Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int I_vote_lcapHelp Improve my Play w/ agi/int I_voting_barHelp Improve my Play w/ agi/int I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int I_vote_lcapHelp Improve my Play w/ agi/int I_voting_barHelp Improve my Play w/ agi/int I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob
Nooblet
Nooblet

Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int Empty
PostSubject: Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int   Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Okay, I always have trouble using Agi or int builds in CHA.
It would have to involve me beating people in terms of levels and gold to win with one.

In pubs, I usually go with a STR build because I find most of the pubs i play in to last until endgame.

In this replay, I tried Int again.
-Naga Sea Witch or w/e
-Corrupt Flesh
-Hex
-Brilliance Aura
-Mana Shield

Yiff was in this pub but i forgot his build except for Terraptus and stun field.

The Modes are
-Dark Mode
-Fast Leveling mode
-extreme creeps mode
-autoheal mode
-bonus stats
-kill count +something

http://www.mediafire.com/?jr1juzz1zhj

I put points into corrupt flesh first, and then hex, and then corrupt flesh, and then brilliance aura

From now then, I switch between corrupt flesh and brilliance aura. Adding points into mana shield whenever the opprtunity pops up.

I did poorly until yiff started his rag quest. I made an immortal shoulders and doombringer at this point. I ninjaed the 2nd tome and Rag's horn and armor. He took the sword.

And again, I started winning duels.
Made immortal shield and
Started creating immortal armor

Took Atma weapon from that gargoyle thing
The reason why I came back at that time is to find the magic essence but yiff seems to take it. I would sell that magic essence for extra gold.
I started toming and making another immortal shoulders.
It was GG when I killed Lich and took a 2nd immortal armor.

(I didn't watch the replay yet)

So yeah,
I'm not comfortable rolling wth int/agi builds. Any idea what items would help early game with these heroes? Like, I want an agi hero with at least one spell but I want to do well with him where I can win late game.
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int   Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:41 pm

the reason you're not doing well is you have no farming ability, and brilliance aura is redundant with a mana shield build as well. Try this; drop ur brilliance aura for acid rain if you want to keep corrupt flesh. Or drop corrupt flesh for flamestrike or simmilar aoe nuke. In eitehr case don't get brilliance aura. Id replace it with befuddle or hex.

Now a starting build ive seen accursed usign might work well in this case. Glittering tiara and boots of speed. Rush crown of godess, with maybe a magic shield for a little armor. Crown will give u a lot of nice stats, as a 15 mana a second brilliance aura built in. Spam the shit out of your nuke, you know what, you could get acid rain and flamestrike and auto kill creep zones if u wanted XD, but that might be too silly.

Grab timebenders and build rest of shell of the mana godess and get some criticals somewhere in there. (try to always have a timebender or endurance aura with u.) As soon as you can, go own fire boss, build most of your immorals shoulders, but don't finish it until you get auroric set and a decent weapon with crit, then go wherever u want from there.

Edit: Forgot shroud of the thief god XD get that for sure, 35% evasiona nd 250 agl/int is ownage on u.

Last edited by Soul_Thirst on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

PostSubject: Re: Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int   Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Those are some goofy modes, and in general, I'd say that you should practice with no modes other than perhaps fast creep. But if you must play with modes, pay attention to which ones are chosen. Extreme creeps makes it all but necessary to play a build with a strong creeping skill; your above build did not have one, so that is probably the main reason for poor performance before late game (I haven't actually watched your replay, only going by what you've stated here).

In general: Mana shield is usually an excellent choice for an int hero, but it's important to know how to play it. One very potent way to play a mana shield build with a creeping skill is to start straight towards high mana items and rely mainly on the skill (something like chain lightning) for creeping. Try starting with an item that gives decent int or mana; I like to use the Glittering Tiara, and grab boots of speed with what's left over. Don't make the mistake, however, of building an oyster; a hero with high mana but next to no armor/hp/other stats. Relying solely on mana shield will not work in a situation when you are facing a challenge. Luckily, there are some fantastic low-mid range items that give int with very powerful bonuses to back you up; the thief's mask is one of my favourite items, giving you int and agility while not neglecting your health, with its 1000hp boost.

For agility, you may be tempted to focus on the strong attribute of attack speed and damage, but again, be sure to toughen up along the way. The trusty fire orb does a good job early, and you can then try to build something for defense, say, set armor, or the assassin's garb from the new shop. You say you want to use a spell; if those items don't give you enough mana, don't be afraid to build something int-focused to get your creeping cycle started, and sell it later if you no longer need it. Where you go from there depends on the nature of your build; your skills should dictate how early you move towards higher end items. The Mastery of the Ring is a simple and effective choice, and it's something you'll almost always have a good reason to make some time between early and mid game, whether you're planning on making a Ring of Masterful Shielding, building an immortal's shield, or just hanging on to it for the great usefulness of its armor, stats, and wind walk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int   Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Improve my Play w/ agi/int
Page 1 of 1