Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
How does defend work? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
How does defend work? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
How does defend work? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
How does defend work? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
How does defend work? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
How does defend work? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
How does defend work? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
How does defend work? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
How does defend work? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
How does defend work? I_vote_lcapHow does defend work? I_voting_barHow does defend work? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
How does defend work? I_vote_lcapHow does defend work? I_voting_barHow does defend work? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

How does defend work?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

How does defend work? Empty
PostSubject: How does defend work?   How does defend work? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:21 am

How does the skill defend work? Is it a trigger heal kind of like the Bristle Back hero in dota or is it something else entirely? Shoot I have to stop assuming everyone plays the greatest game in the world. The hero Bristle Back has a passive ability that reduces damage. How it works is it takes the incoming damage and instantly heals it back to the hero. If it works this way armor stacking and defend will stack alright. If it doesnt defends damage reduction + the damage reduction recived from armor items will not be very high. If you have aleady high damage reduction the most defend will add is another 5-8% tops.
Back to top Go down
biki
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: How does defend work?   How does defend work? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 pm

i think glorn said before damage reduction doesnt stack
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: How does defend work?   How does defend work? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Um yes it does. Damage Reduction stacks with dimishingly returns. Damage Block doesnt stack theres a big difference. Now here is what confuses everyone on even me a little Damage Reduction stacks with dimished returns but armor stacks fully. Every point of armor adds about 6% of your maximum hit points to your EHP or the amount of damage needed to kill you. Armor and Damage Reduction are completly independent of each other. Check out some answers I found some guys guide on it he even proves it with mathcraft and everything.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: How does defend work?   How does defend work? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:00 pm

yeah, damage reduction (reduces damage by 200) stacks with deminishing returns, but not with itself. the question is, does say, 90% reduced damage (from armor) stack with 65% reduced damage of defend?

late game, fighting rag, there is a noticable difference between having defend on and off, but that doesnt help answer anything as far as math craft goes.

end game, an extra 5-8% damage reduction is a lot though, every 1% is a lot once you beak 90% and have an item evasion. 5% of 1000 damage is still 50 damage reduced per hit. very late game, most players have 3000 damage, and attack 2 times per second. every second of fighting, you are saving yourself 300 HP with an extra 5% damage reduction. in a duel that lasts 1 minute, that is 18000 HP. (some mathcraft for you)
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: How does defend work?   How does defend work? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 12:09 pm

It is a lot assuming damage reduction works like spell reduction I will use neura's math formula. The highest damage reduction I have ever reached in a game is 95% and that was with Immortals Sheild, Mask, and Armor.

(1 - (1 - .95) * (1 - .65)) * 100
(1 - (.05) * (.35)) *100
(1 - (.0175)) * 100
(.98) * 100= 98% Damage Reduction
The absolute least amount of damage reduction Defend adds is 3% but come on if you have all those items you already won and dont care.

Realistic if you went something like Sheild you will have about 88% Damage Reduction

(1 - (1 - .85) * (1 - .65)) * 100
(1 - (.15) * (.35)) * 100
(1 - (.0525)) *100
(.95) * 100 = 95%
so in most cases it will add 7% Damage Reduction.

Something I have wondered (for my self) Using Ring of Masterful Sheilding Alone

(1 - (1 - .60) * (1 -.65)) *100
(1 - (.40) * (.35) *100
(1 - (.14))*100
(.86) * 100= 86%
So this would add about 26% Damage Reduction maybe one of the best builds you can do with this skill would be Ring of Masterful Sheilding and Rushed Immortals Boots. Or well for an intelligence hero Shroud of the theif god and Immortals Boots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does defend work?   How does defend work? Empty

Back to top Go down

How does defend work?
Page 1 of 1