Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
My commandments of CHA EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
My commandments of CHA EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
My commandments of CHA EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
My commandments of CHA EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
My commandments of CHA EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
My commandments of CHA EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
My commandments of CHA EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
My commandments of CHA I_vote_lcapMy commandments of CHA I_voting_barMy commandments of CHA I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
My commandments of CHA I_vote_lcapMy commandments of CHA I_voting_barMy commandments of CHA I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

My commandments of CHA

Go down 
+3
imsofattest
i_4got_my_user
Pissonmyhands
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

My commandments of CHA Empty
PostSubject: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:40 am

Saint Piss's New and Old Testament of CHA

Intro: I've learned a lot since i've gotten back! Granted it's only been a couple of days and I still stink but ya :p. I've compiled in my head a list of rules and helpful tidbits that I try to follow to make my games go perfectly for me and my team. Hope they help/are helpful [They better or I'll cry since I've used these since Supreme]

Note: these are not in any particular order and will probably get bigger as I continue to play. also these are not designed to tell you how to level a hero or what items to get, but rather to help improve your mico and overall skill as a player.

1. Hot Key ur Hero [It allows you to easily access your hero at any given time. It gives you more comfortability to scan the entire area to observe other players and get an early look on their move sets if you dont know them already]

2. Hot Key ur wisp/peon/rat or whatever [Buying items while your in game is important but if your running back you can always set the run command for you hero and switch back to your peon who can build the item faster than you can if your outside ur base Very Happy.]

3. Buy a potion before a duel (ty glorn) [applicable till pretty late into midgame since an extra 2000 hp can easily turn the tide when heros only have under 3000ish for the first few duels]

4. Spend your gold! i.e. When you get back to your base spend all your gold (also ty glorn) [Items lose stat-gold value as you progress into the higher item tiers (stated somewhere on this forum). this being said you want to buy every stupid item your lameo budget can handle to max out the your dmg/survivability at that moment. its worth it ]

5. Buy a boots of freegin speed. ie boots of speed (400g)[ This ones been around for a long time but no one ever does it (including myself on occasion) but they really help a lot. with the current bigger map it's essential that your able to cover it quickly and get from creep spawn to creep spawn quickly. the current map is also more pvp oriented so getting boots of speed can add to quick surprises or quick ganks. if you dont get them you'll wish you had them when your running back to build an item or get a pot 20 secs before the duel Smile ]

6. Try not to use ur arrow keys if you can help it. side scroll is much much faster and you can put your fingers on hot keys instead [ arrows keys are just inefficient. that goes for regular warcraft games too ]

7. Creeps, illusions, and summons are good blockers [ use them to gank or get away]

8. Be the aggressive person always plays better, feels better, and looks better Wink than the turtler [ gank as much as possible, rushing in stops them from creeping for a sec and might even make them retreat. keeps them playing back and allows you access to more of the map]

9. Use the minimap (and set it to 2 color boring mode) Sad [ I know seeing only teal allies and red enemies isn't very fun but it complicates things a lot less. Also watching the minimap is a good way to keep watch for gankers and people going to get orbs ect.]

10. Keep sound on [Some people turn it off b/c its annoying but keep at least effects on. a lot of the moves have a sound effect that happens before, during, and after they trigger. If you keep an open ear you can actually figure out how far away some of them are. ie windwalk's start up sound]

11. Talking to distract and slow down micro of opponents is a legitimate and effective strategy, but raging and trash talking are not very nice [there are much nicer ways to go about distracting people]

12. teams are always better [In almost all situations having a partner is better than going it alone. when doing bosses you can clear them significantly earlier w/ a partner. Ganking is always better in groups and even creeping together is acceptable for short periods of time as a defensive measure.

13. Dont be afraid to sell your items (taken straight from the makers mouth) [resale value is 70 percent so you do get a fair amount of money back. sell your boots of speed if your just short or even some of the early game items. it's ok to sell something and get it back again so long as the trade is worth it at the moment of selling.]

14. Know what your going to build before you build it [Don't run into your base not knowing what your gonna get, you just waste valuable time and item builds "are like" 40 percent of the game]

15. Shift clicking a unit command to creep while you build items [If your trying to build an item w/ ur peon you can command your hero/ summons multiple attack orders. if you click attack and hold shift while clicking on the different paths you want it too you can focus on building that item. you can also do this on the minimap if to save even more time Very Happy]

16. Silence's are awesome when creeping! [When a creep is silenced it will not cast a spell again. ever! the only exception are creeps and bosses that respawn like firelord ect. use this to keep those weak summons alive through late game]

17. Small shorter movement commands w/ a higher APM (actions per min) are better than long ones [although making multiple unit commands is easy, there is a lot going on in the arena. when in doubt follow your hero and issue short commands to lessen the chance someone will interrupt them.]

18. BASIC ORB/effect 101 -vamp on items only works w/ poison. poison only works w/ vamp and light. orb effect depends on the order placed in inventory. vamp overides all. feedback cant be used w/ anything. eternal and omega sword/axe/staff have no effect on them so you can use it w/ anything (only exception to the feedback rule) THIS ONES FOR YOU BRITLIND Wink

19. Creeps run back if your too far away [ Abuse this if your ranged by engaging them in a way where they run back but are within range to be attacked again. you'll take less damage. ]

20. Whatever you do, dont look into Glorns eyes. He'll blind you with his- OH MY GOD WTF IS THAT!... naw i joke. last thing is play as much as possible if you want to get better. set the odds against yourself by accepting first timers, dlers, or even going against clanies (best possible option in my opinion). dont give yourself handicaps in 1v1s like fast or extreme creeps, or even in multi-player games like gold or levels. it'll all make you better in the end even if you feel like your playing the shittiest game of your life Very Happy

21. watch replays whether you win or lose. [replays are very helpful in analyzing your own errors or improving upon builds, gameplay ect. also great if you want try and pick up a new build]
PS plz send those replays to me if u if you think they are interesting in ANY WAY. bobolee@comcast.net

22.Play a lot of CHA, but play some other games! [OTHER GAMES ARE VERY IMPORTANT! CHA is but one type of game that demands a certain set of skills in order to be proficient. once you have those down to a certain degree play other games that involve different kinds of micro and multitasking. I recommend Normal games from warcraft III, Starcraft normal games, Starcraft II normal games, DOTA (loathingly), battle tanks/ship, Uther Party, maze games, run kitty/ninja run, sniper war, and battle mage (i think thats what its called it's the game where you pick ur element and go around pvping the crap outta eachother w/ spells that u buy and level ect.) BUT REMEMBER ALWAYS COME BACK TO CHA. IT'S REALLY HARD TO GET RUSTY MICRO WISE BUT IT'S VERY EASY TO FALL BEHIND IN UPDATES Very Happy]

GL

Well for now anyways, thats pretty much what i've got. Really hope it helps. if you've got your own rules or helpful words of wisdom feel free to postum here. I'll definitely try and add to this when I find something worthwhile but 20 is a good start right Very Happy

ADDED 2 :d TOTAL 22

Last edited by Pissonmyhands on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 am

reserving this post if necessary
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 am

it's alllll goood, cept for the keyboard scroll- you can adjust the speed on the scroll, making just as effective as mouse scrolling.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:40 pm

ya but you generally just use the mouse for small adjustments so you can keep your fingers on hotkeys and on the mouse Smile
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:00 pm

8. Be the aggressive person always plays better, feels better, and looks better than the turtler [ gank as much as possible, rushing in stops them from creeping for a sec and might even make them retreat. keeps them playing back and allows you access to more of the map]

i would have to disagree the agressive player is the one that is taking the risk, you should only attack on the field if you are extremely confident you will come out victorious, otherwise if he only has half his hp taken away and you almost die he can keep creeping and will get ahead of you. however, that being said ganking is a vital part of winning and if you know you can successfully do it you need to be a complete whore and end the game there and not give the opponent a chance to recover. times where you KNOW you can kill the enemy- when they have 1/4 hp remaining and still creeping and you have 1/2 or more and are at a close by spawn. when the opponent is clearly not suited to deal with you at this point of the game (i.e. you have 2 slow skills, they are a slow moving late game hero, or you have 1000 damage and 100 armor and they have 1000 damage and 30 armor)
7. Creeps, illusions, and summons are good blockers [ use them to gank or get away]
id also liek to elaborate on this a lil more, yes they are good blockers but people often dont realize that suiciding is so much better than dying. if you have 100 hp left and your opponent has more ms than u and is gaining on you, run to the nearest creep spawn and die! they wont get exp for it, they wont get gold, and you still have the same setbacks. this is also good at mid game but instead of having the creeps (they get unreliable for this later) you run to the archons and die, if they follow you, they also die! so even if they get the kill, they dont get extra time on the field where they normally would. its a win/lose situation, but its alot better than a lose/lose situation so always be realistic when running away its not worth it to give up a kill.

4. Spend your gold! i.e. When you get back to your base spend all your gold (also ty glorn) [Items lose stat-gold value as you progress into the higher item tiers (stated somewhere on this forum). this being said you want to buy every stupid item your lameo budget can handle to max out the your dmg/survivability at that moment. its worth it ]
figure i should add my two cents, people like to plan for late game, THIS IS WRONG! that will get you killed 8 times before the 2nd duel and you will be very sad. why? because all the opponent has to do is use all his gold (you get more because you have better stats to farm due to the better stat:gold ratio the early items have, getting you more gold from the farming to spend on top of the better stats) and harass you after he hits 2-3 levels more than you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Nice commandments I suppose. Just remember one fact its not how few mistakes you make that wins games its how many mistakes your oponents make that wins games.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:10 pm

if you aren't farming more than one spwn with these, you are wasting ur summon ablities
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:11 pm

one thing...the orb effect 101...poison also works with stone orb

HA! i know something! Smile

other than that most of this stuff is in the "basic shit that you don't know" sticky by glorn
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:15 pm

seriously poison, stone orb, and ice sheild is freaking rape, if you get slow for ur defenseive skill, you can kite a bitch all day.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:21 pm

well i'm not just talking about mirror images in number 7, there are also items that make images as well that dont do any damage Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:25 pm

well all melee images benefit from mana burn orb as far as i am aware, though i could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:45 pm

oh one edit for images...i know in at least 3.1, image orb effects stacked. I had an image from immorts gloves plus me and we each had the doombringer so when fighting justice he had -90 armor...was odd but kinda funny
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:17 pm

are u sure? maybe im wrong, but as far as i know mana burn is the only one that works actively on hero's images
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:21 pm

pretty sure...even wierder is that i didnt think orb effects could stack like that....but Im almost 100% sure, though it was a long time ago, back in 3.1b and it was late and i was tired...but im pretty sure bc i noted it.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:45 pm

feedback orb no longer exists and i dont think the image picks up the skill either.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:19 am

i mean lightining orb on the heros not the feed back, by mana burn
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:53 am

A lot of good comments here; by piss, fats, and didnot especially. *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:24 am

waitaduce wheres didnot? did he make a new account?

correction i see i4gotmyuser... i think... right? Very Happy

btw i saw that thing on animation canceling and thats prolly something else that could go up here if anyone would care to elaborate cept not as much as they did on general tricks and tips i'd post it on the main Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:04 am

animation canceling is just a general wc3 tip. not really a cha tip imo. but it should be common knowldege, for chasing and casting
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 am

Actually, in CHA, animation canceling is a bit rough; though not impossible. Heroes forward cast time and attack time is ~2-3X slower than their backswing. It is the backswing that is animation canceled; because the attack doesnt happen until the forward swing happens.

Something more important to note. Heroes have a .25 second reaction delay. It is a value I can change, but prefer to have at .25. That is, when you are hit, and just sitting idle, your hero takes .25 to register that it has been hit, and attack back. So, a very skilled player, will tell his hero what to attack. Also, on ranged heros, once the missile is fired, it is out there. If it is the last hit on a creep, click to attack the next creep before the bolt hits the creep before that.

^^Tiny tiny things that can save you time. Really, in a 1v1, before the first duel, is the only time this could really matter. Ever wish you had just 5 more seconds before the duel started? Well, there is your earned 5 seconds.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Mr.Blonde wrote:
seriously poison, stone orb, and ice sheild is freaking rape, if you get slow for ur defenseive skill, you can kite a bitch all day.

if you aren't farming more than one spwn with these, you are wasting ur summon ablities
for the uber slow set up u listed, i wouldnt get ice shield at all when you get THAT much slow 40% stops mattering anymore and that shield costs quite a pretty penny for no stats.
i disagree with what you said about summons, the people who send them off to more than one spot are the ones i generally buttrape because they arent there to protect there summons and i just ks the spawn and summons for even more exp and then i just move up to the next area they are at and repeat, and then all they have is 1 spawn with 1/3 the summons they could have had farming there and i have 2 of theirs and all of mine to farm.
btw piss didnot is sharky not i4got
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:06 pm

My opinion on summons:

Protect them. With that in mind; if they are strong enough, send them to do something else. Personally, the few times I use summons, I keep 2 of my spawns quite a bit lower level, so I can send my remaining summons to kill them when I go to heal, gank, item up, or just go to a smaller creep spawn that I can easily handle. With skellys and goblins, you can send them to annoy your opponent if you dont need them. Don't do it early when summons matter, but after 2nd duel or so; sending 30 goblins to annoy the hell out of an opponent isnt bad. By that point in the game, the EXP they get is useless, and the annoyance is well worth it. If nothing else, the player gets locked in 1 place, and has to fight their way out, while you continue to creep. Use common sense with summons.

Slow shield isnt bad for a super slow build; I mean, if you are actually hurting their attack speed with your slow, you might as well keep going. Personally, I would go for a diff shield also though. But, if you are winning, and wanna have fun, slow shield is cute.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:36 pm

true slow shield isnt' really worth it cost effectively for the stats and protection, but the move speed difference is noticeable.

plus i normally don't level slow poison till later and get the ice orb early, and try and max out my farming skill early, thats why i get slow shield, but there are toerh builds.

the use of summons isn't to out farm the other people, its really just to have them sit on the spwns to prevent the enemy team for farming, like just putting them at the enmy half camps to farm slowly, so there are only one or two creeps ever in those camps, so if the enemy comes and ganks they only get 1 or two creeps, and in larger games hogging the camps makes a difference especially if you play not extreme creep
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:44 pm

no. the use of summons IS to out farm people. thats how i look at it, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:54 am

not quite sure if i did this correctly but bump Very Happy

My amendments just go updated +2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My commandments of CHA   My commandments of CHA Empty

Back to top Go down

My commandments of CHA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: Tips and Tricks-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com