Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Ranger build please EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Ranger build please EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Ranger build please EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Ranger build please EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Ranger build please EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Ranger build please EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Ranger build please EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Ranger build please EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Ranger build please EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Ranger build please I_vote_lcapRanger build please I_voting_barRanger build please I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Ranger build please I_vote_lcapRanger build please I_voting_barRanger build please I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Ranger build please

Go down 
+6
imsofattest
Britlind
epicpowda11
silentlion
Glorn2
dookie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dookie
Unranked
Unranked

Ranger build please Empty
PostSubject: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Can anyone give me a really good ranger build
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 pm

ranger? as in, not dark elf? cute, not many people go for this hero, even though she is better than the elf.

Alright, you will need a farming skill, I wuld suggest pulverize!

why pulverize? because your misc. skill will be endurance aura! this will enhance pulverize. faster attack=more procs.

as a dual leveling-skill build, you wont be too strong in the very late game, but ranged agility always have the end game weakness, so you should know that before picking the hero.

for a defensive skill, pick Stun Field. This will give you the end game power you need. combine it with a stone talon, for extreme slowing ability. when they get close, cast stun field, run to max range, and start pounding them with stone orb. this really doesnt work too hot against ranged, but stun field wil still stun them.

for your ult, you can pick anything you like. avatar will really help with pvp, but if you feel you will be leveling slow, get mets or something. a demon spawn would be very strong in both pvp and creeping, as it would help you stun and slow, while tanking damage.

Items are pretty simple, as you need very little mana, I would suggest getting:
fire orb
boots of speed
imbued mail
the one ring
scept. of immo
sielding staff
ring mastery
set armor
ring of masterful shielding
panths armor
upgrade fire orb
get stone gauntlets
immortals shield
stone talon

from there, do anything, immortals boots are suggested, then helm, then ring. but, do w/e floats your boat.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
silentlion
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:24 pm

I was just sort of playing around and i found that

Ranger
Spirit Wolves
Slow Ward
and pretty much anything for your ult spell. Im not sure if crit master works for ranged but that wud help a lot if u were to choose that.
and for your innate, either the armor bonus or the attack speed bonus wud help u

The wolves work great with bot creeping and PvP. They act as tanks for creeping and barriers for PvP. Basic strategy = Run just out of range > Wolves come out and creat ur walll > Ur ward goes just behind ur wolves and u can use ur ult spell whenever u like depending on what u pick.

For items, basically what Glorn said, it aitn to difficult to see what works with rangers and what doesnt.

**NOTE** I have never tried this build in a "Start at LV1 Game" it wud be pretty difficult to start off with this build, starting at 8 or 20 wud be better cuz u already got points to put into ur wolves/slow but if u do start at 1, level wolves mainly, slow ward secondary with rejuv thrown in every once in a while to keep the amount it heals up and obviously ur ult whenever possible.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:33 pm

@Glorn... Pulverize on ranged? have you ever tested that? its shit haha. When you ranged-kite creeps pulverize doesn't do shit, which then you must stand in the middle and let them all attack you, which pretty much defeats the purpose of being ranged. If you dead set on ranged agility, which is gross imo i would go something thing...

Soulburn/Corrupt Flesh/Death Strike
Evasion/Hex
Acid Rain
Life Regen

Start with Basic Assassins
Glittering Tiara
Upgraded +5 Agility Cloak
Crown of Ages
Upgraded Scale Mail.
Upgrade your agi cloak
The One Ring
Set Armour
Shielding Staff
tThe +125 Agi ring
Elusive Cloak
Mastery of The Ring
Ring of Speed Demon
Upgrade Orb of Choice with gloves
Ring of Masterful Shielding,
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:34 pm

And toss a panth armour somewhere in there.
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 pm

well...tbh epic that was a 3.1 build so the stats on pulv were somewhat different...though ur right it still sucks shit haha.
@silentlion wolves are pretty decent, but unless you get ahead in levels they die to creeps fast, even with puppet master. also, with wolves, you don't want to let them tank for you, you want to be the one taking damage as the wolves do high dps but cannot take much damage.
and as far as agi ranged goes, I personally like the storm panda better than any other
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:45 pm

actually i won a game with pulverize on ranged against someone decent (cant think of the name) it works fine target the ranged creeps and let the melee ones walk up to you get hit by pulverize and then walk away
bonus stats is better with pulv imo on any hero because endurance aura is so cheap for agi
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Quote :
@silentlion wolves are pretty decent, but unless you get ahead in levels they die to creeps fast, even with puppet master. also, with wolves, you don't want to let them tank for you, you want to be the one taking damage as the wolves do high dps but cannot take much damage.

Wolves and Puppet on Space Orc, get power set as your second item for devotion aura then Helm of the War God. Though your right on taking the damage, if you can keep aggro somewhat to you your wolves will never die. Well I never had an issue with it and I've ran that build in clan matches and won..

And ya I agree with fat, endurance skill is for strength, team build and summon. Endurance on Agi is a waste. you can get 15% endurance for ... 2400 gold, 30% is another 6k after that. (Cloak of Fox and Elusive Cloak). Which then turn into Ring of Speed Demon, which EVERY agi character should be getting. After you lose endurance for that hook up a totemic.

strength is also good on endurance from items with staff of speed. +125 strength, .. 20-30% endurance? and 500 heal with a relatively low CD. Also, guardian ward also provides a nice endurance aura, combined with devotion and a decent attack damage and good ward health/armour. And ya bonus stats is quite nice. Smile

But ya, you can make pulverize work when you need to, but why waste your offensive skill on something that struggles. Either way your still not going to hit the majority of the creeps wth pulverize like you would going melee tank. I'd rather get BoF or Shockwave, or swap it for stormbolt / soulburn or something like that and sub in a better farm skill..

Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Pulverize is based off bash which means it deals physical damage on range in other words Melee Pulverize is considerably better. But I could be way wrong on this.

Isnt this like a year old? I dont even think this guys around anymore.

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Pulverize is based off pulverize, actually >< I recently learned this for myself.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Quote :
Pulverize is based off pulverize,

thats possibly the most profound thing i've heard come out of your mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:34 pm

To be fair most likely the same rules still apply Physical for range and Magic for Melee.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 pm

actually, pulv goes out from the hero. Some people claim it affects magic immunes? I havent tested it, but, claims iz claims.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 pm

To make matter worse Ava doesnt make one completly magic immune.

I remember old school mets raping my ava at times where one hit was like 13 HP from killing me but when I got like Cloak the near auto kill was like pff barely scratches me.
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 pm

and btw pulv does hit magic immunes, weirdly though if you get weak c, it doesnt amp the damage magic immunes take. Least thats what it has seemed like
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 pm

weakC doesnt affect magic immunes.

ultimates go through avatar, btw.
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 pm

so...does weak c hit ava? bc i could have sworn fats wasted it on me for 0 dmg
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 pm

Well even if weak c affected avatar what would the point of it be, you cant cast anything and the ultimates that go through ava dont do damage.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:20 pm

weak C doesnt hit ava, and doesnt deal damage.

Most of the Ult farming skills hit ava, that is what I means. Real game ULT skills.
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:22 pm

sry didnt mean weak c, i meant silent night
Back to top Go down
bribri24
Unranked
Unranked
bribri24

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:37 pm

this is my first post so here it goes

ranger with tentacle which is good farm skill, for the second hex is a good late game skill, attributes would be the third skill, innate skill would be life bonus, ultimate would be demon spawn.I just learn this last night by wrathtoruin and it works perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 9:41 pm

that is a decent build a semi-generic setup. For those of you viewing at home, here is the best way to play the build:
first, I suggest trying this build on POTM, who has better MS and int, but much lower agi.
Main level tents until it is rank 3, off leveling attribute bonus. then start main leveling attribute bonus, and off leveling tents to 6. Once tents is 6, start off leveling hex. There is no need for 1 point into hex early unless it wil help counter an opponents ability; you wont have the mana to make it work.

In pvp, summon demon, summon tents, demon stun. Get an ice orb as well, by 2nd duel.

Items:
If POTM is your hero, mana shouldnt be a problem. Start with the basic assassins set. Grab an infused cloak for first duel, along with potions and boots of speed. any extra gold, try for a warriors ring; if you only have 700ish extra gold, power shield. Less than that, get the 1000 HP potion over the 500 hp potion. After first duel, go for thiefs token, frost orb, one ring, supersonic ring, one ring, mastery of ring, shielding staff. From here build items based on your opponent. Do not get a weapon unless it is a counter to your opponent. Agility is better off using items that give AGI than weapons.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Yeah that should work a bit better the set if skills I gave him were just more of an overall outline for a balanced agi set for low int.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:43 am

Can someone say; "IT'S ALIIIVE!"

Thread died a year back.

Oh well, at least it's on-topic, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ranger build please   Ranger build please Empty

Back to top Go down

Ranger build please
Page 1 of 1