Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) I_vote_lcapUnlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) I_voting_barUnlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) I_vote_lcapUnlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) I_voting_barUnlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)

Go down 
+7
carefulibite
dm_knight
Xejon
Chao_Chaos
B-rad
verti89
Glorn2
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) Empty
PostSubject: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 11:25 am

I have a lot of people who are on my testing list, and most of them have played it. Lab was kind enough to delete all of our clan stuff from his forum, so all those pages are now lost... So starting over...

People who have played my newest map, discuss it here. Any problems, anything overpowered, broken, worthless. Try to keep all posts about the new edit in here. Any good points made can affect my editing, so be sure to point out everything you find.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Comment on Mr Freeze. I think his reduced move/attk speed are TOO much of a detriment. I am not really sure what the solution is, but as he is, it is near impossible to compete early game against a legit opponent.
Back to top Go down
B-rad
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:24 pm

The volcano ultimate is quite unfair. I have never seen it NOT kill anyone. It always succeeds 100% of the time. One player used it in a duel to kill four people at once. No other spells were required, it just killed all four of us instantly. With no chance to escape of course since it stuns as well. It was also used to gank that game. It does enough damage to kill and it stuns, so it's basically a finger of death with splash damage.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:36 pm

hey b-rad, i fixed that, no worries. I both lowered damage, and stun duration. It still creeps very well, and is good for pvp, but, you can run out of it and only get hit twice now, or have enough time to cast a spell or something in it.

verti, alright, I will up his move speed a little, and give him some base damage, so he hits harder. I want his BAT to be high though.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:40 pm

what is BAT?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:57 pm

Base Attack Time. Higher=slower attack.
Back to top Go down
Chao_Chaos
Nooblet
Nooblet
Chao_Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:34 pm

I found that in single team mode in one of my games it had the leveling glitch. There was no real reason for it, settings were 150%, unlim weps, and extreme creeps. In the other forum it seemed like you all thought it was because of a custom kick but I have no idea why it would happen in single team mode.

Also In a different game I killed badger and nothing dropped. I thought I read somewhere you made it so it would always drop an item. I happened to kill the image first, idk if this has anything to do with it.

All in all I'm not sure which edit I even have but it's the beta3 so maybe that's a good one?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 1:38 pm

Hmm, I fixed the drop, but I think lab was editing shit, and sent me my map back, and i forgot to add that shit back in... Because In the past week, I've found a handful of things I thought I fixed, that wernt fixed! I will make it so he always drops at least 1 item!
Back to top Go down
Xejon
Nooblet
Nooblet
Xejon

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 2:51 pm

B-rad wrote:
The volcano ultimate is quite unfair. I have never seen it NOT kill anyone. It always succeeds 100% of the time. One player used it in a duel to kill four people at once. No other spells were required, it just killed all four of us instantly. With no chance to escape of course since it stuns as well. It was also used to gank that game. It does enough damage to kill and it stuns, so it's basically a finger of death with splash damage.

rofl, you played me in a pub.
Back to top Go down
dm_knight
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm

i was wondering if you nerfed the death strike ability, the thing i noticed is that if someone is lucky enough to hit a few of these on their opponent it practically decides the game.
Back to top Go down
Xejon
Nooblet
Nooblet
Xejon

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 11:29 pm

dm_knight wrote:
i was wondering if you nerfed the death strike ability, the thing i noticed is that if someone is lucky enough to hit a few of these on their opponent it practically decides the game.

I doubt that Glorn will be nerfing DS anytime soon, as mathematically speaking it's one of the worst abilities in the game.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:19 am

^_^ SOMEONE in vent was listening to me.

Do some quick math on DS... 5% for 6.5X damage. If we multiply the % factor by 5, and divide the damage by 5, the damage output would be the same. 5X5=25%. 6.5/5=1.3X DS at max level is equal to a 25% chance to crit for 1.3X. Combat mastery rounds up to a 25% chance to crit for 1.5. Combat mastery also gives evasion.

Crit on Searing Sword is 25% for 1.33X
Crit on level 12 DS is 25% for 1.30X

The best part about this skill though... Is that all of you people think it is the best, and most OP skill in the game. In all reality, it is quite possibly the most worthless skill in the game. And no, after you read this, I won't buff it, because most of the CHA community still believes it is insanely OP.
Back to top Go down
B-rad
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:39 am

Whenever I use death strike it never seems to work because the chance of it happening are so low that it doesn't matter. Of course it occasionally happens, but it's almost always on some random creep that was about to die anyway.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 11:43 pm

Although death strike is a pretty bad skill its not the worse passive in the game. The worse passive in the game is an innate skill on I think 3 heroes and its called Bash. 5% chance to bash for .5 secs, thats complete garbage.
Back to top Go down
dpb_94
Nooblet
Nooblet
dpb_94

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:02 am

BadChaPlayer wrote:
Although death strike is a pretty bad skill its not the worse passive in the game. The worse passive in the game is an innate skill on I think 3 heroes and its called Bash. 5% chance to bash for .5 secs, thats complete garbage.

but passive skills can get worse just look at the sniper, flare.... whats up with that lol
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 1:57 am

Hey glorn, ive been a fan of this map for quite some time. I lost interest in wc3, but came back to it about a year ago cuz of this map / dota.

Anyways a few things to mention. I like the additions of buyable high lvl items, saving time making the pieces. New immortals items r cool too. (Maybe a fusion of 6 immortals items into 1 super immortal item maybe?)

Anyways a few things i've noticed that need your attention.

-Using tetra essence on peon causes a critical error, crashing game for all players
-Luring the corruption guardian out into the main field makes it permanently impossible to get corruption essence, as he does not respawn
-Sometimes if a player goes afk and doesnt pick a hero, duel timer will NEVER start
-removal of lmao and omg sounds which make CHA so awesome
-Sometimes godlike doesn't sound =/
-Death strike doesnt work on creeps anymore, (is this intentional?)
-while i was pumped for new version's skills, a lot of skills are still useless in comparison to similar skills (eg. acid rain) as well as a several of the new spells.

All that being said i really like ur map, it sone of my favorites, i have alot of ideas to share if you and lab monkey are interested. Keep up the good work!!

ps. My account is soul_thirst online battle net, im always down for a CHA game, on US EAST.
(edit I CAN HOST)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 am

I will attempt to address your worries, and some will be put on the bug board.

1) I might combine 6 immortals items in the next edit into an OMGROFLSTIX, just for entertainment, but in all honesty, I dont want people sitting in a game for 2 hours, farming, so that they can see it. The old CHA edits, that was all that was ever added. A new shiny object at the end, so people would farm for 2 hours and get it to slaughter a noob. If I do decide to make this, there will be a lot of humor involved in the creation of it.

2) Yes, tetra essence crashes the game, just like using tomes on your peon. I knew that, and forgot to fix that >< (bug board didnt remind me) I'm not sure if I should make a reminder on it "do not use on peon" or simply remove the "use" ability altogether. This will be addressed though.

3)The AFK think was addressed somewhere else on here. I looked into it, and discovered to REALLY fix it, I would have to change a bunch of slayers code, which is a hodgepodge. My plan is to jimmie-rig a quick fix to it, so that red can type something, and make it start. Sometimes, in the game, if you type -kr or -kc it will start the timer up, but not always.

4) There are new sounds. 3 new sounds. I plan to change the sounds every edit, and when I get bored, I will bring back the most popular ones. Before there was "omg" "lmao" "idiot!" and "wanna fight?" Now there is "Fuck you!" "Avenged!" and "sorry"

5)IDK why godlike doesnt sound, maybe I pressed the wrong button while adding my sounds.

6)Ohh wow, wtf? I'm gonna have to talk to lab, and see if he started messing with shit... I was about to say "are you stupid" but I opened W/E and looked at DS, and yeah, it is set to heroes only. wtf? Lab is the only person to touch my map other than me, and I didnt mess with DS... Yeah, this will be fixed, fast, thank you for this.

7)Me and Kon are working on a write-up of all the new skills, and old skills. I have found a use for all of the new skills, and been able to incorporate them into builds as "strong" skills. And have you used acid rain yet? It is strong... Not like the toury edit, but, balanced, and pretty good until the mid 20's, when a lot of skills start going bad. Give it a while before you start declaring skills "worthless"

Thanks for your feedback and such, I am copy/pasting some of this to the bug board, to make sure i fix it! Stop by channel Clan CHAO sometime, our clan is pretty good and hosts a lotta games.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:02 pm

ok glorn u love your newest version i use to hate it because i sucked at it but now i like it =]
i like the creep spawn in it now idc about playing 5v5 or big games..
your version is the best out of all the other versions thats my opinion want to say your a genius for coming up with all those items and new skills =P
Back to top Go down
B-rad
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:15 pm

So the new version is fine and all, but what exactly is this "Capture the Flag" element?
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:19 pm

alright then. Btw u missed my second bug.

You maybe should look into dota for some of there tricks. ie

- fusing items with a full inventory,
- widening range of ur hero to buy from buildings.
- Randomized events such as something like *Ragnaroks hero (a mini ragnarok) has been summoned to the field, which will randomly patrol the area appropriate to the highest lvl hero's lvl, killer of it recieving gold.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 10:27 pm

your corruption guard bug, does it still exist? I thought it was fixed in unlimited 2. Thats why i didnt address it.

i feel the range on the shops is fine, as it has been like that for 4 years. you have a movable stash, and you can buy and hold onto recipes. the 1 second it takes to drop and pick up an item isnt high enough on my list to re-code every single item combo in the game.

I try not to take things from dota, yes, everyone loves dota, if i wanted to have dota, i would play dota. I dont want to take their shit unless it cant be helped.

We gave thought to random events of that nature a while ago, but came to the conclusion that something of that nature, if encountered one of the weaker players, would destroy them, and put the player gap even further apart. Whereas, a stronger player, killing it, would again, make the gap even larger.

I'm not sure if you've noticed throughout the edits, I attempt to lower the player gaps. It was annoying as hell how in old edits, people can hit 16 for the first duel (yes, I've done it, without cheating) and by the first duel, the game is already decided.
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 5:58 am

Woah. Are you serious? I dont think i've ever been over lvl 10 by first duel... Must of been a really rigged version. Btw i was mistaken about the guard bug, its gone it appears.

Regardless if its in dota or not, they are good things for any map to have. Fusing items when u have 6 items in inventory, without dropping 1 is convenient. Unless its a lot of coding, i havn't made maps since star craft which was all events, triggers, and conditions, i don't really know the wc3 w/e.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:55 am

yeah, it is annoying. I actually found the code for fusing items like that, I was helping someone else with a map, and thats the code they were using. It is a good solid half of a page trigger per item, and I would have to remake it for all.. idk, how many recipes are there? ~180? even if it only took 10 minutes per trigger that is 2000 minutes, or ~30+ hours.

One thing I am considering doing though, is re-doing the OLD recipes, which wouldnt be hard, to allow them to be held in your inventory like all the new ones.
Back to top Go down
dpb_94
Nooblet
Nooblet
dpb_94

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:56 am

i was just wondering i was in a game today and i was panderian warrior and my team mate got the skill roar and when we he used it and i used panderians extra skill roar they would stack so you would have 2 roars(one much better but still) did you mean to do this?
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 am

the 2 roars are different skills the one u pick is a set # the bace abilitie is baced on % so it gets a lot better later in the game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)   Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unlimited 2 Discussion (My new map)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next