Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Counter for Avatar? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Counter for Avatar? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Counter for Avatar? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Counter for Avatar? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Counter for Avatar? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Counter for Avatar? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Counter for Avatar? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Counter for Avatar? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Counter for Avatar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Counter for Avatar? I_vote_lcapCounter for Avatar? I_voting_barCounter for Avatar? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Counter for Avatar? I_vote_lcapCounter for Avatar? I_voting_barCounter for Avatar? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Counter for Avatar?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FuzzyBanana92
Average Player
Average Player
FuzzyBanana92

Counter for Avatar? Empty
PostSubject: Counter for Avatar?   Counter for Avatar? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Is there a counter for avatar...? Just seems like there is nothing to use against it...
Back to top Go down
bloodrill
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
bloodrill

PostSubject: Re: Counter for Avatar?   Counter for Avatar? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:19 pm

I think darkness does, but I've never tried.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Counter for Avatar?   Counter for Avatar? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Wind Walk and general have hig move speed. Skills go through avatar such as Slow Wards aura, Poison Stings slow (I could be wrong but I beleive the slow stacks if 2 or more get it) Death Orb may not do damage but it still stuns the avatared unit.
Back to top Go down
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

PostSubject: Re: Counter for Avatar?   Counter for Avatar? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Depends what you mean...

Are you talking about getting beaten in duel because avatar prevents you from using spells that are crucial to you? If so, you could attempt to avoid the enemy until avatar ends.

Are you asking if there is a counter skill or build for facing an enemy using Avatar? If so, there is no definitive answer, because CHA is very unlike Rock-Paper-Scissors; the appropriate counter strategy would depend on other aspects of the opponent. It wouldn't be too useful if I suggested something like "well, avatar makes them spell-immune, so just do a build that uses no spells." As you may already know, there are effects that seem spell-like that will still affect an enemy under the effects of avatar, such as slow ward, poison, and certain effects of ultimate spells, but I wouldn't call any one of these a "counter."

There may be no answer to your question, at least no answer of the kind you're looking for... not everything has a clear or simple "counter," such as a single skill or item. Rather, you ought to look to think of countering someone in terms of many different adaptations to your style during the game, which all act to mitigate the effectiveness of the opponent.

If you're looking for general tips against any enemy using Avatar, a few things do come to mind, though you should always be sure not to considering just one aspect (like a certain skill) of the opponent when designing your strategy...

-Be mindful of skill cooldowns. Your opponent is probably going to use Avatar during each duel; this will make it easy for you to determine when that skill is cooling down. Use this to your advantage (ie. realize that if you can use spells to gank your opponent, they will not be able to escape if you make your attack when Avatar is cooling down)

-Be mindful of the advantages that Avatar provides, and prepare to mitigate these if possible. (ie. Avatar allows you to bypass the effects of spells that bosses use, which makes it possible to take down bosses earlier; therefore, be ready to hinder your opponent should they attempt to do a boss run early)

These, however, are rather vague suggestions and are really nothing more than general playing tips... a more specific answer would require more parameters.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Counter for Avatar?   Counter for Avatar? EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Well obviously the counter to ava is avoidance. Sometimes its possible other times no. Another thing you oould do is disable the ones who didnt get ava and focus fire the ava guy to death. Actually while Avatar is strong many skills go right through and still pawn the avatar user which as you may of guess are ultimates. Ultimates counter other ultimates with the exception being locust and doom roots (they dont counter ava). Wraith of hell still damages and stuns the person in avatared state. A very weak point of ava is the mere fact it increases your collision size which makes it incredibly easy to box them in with summons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counter for Avatar?   Counter for Avatar? Empty

Back to top Go down

Counter for Avatar?
Page 1 of 1