosion. The last time I used it was when I was level 17. It seems like your build is missing the ability to make landing explosion easy. Another issue I'm noticing is there is little difference between a level 1 explosion and a level 2 explosion. I think for your build your better off getting 1 point of explosion around level 10 or 12 and hold off the second level of it until level 23. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think level 2 explosion is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:28 pm

You should throw a holy protector into your item set that would help with your lack of HP.Also as much as you like to kite the life regen would be great for you.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:31 pm

lvl 2 explosion not worth it?

The 0.1 damage per point of mana increase is definitely worth it!

At 0.7 damge por point of mana you are looking at:

6000 mana times 0.7: 4200 damage

At 0.8 damage:

6000 mana times 0.8: 4800 damage

That 600 damage can make the difference between a win or a loss, a gank or a fail. Especially with a banish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:02 pm

You forget the mana cost.

6000-250=5750 *.6 = 3,450 damage

6000-500=5500 *.7= 3,850 damage

Could the 400 damage make a difference? Possibly but I bet using that skill point on another skill would do more.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 pm

I tend to agree but the bottom line of it is that it all depends how the game is going and what fits the current sitituation any good build should be flexible enough to make counters to another build and still have a solid foundation.In this case he can level frenzy for more speed,spikes for more armor,acid for better farming and mana explosion for more up front spell damage.You see he already has this figured out.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:31 pm

I have to agree with careful 99% percent of the time its just not worth it to lvl up mana explosion at all... especially since its so much more vulnerable to mana burns
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:15 pm

I have been using mana explosion a lot lately.. with banish of course. Without banish, there is no point.

Early game, sure, silent night shits all over this. Why? you need mana to cast your normal skills, you dont have a lotta mana, ams sucks. first duel, you can drain all of your mana to deal 900 damage. not really worth casting.

What about at level 14 or 15? when your SN is still 900 damage; and you can deal 1400 with explosion... not so bad anymore; but with the limited mana, still not amazing. At 16, they are usually even again; but it is after this that explosion makes amazing strides. Usually by lvl 24, my mana explosion is dealing nearly 2X the damage of a lvl 24 silent night. sure mana burn hurts; but spell redux and 40 brill aura makes up for that; and that isnt even a counter. A mini avatar, or WW can give you enough time to get a cast off before you get burned. with 40 mana regen a second; you can still cast all of your normal abilities too; without really any downtime. all of your int gives more regen, so, even a light weapon cannot do much.

If your opponent picks a mana burning skill, AND gets a mana burning staff; and WW, and truesight, and a supersonic ring... well then... you are screwed my friend. but; at that point; you can just stack normal stats, and laugh at your opponent who has no items that really... help him; just to counter 1 skill.

I ran a str build against yiff; i had mana burn the skill and stone staff, and avatar. he had so much mana and regen though; that I would have to cast both of them while under supersonic.... (so he couldnt caston me) then WW away, and attempt to kite until CDs were up... cast again... then, avatar and cast them again... during avatar, you get 2 more casts after the initial one... when avatar ends; you WW until you can cast them again... then supersonic to cast them.

After all this; he still had mana to cast his normal abilities, but his explosion wasnt worth using. however; straight up auto attacking; he was.... hard to beat. without all the dmg from my mana burns, I couldnt have beaten him. All my items were to counter his mana so he didnt 1 shot me. the later a mana explosion build goes, the stronger it gets. And because you have such a high mana build; you generally cannot be outfarmed, if you are any good at using high mana builds. If someone wants to gank you; you have a massive ass nuke...
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Hmmm i agree, but dedicating 2 skills (banish and xplosion) to one effect seems pretty risky. with the aoe caster, it seems like xplosion is just so much better in a team instance it seems almost silly to use it in a 1v1. furthermore, if you have taht much int, terrapatus seems to win games pretty hard especially for me, as in a 1v1 it seems often more of an outlasting competition where as in a team game teh attitude is to kill off each person as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 pm

I have been running explosion on a synergy caster lately. Chain Light, Holy Light, Banish, Explosion. Banish+Holy light gives me survival; while chain light can take down an AMS, and steal creep spawns, and gank.

I use terrap on this build a lot, and the only real difference is that with terrap... It is a long game; and with explosion.... It is a short game. Why? Well, explosion is much better at field killing than... pretty much anything. Chain light is one of the best creep spawn stealing skills. Every time explosion is off CD; I make sure to get a kill. If you watch your minimap a lot; that is fine... you will waste time trying to get a spawn far away from me; while I take a spawn anyways...

that is the real strength of mana explosion; is the ability to control a lot of the creepspawns. Err, at least to my build as a whole. Try it sometime; it is quite a bit of fun (though this topic isnt about my specific build)
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:11 pm

i think u should get at least one cloak of unseen b4 getting the 2nd shell or even b4 making the first one might just be me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minimal Stats Mana Explosion   Minimal Stats Mana Explosion Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1