Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Which build should farm where? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Which build should farm where? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Which build should farm where? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Which build should farm where? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Which build should farm where? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Which build should farm where? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Which build should farm where? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Which build should farm where? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Which build should farm where? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Which build should farm where? I_vote_lcapWhich build should farm where? I_voting_barWhich build should farm where? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Which build should farm where? I_vote_lcapWhich build should farm where? I_voting_barWhich build should farm where? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Which build should farm where?

Go down 
+4
Mr.Blonde
blazinfast
Subz
Sharky
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Which build should farm where? Empty
PostSubject: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Okay so I asked this question like a long time ago reviving it with a new topic because well the maps changed some. Plus I don't know I play pubs a lot and they almost always blow their lanes or demand mid or bot blindly.

I guess I can answer my own question (keep in mind I'm no uber pro nor do I pretend to be) Truth be known my skill level is mediocre to nooblike.

Mid should be a controller lane (preferably someone who has a farming aoe should likely go here) Your job pretty simple cover up blown assignments/apply pressure on the opposing team and you will likely win the game. This doesn't mean jack your allies camps!!!! (Never fuck over your own allies. Fuck over the opposing team instead) If your allies doing their job and putting pressure on the opposing team don't steal their camp. Don't ever steal the top allied camp ever!!! I absolutely hate people complaining about how they're allies suck when they're the ones who fucked them over in the first place. Apply pressure to mid (top or bot enemy) Ideally Mid and Bot would work together in a few ganks and anti ganks while top farms freely un-opposed. But likely one guy knows what they're doing while the rest are eating glue. Meaning a pro takes mid runs all over the opposing side and everyone assumes blindly mid auto wins games and puts every single type of build mid and demands it.

Top should likely go to your passive or semi passive whore here they can farm safely away from ganks and become strong asset later as the game progresses. If his creeps get stolen on him well he's likely going to be really under leveled and well its mids fucken fault. Seriously top should be a bitch to gank and usually is against stronger teams.

Bot is a semi carry/ ganker lane if mid fails to apply pressure your job is to apply pressure to either mid or bot lane. Builds that do well here are summons, ward type of ability (Fire/Tents) Nukes such as Shock Wave/Lightning don't want to get into full detail but something along those lines. If mids ganking your bot opposing enemy lend aid if need be other wise cover your bottom 3 creep camp spot or gank or steal opposing middle camp. Gank Opposing Mid or Bot if unable to take the three creep camp don't forget that they're there.

Keep in mind this is 3 vs 3 and assumes no leavers, leavers change things up some and different rules apply to 2 vs 2, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5. Also in the field of battle shit happens and adaption from the norm sometimes has to take place.

Again I'm probably wrong in my theory crafting but most of the games I lose are due to idiotic blown lane assignments and a lot of the times its why my opponents lose. I guess this is more strategy tip. Though I'm not entirely sure if its correct maybe some pros can look this over and catch something I said that was wrong or missed. Then glorn can move it over to tips and tricks. Wasn't originally setting out to make a tip like topic I guess I got a little carried away rofl.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:54 am

What i've found to be the issue was one person gets top, the second mid, and the third is like lost. The third guy will sit in the bottom left and farm the 3 same creeps the entire game, or something similar. However, lately pubs have been pretty good for lane assignment, theres no confusion on who has what, and vice versa. Of course the occasional jack ass will steal your creeps, but he's only hurting himself and the team, and he'll learn that every 3 or 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
blazinfast
Average Player
Average Player

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:56 pm

i only take mid when going int. and getting either:

acid rain,
lightning,
goblins
or maybe skeles

its easy to take over ur opponents mid spawn right at the start after u kill all ur creeps using 1 well placed acid rain.

of course this is not always the most fun tactic.
it usually causes the opposing teams mid laner to either leave or take their buddies creeps

given that it is so cheap, i try not to use it that often.
but damn it works so well.

and an int hero that takes both mid lanes will outlevel any people with late game builds and usually dominates late game even when the farming skills arent useful anymore
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 pm

thats not necessarily true, teams with good synergy skills and team work can rape teams that are at higher levels.

All builds require a balance between early mid and late game. People often prep only for early or late, but MID Game is what can break teams by getting out farmed or out ganked to the point of oblivion.

Mid should swich between the mid and early game hero. The primarily early game hero should rice up mid until 2/3 duel, then he can either go bot or gank, while the mid game hero takes mid. Later on the late game hero should take mid as the early and mid game hero move onto ganking and jacking creeps.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:07 pm

You pretty much hit it spot on Sharky, only thing you missed is that when your not playing with pubs you should be rotating spots if your team mates are falling behind, that and try and stealing your opponents creeps AS MUCH as possible this applies especially for middle. Side players should try and get fast moving heros, that way they can properly make use of their two and their opponents 5 spawn.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:04 pm

with the new layout, it is a much different conversation now as it was then.

Personally, I feel that early-game creep steals are the most important part of the game. You should always have 1 player who is there to pull your team through (assuming you are playing a REAL game). If you can grab everyone on your team a level advantage, or even two levels above the other team... well... quite frankly... you will win the first duel. This player, who should be pulling you through the game, will be a fast leveling/support build. That way they can carry early, get extra gold for better items, and then late, not be completely useless. Then will try to annoy the other team and take their creeps, they get the center spawn.

The other players get to divide the rest of the map up. If the game is a 4v4, then the above player, will actually spend 90% of their time on the other side of the map; while a player takes your mid spawn.

The first couple of duels decide the rest of the game, assuming you have a competent team. Don't let anyone ever tell you different. Don't fight over farming spots; why? you will level slower. Slow heroes get the back ones. If they make it to the center one, you call them an idiot, and let them have the spot. Don't steal any spawns from teamates though; that helps the other team, similar to you taking creeps from the opponent...
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
i_am_that_is
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:38 pm

from my games i have the most trouble /w teams that can farm there own mid and yours, while threatening to gank you at the same time. I have played more then one game were i had to fight 2 opponents higher lvl then me mid while my team farmed the back spawns while this is annoying early i find that later in the game they seem to not realize when they cant do that anymore

the biggest difference between a pro and a noob imo is they can tell when its ok to atk a spwn (on there your side or theres both need to be thought out) survive ganks to make it to endgame or push back and fight it out these kinds of calls seem over the heads of most pubs

yes those early creeps do matter but i have seen too many games were i go mid vs someone who steals my creeps /w bombs gets a huge gap between us by first duel... and then is lower lvl then me by second because he didn't think about the fact that they run out eventually

my biggest advice dont get stuck in the pub mentality of u pick a spawn and lvl it for the rest of the game.

as your clearing a spwn look at what spawns your allies are clearing where your enemy is and try to predict were they will be going when u finish up with the spawn your at (i know it seems hard at fist but this overlaps /w a lot of other thing you should be doing, checking everyone’s item orders to see if u need to counter anything watching your opponents to figure out there builds and how to counter those, watching for ganks, seeing if your teammates need help, seeing if there is anything you could let your allies know they could do better 'enemies too i guess though i would normally wait till after the game if its close') but i seem to have gone off topic a bit the main point is just look at whats going on and make a call from there

though some heroes like pally might be able to just say "i have a horrible move speed i need one of the back spawns till I get tot" though in that case… idk he might just want the spawns in-between back and mid just so massive aoe nukes don’t go to waist… I guess it's always a judgment call kind of thing
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:57 pm

off topic

sure sure, but pally wouldnt use nukes, exactly bcuz he has sloe ms. hes a support healer kinda person.

Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Quote :
yes those early creeps do matter but i have seen too many games were i go mid vs someone who steals my creeps /w bombs gets a huge gap between us by first duel... and then is lower lvl then me by second because he didn't think about the fact that they run out eventually

You hit the g-spot. The only time you can really pull bombing off vs someone who knows what their doing is if you get 2-3 ganks in your first rounds. The bonus gold and exp will make up for buying the bombs usually. That and if you farm skill + gank you can drive their creeps up really high to compound getting gankbombed. But very few people can pull that off well, and consitantly. Stay away from bombs, they will fuck you 90% of the time.

Quote :
my biggest advice dont get stuck in the pub mentality of u pick a spawn and lvl it for the rest of the game.

And spot on.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 pm

i wouldn't say they aren't good 90% of the time especially in team games if someoen is going W/C its pretty wicked at blowingthe hell out of some summons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which build should farm where?   Which build should farm where? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which build should farm where?
Page 1 of 1