Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
How long has shared XP been global? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
How long has shared XP been global? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
How long has shared XP been global? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
How long has shared XP been global? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
How long has shared XP been global? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
How long has shared XP been global? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
How long has shared XP been global? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
How long has shared XP been global? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
How long has shared XP been global? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
How long has shared XP been global? I_vote_lcapHow long has shared XP been global? I_voting_barHow long has shared XP been global? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
How long has shared XP been global? I_vote_lcapHow long has shared XP been global? I_voting_barHow long has shared XP been global? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

How long has shared XP been global?

Go down 
+3
tuusneegepro
Glorn2
carefulibite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

How long has shared XP been global? Empty
PostSubject: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:34 pm

I noticed while looking through replays that in one of the games where I was afk I'm gaining levels almost equal to players on my team. Seriously I haven't even left the base and I'm the exact same level as my allies who are farming their butts off. If the XP share isn't global exactly how big is it's leash? Is it supposed to be this way?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Indeed, it is intended to be this way. It isnt 100% shared, however, if 1 players goes up, and 1 goes down, they wil share with u, and not each other. Assuming they are both doing pretty bad, and returning to base in uneven intervals, it is pretty easy easy to remain the same level as allies until 6-7 when it starts to scale more. The killer always gets more EXP than anyone else sharing the EXP though.

As one might assume, this is intended so as that teams actually have to.. yeh know... be teams.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Interesting but as more players are made aware wouldn't this only make them more likely to bully their noobs out of the game instead of helping them? Wouldn't this only raise amount of kick my ally he's a noob complaint? A rise of the likely hood admins will kick no? Perhaps a rise in rage quits due to allies holding them back complaints. I guess too much thinking on my part. All in all however this will either help me out when I random builds like death strike, slow ward, bash, and star fall. Or will play to my down fall if I so happen to be my teams level leader.
Back to top Go down
tuusneegepro
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
tuusneegepro

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:35 am

TBH i totally agree with that...
Liiiike the other day i was playing shankz and wrath in a 3v3 pub i was on the other team... it was impossible to succeed at all.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 pm

It has been like this... forever in revolutions... Sometimes it is more noticable than others.

Red cannot kick; you need to kickvote. Half+1 of the players need to agree that the player should be kicked.

The only people who should have control to v-bot are grunts; if they start kicking noob allies for being nooby; they will see themselves lose bot control forever.

But yeah, this has been in the game for the past year. It was even in all of the unlimited edits; just less noticeable I guess... I used to pool my allies, and hit 40 from them creeping while I sat in base; then cast my ulti in duel, and have my ally kill me.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:23 pm

global XP is great!!! it makes late game builds more viable as they get more xp and early games more helpful as it helps lvl up your late gamers! but ya its been in the game for ages... i talked to glron about this in lik may...
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't know in some cases its simply brutal to be slowed down particularly when my one and only source for farming is my ultimate. The idea is a good player I guess can help the bad players level. Or perhaps it will encourage people to say its okay come farm with me. Ultimately though when they deny your ally they also deny you which to me seems out of whack. This has really forced the feeder to be way more the determining factor in fast not so good games.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:20 pm

not really... it makes your weakest link in duels stronger... think about it like this, if you force 2 of them to stop farming to gank your weakest, you will out farm them, because as 1 dude is running 2 are farming. it does the opposite and streanghtens teh whole team... whats better a lvl 1 and 2 lvl 7s or a lvl 3 and 2 lvl 6's?
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:54 am

I'm really happy w/ the new system. As charged pointed out it changes the risk factor involved w/ ganking and thus allows players to explore different team strategies and late game avenues w//o as much repercussion. in older versions i felt as if it was a little too easy for players to gank or contain in team games.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:12 pm

This is just my opinion..... but i really hate the huge share xp range. i always lose pub games because im going mid with a uberfarm build.... and one ally is going top one is going bot. the pubs can barely farm at all exept for auto attacking... but when im one shotting my creeps with bombs/frostfall i kinda hate to have my xp go to 3 diffrent people. especially when they absorb my xp, then ragequit after we lose the first duel. In clan games, where everyone knows how to farm decent and knows what a farming skill is, i dont mind at all. but public games where its you, 2 pubs, and maybe another good player on the other team with 2 pubs... you kinda need the xp more than the pubs who ragequit after 5 mins. Generally, in most games i have to waste time going to the other sides creep spots first, where i eventually get attacked by the other team. and most pubs wont listen when i try to convince them to go to the very top or very bottom creep spot.

Sry for wall of text, but thats just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Your finally getting where I'm coming from. It's not so much rage quits but they do play a bit of a role. What's really the problem is if one side has more pro's they basically win now. I wish I could say other wise but shut outs are shut outs. Now what I'm not liking is this system makes leavers even more of a problem. When somebody leaves 9 times out of 10 its their worse player. In some cases their worse player is only a little bit worse then the other teams worse player. So while they're rid of theirs the other team is stuck with theirs. I'm not going to ask a player who is openly trying to learn the game to leave. However I don't like the idea that a close game gets thrown down the crapper because of one leaver. With this mechanic this occurrence happens every so often. I hate winning games this way and I hate losing them this way. On a different but not too unrelated issue I noticed that the v-bot is hosting more realms now. Because of this it introduces more players to the game which leads to quicker filling games. An unfortunate side effect is it brings more noobs to the table which is why I think I'm noticing this level share even more now. For now I guess I have to grin and bearer with it for the time being until where more begin to pick up how to play and this becomes less of an issue.

Last edited by carefulibite on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:24 pm

the game balance should not be based on teh skill of the player, but should be balanced on the concept of the game if all "pros" (even though we don't have any) were to play it.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:28 pm

Indeed, you cant base the balance of the game on the idea that teams are going to be uneven and some players will be worse than others.

It doesnt matter how EXP is shared, the team with better players and better skills should win.

Teach your noobs how to play. Or, do really good, so they dont suck, and they dont leave, and eventually they contribute.

This doesnt only happen to your team, the other team is going through the same thing. If every 30 seconds I took 500 gold from everyone... This would affect everyone, not just you. If your EXP is shared... the other teams EXP is shared. If you cant see their items, they cant see your items. If all random is on, and they get randomed... you are also randomed... No one can see in dark mode... In kill rag mode, whoever kills rag first wins; even if they have 70 deaths.

See what I am getting at? Generally the people complaining about this are the people who play 90% of their games as pub games, and just go in, score 20 kills in 10 minutes, then complain that their opponents leave the game. Then they trash talk, and do it again. Essentially, you are upset because you cannot easily 1v3 your opponents if your allies are shitty and your opponents are "alright"

this is the way it has been all through CHAR.. that is.. for the past 13 months. A good idea is to QQ less when you are losing. We all know you blame your allies for any loss ever anyways.

On a note that isnt calling you all whiners, I believe the reason this is so noticable now is that CHAR is being hosted on all servers with the bots. The game is really popular on euro servers, however, they are all bad at it. We just gained 30% more players though; give it time. When we started hosting on west along with east, we had the same problem with an influx of noobs. After a couple of months, the average pub isnt terrible.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:48 am

Okay I will concede and drop this issue. Just for the record I don't play publics to stomp them. I play publics for the sake of playing the game. I don't care what the skill level of the opposition is however if they generally talk trash I won't even play with them. Care to take a wild guess where most of the trash talkers come from? I'm not ducking you out of fear. I'm ducking you because your jerks and are not fun to be around. If in our play history you play and talk trash when you win,then turn around and quit when your losing I'm going to lable you as a jerk, who's not worth playing with. As for helping players if they ask for it I will give them advice. If your from a European country unless you speak English, German, or Spanish then I'm afraid I can't help you. In this topic I was just voicing a general concern because most of the games have turned into out and out stomps. I honestly believed it was because of the experience share but am now realizing it could be because of the population boom. Any ways I'm sorry this has come across has QQ as you called it I was just giving 2 cents worth of thought on the subject. Those of you who openly except something and praise it with support without thinking it out are simply walking into a trap. In my opinion it is a well deserved trap.

[img]How long has shared XP been global? Legendarytrap[/img]
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:59 am

dude... no way is attacking you, we are all against the idea of turning off global XP share,

because it adds a lot of team elements to the game that are necessary when you play a team game. if you want team play there needs to be rewards and consequences in the form of the entire team gaining or losing something. besides if we took it out, the "actual" games where there are competent players would get much less fun.

i know it seems like CHA is becoming more of a 1v1 games, mainly because of the amount of players we have but... its not meant to be played like that.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 pm

I completely understand where you are coming from on the trash talk thing; it is the only reason I will ever kick anyone from a game. Win with dignity, lose with dignity. Or at least dont be an ass about doing either. Occasionally I play on an alt, to see what clannies are like in pub games; and I have actually been amazed a few times. Some clannies who I think are nice, are assholes; and some who I want to kick for being idiots, actually try to help their noob allies, and are polite to the trash talker kicking their ass.

^^That is rare... and I really only play pub games once a month or so. Admitting in that statement that I dont know what goes on in pub games anymore.

In a month, if there is still a major problem with this, I might do something, in terms of at least scaling the EXP gain, or doing something to make it possible to get rid of base AFKers that isnt trash talking until they leave.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:10 pm

trash talking is part of the game, i think. as long as it doesn't become aggressive on the point of harassment or excessive use of racial slurs i would be hard pressed to kick someone for trashtalking. if it really bothers you just leave the game. there is no consequence for leaving. but i think there should be an

auto kick option if someone is afk in base for 4 mins (one full time between duels) it should only take like 2 votes to kick the afker... or better yet if someone doesn't leave base for 4 mins an autokicker, but that would be slightly harder to make... this will continue to be a problem for months, but i don't think its gonna be that bad, if you don't like how it is play clan games. the pubs are for people to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Dude as I told you off line its the noobs they throw everyones perpective of balance off. Give it time and it will get better I promise you.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:58 pm

its not that, sometimes im guilty of going afk for a long period of time without leaving the game... im sure everyone has been guilty of this and has nothing to do with the game but more like RL shit comes up and you leave and you come back 30 mins later and are like o ya i was playing cha. its not a noob problem.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Well I've gotten more used to this system and will take back most of my arguments. There is something that hits me as strange. In some games I notice your afk ally benefits more then your ally who is actually there. My last game was like this I was level 14, my ally who was there was 7, and the afk was level 10. I don't know about you guys but that strikes me as incredibly unfair. I guess the explanation for this was he was dead most of the time and was not able to benefit from my kills. This still seems incredibly messed up.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 11:01 pm

well it also has to do if you are doing the spawns closer to your ally who is afk then the ally who is creeeping the far spawn there are levels of sharing i belive

this could all be wrong, but i'm pretty sure it isn't (51% sure)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long has shared XP been global?   How long has shared XP been global? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long has shared XP been global?
Page 1 of 1