Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
question about a skill EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
question about a skill EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
question about a skill EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
question about a skill EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
question about a skill EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
question about a skill EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
question about a skill EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
question about a skill EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
question about a skill EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
question about a skill I_vote_lcapquestion about a skill I_voting_barquestion about a skill I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
question about a skill I_vote_lcapquestion about a skill I_voting_barquestion about a skill I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

question about a skill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

question about a skill Empty
PostSubject: question about a skill   question about a skill EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:29 am

I like to know every thing there is to know about the DEFEND ability
Like, how does it work with armor. With damage reduction and with magic reduction and so on.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: question about a skill   question about a skill EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:41 am

That is a good question and I don't exactly know for sure. Either it will replace your current damage reduction values. Or it will stack with diminishing values. If it is the ladder Damage Resistance = (1 - (1 - DR1) * (1 - DR2)) * 100. Same goes with Spell Resistance replace DR in that equation with SR.

How it reacts with armor if the value switches are true. Every point of armor will add 6% of your maximum amount of hit points to your earn hit point average (aka the amount of true damage needed to kill you). So if you have about 100 armor and 200 HP you will have in truth 1,400 hit points against physical attacks. Now how it works is damage reduction reduces the amount of damage you take while armor adds to your earn hit point average. So to any idiot who thinks armor doesn't stack or stacks with diminished returns you are in fact wrong. Armor stacks completely its damage reduction that doesn't.

Mana Shield since mana shield doesn't add any damage reduction at all this skill will simply replace 0% which will make it extremely powerful since it will reduce the damage first then every damage dealt will burn mana afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: question about a skill   question about a skill EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:42 am

the armor on it takes over your armor.

That is, with it active, whatever your armor is doesnt matter. What it says it does is all that matters. If it is 75%, then you have 75% damage reduction.

Not too good for really late game where you would have 85% reduction. However, with this skill on, you can level a hero all the way to end game, and only have 7 armor. Meaning, it counters corrupt flesh and armor reduction builds.

Also, there is a constant 10% spell reflect chance. I have hit myself with my own atma beam before, because my opponent had this skill.

The magic damage reduction, is well.. magic damage reduction. All the stats offered by this skill are only active when the skill is active.

We have reason to believe it works with mana shield also. I have used it with mana shield, and it seemed to be what got me the win that game; my mana survived as long as my HP did, but if i left it on when my mana was gone... OWWWWW!

Any Questions?

***Edit, we posted at the same time***

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying didnot, but to clarify, the damage reduction on defend REPLACES your heroes damage reduction. Reduced damage (like the 200 reduced damage on Immortals Shield) Will still work with this skill though.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: question about a skill   question about a skill EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:52 am

I'm actually careful didnot doesn't even know about the armor and damage reduction thing. I'm saying armor tpye reduction and damage type reduction play different roles entirely. Haven't you ever notice how long it takes to kill an agility hero ultra late game when they're cranking on that agility it isn't entire damage reduction it is the fact that their armor is effectively increasing their ehp while damage reduction is simply reducing the amount of damage they take. So say if a hero has 700 armor and add to that 400 HP regen it effectively makes them unkillable in duels because it will take far too much time to effectively deal that amount of damage.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: question about a skill   question about a skill EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:00 pm

ohh, right, yeah, I recall that. Slipped my mind, and I didn't pick it up in the above post.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

PostSubject: Re: question about a skill   question about a skill EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 am

Awesome, yeah I got random with that skill on The Badger, and it was freanking Tank. like The Great Wall. I can see my new Pub build with Death Strike, Defend, Endurance Aura.
That way, I can keep it on and still have max movement and the early magic reduction with 10% to deflect? This was a sweet find for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about a skill   question about a skill Empty

Back to top Go down

question about a skill
Page 1 of 1