Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? I_vote_lcapvorex+magic barrage < wolves? I_voting_barvorex+magic barrage < wolves? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
vorex+magic barrage < wolves? I_vote_lcapvorex+magic barrage < wolves? I_voting_barvorex+magic barrage < wolves? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

vorex+magic barrage < wolves?

Go down 
+2
Sharky
i_am_that_is
6 posters
AuthorMessage
i_am_that_is
Nooblet
Nooblet

vorex+magic barrage < wolves? Empty
PostSubject: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:08 am

i just played a game vs wolves + puppet

i saw it comeing so i got mana vortex and magic barrage

i cast both and landed both... the wolves were just over 1/3 hp

he was out lvling me by about 3 lvls at this point... but i still think i should have at least gotten closer to killing them (vortex seemed to only tickle them)

i asked epic (the guy i was playing)
he said he had 2 buffs on them and he had countered my build.... so i gotta ask if each one hits as hard as a low lvl player has a shit ton of regen and helps him farm like hell... and can survive every nuke you can through at it...

what do i do if i see something like this comeing? cause im baffled
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:11 am

Throw a wrench at him.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:13 am

^^ best advice vs that
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
i_am_that_is
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:40 am

any serious suggestions?
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:42 am

No, im pretty much just awesome and your fucked haha. But ya theres only two people that have destroyed that build .. Glorn and Jar Razz get as good as them to counter it!
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:27 am

when it comes to amazing builds, there is a huge player curve. Epic has been using that build, and very similar ones for a while; so is pro with them. This extra edge allows him to level a touch faster, get the best items for the build, and ultimately, not screw it up.

If you practiced with barrage and vortex for a month, and learned how to use it perfectly, or at least as good as epic uses his build; then you would beat him in 9 outta 10 games. Your build DOES counter his; but he anticounters with player skill (no offense to you)

Have you tried a light orb? grab a rank 2 light weapon, it deals... i think... 400 extra damage to summons on purge proc. Also, if you are desperate, grab some massive goblin bombs. Why? you WILL 1 shot their summons. On top of that, the damage hits the player controlling wolves. You may think "that is a lot of work just to kill some wolves" but you gotta keep in mind... the majority of his build, is those summons. Kill the wolves, and he loses 3 skills.

Other than that, grab a Stone Shield. 100% chance to reduce damage by 200. Wolves, with a lot of good buffs, end up with like... 220 damage. So, they deal ~90% less damage; and you get the 65 armor, and the 70 temp armor buff; really, lowering their damage so low, the regen on the shield completely hides it. However, the strength in wolves is their bash, so you still want them dead.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 11:43 am

just get ww with votex and a light orb, that owns all mana skills
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:14 pm

"Have you tried a light orb" NO GLORN SHHHHHHHHHHHH.... For fuck sakes don't tell them my kryptonite..

Goblin Bombs get effected by spell dmg reduc do they not? WW sucks, a 200 gold gem will rape it everyone time, NEVER get the ww skill..

And ya stone shield will help your defense, but wont do fuck all once i get immort gloves and stun lock you.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:16 pm

the best counter to wolves, is to stop them early
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:14 pm

Best counter really is to be about the same level or out farm them. Wolves really do have trouble against creeps at about the same level as the hero theyre only absurdly powerful when your able to get ahead of your oponent. Seriously mid game speaking wise if you have something that group stuns just one shot them. Honestly Ive beaten the crap out of Wolf Puppet Master builds with range agility it is sadly that easy. Whats that you have gloves oh how pretty stun pop pop pop pop gone. Your problem is likely mismanagement of your mana pool and not having the mana to spam cast Barrage. Also I pointed this out a long ass time ago but Magic Barrage deals magic damage not pure or physical (just because it doesnt have its damage increased by banish doesnt mean it isnt spell damage) so it isnt a clear cut counter to Puppet which reduces spell damage by quite alot and increases theyre Hit Points.

My simple advice get a farming ult to help keep up in levels or even pull ahead that or pick up whirl pool.

Honestly wolves are not all that impressively great be creative stop spamming the same old tiresome crap get good with stuff people dont use pull a miracle out your ass and throw a wrench at the mother fucker. Tiresome crap = easily countered and makes you nothing more then a hack.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:00 pm

ya don't get the skill get an item with ww... but still it gives you a leg up in 1 or 2 duels, after that just gank the shit out of him at elementals, wolf build where he gets gloves mid-late game leaves him pretty weak and vulnerable to rape ganks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vorex+magic barrage < wolves?   vorex+magic barrage < wolves? Empty

Back to top Go down

vorex+magic barrage < wolves?
Page 1 of 1