Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Cha revolutions 2 review I_vote_lcapCha revolutions 2 review I_voting_barCha revolutions 2 review I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Cha revolutions 2 review I_vote_lcapCha revolutions 2 review I_voting_barCha revolutions 2 review I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Cha revolutions 2 review

Go down 
+3
Sharky
Glorn2
carefulibite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Cha revolutions 2 review Empty
PostSubject: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:20 pm

A public player's review of the new custom hero arena. In this post I will just go over the changes and then give some thoughts on them if I have any. Essentially it is the same as before with a few minor differences.

New Terrain/Duel Arena: The layout is almost the same as before with a few hills and trees and cliffs for players to use to their advantage. The main thing most players will notice is the added creep camp. The duel is much like the terrain up hill/down hill trees and general choke points your more seasoned players will surely use to their advantage.

Agility Reboot: The agility heroes have had their BAT's improved, agility now gains more armor, however agility now gives less attack speed. In order to reach max attack speed you now need 800 agility where as before you only needed 400.

No More Shared Experience: I am of two minds on this change. What made shared experience so bad was a combination of really bad players and your common variety AFK. Essentially they slowed down your leveling rate and you were increasing their levels only to have them feed more gold when they die in duels. The cool thing about shared experience was it prevented players from having their ultimate's by the first duel. It gave players who were learning the game as they play a chance to be in the game. If you spend too long trying to figure out what to buy you can easily fall behind and if the average level of creeps is 4 levels above yours its game over. Shared experience helped out those players a great deal at the expense of their ally. The general tone was if your winning you don't care and if your losing lets piss moan and blame them.

Auto Kick AFK: I would of loved if you guys would have held off on removing shared experience because this feature solved half the problems with it. My only concern is for players who AFK farm archons. It would be sad if they got kicked.

Ragnarock Mission Remake: The rag portal was moved to where the archons are located. You no longer have to wait through count downs and kill a lever. You just clear the boss stage and get teleported home to heal and rush back through the archonn gateway to the next mission. Your allies can join you at any time where as before with the count down they would wind up locked out of the fun. Here's some big news to some of the legacy players...... Are you ready for this?.... You are no longer safe from enemy aggravation in the ragnarock mission. That's right folks you can ninja kill rag to steal the win like you were able to in the old school custom hero arenas. This should make for an exciting tournament in the close matches that is.

5 New Agility Heroes (Iron Maiden, Chaos Rider, Orc Calvary Leader, Hydra, and Troll Axe Master)
5 New Intelligence Heroes (Ogre Magi, Abomination, Dragon Spawn, Apparition, and Cryptseer)
4 New Strength Heroes (Ogre Warrior, Blood Orc, Catapult, and Pervert)

New Skills
Offensives
Gift of the Magi (10% chance to restore some mana on attacks) Great skill for a DPS caster.

Holy Attacks (15% chance to restore some health on attacks) Potentially OP around late game.

Spit Fire (Fires Fireballs at the direction your facing but greatly slows your moves speed) I would assume this would combo nicely with a trapping kind of strategy or perhaps slow ward.

Sound Wave (Damages and Silences enemies in a line) Shock wave that silences at a higher mana cost.

Over Powering Aura (Damage Aura) A part of me thinks this skill is op as it gives everybody nearly +400 damage. Prior to upgrading orbs most players damage is around 400 so this ability doubles everybody's damage not to mention how powerful it is with summons. Extremely powerful between levels 1-30 to the point that it lives up to its name.

Lava Spawns (Range summons that explode on death)

Seeds of Corruption (Deals damage every second for 5 seconds. When its times up it damages all enemies near its victim) A good skill that can force your foes to separate from their allies. Can be very devastating to an all melee opposing team.

Frozen Shield (20% chance of shooting damage in the area of the attacker that triggers it. Lasts 25 seconds) So an active static shock ability but slightly better as it might hit more then one target when its triggered. I hear that it glitches on higher levels so maybe only invest 7 points into this one.

Defensives
Healing Ward (Summons a ward to heal nearby allies) Good skill I would assume it would combo well with dust storm.

Sonic Boom (Pushes nearby enemies away from you) Seems like it would be a good skill to disrupt channels. Actually after playing this skill against actual players I feel I completely under sold it a little. It works like a disable and a really good one. Pick this skill with a range hero take about 2 steps and push everyone back and whack away.

Hibernate (You become invincible as you go to sleep and regenerate HP) I hear this combos well with Rejuvenation. Apparently this skill doesn't heal you.

Life Boom (Target heals HP over 7 seconds when its duration is up it heals some more HP) The mana poor man's rejuvenation. Very manageable mana cost heal.

Mind Rot (Causes units to lose mana every second and stuns them every time they cast a spell) Its stun appears to be broken but its mana denial is pretty good.

Miscellaneous
Frozen Orb (Sends an orb of frost to an area to deal damage to nearby enemies) The misc. houses version of the fire ward except it can't be killed and deals less damage.

Face of the Void (Deals damage to an area and slows enemies for 6 seconds) The misc. houses version of clap except slightly more damage at later levels and less of a slow.

Blaze (Laces you footsteps in fire dealing damage to nearby foes) Very powerful farming ability just run around in circles.

Land Mines (Invisible land mine that explodes when stepped on) Low mana costing and Low cool down a fairly decent farming ability.

Force Push (Pushes the target back, dealing damage, and slowing them for 6 seconds) At the moment this skill is broken and will only push allied units. If you use it on an enemy unit it only slows them.

Ultimate's
Siphon Life (Steals life from all enemies in a large area and gives it to your hero) It's a tad bit situational as it's mana cost is insanely expensive. So assuming you got opponents running a mass summons strategy 3x 150= 450 HP and if each had 20 skeletons 50x60= 3000 so up to a 3450 HP heal for 300 mana. However if your not facing a bunch of summons its a different story.

Atma Curse (Curses all units in an area around its target, the curse deals damage and stuns the enemy for .2 seconds every second) A decent skill seems a little weak at the moment because its not stunning. Still its damage is pretty good just that Dread curse or Silent night cost no mana while this one is fairly expensive.

Shackles (Binds you to a target they cant move or attack and take damage per second) At first glance I was like why should I get this and not doom roots? Well what is not said in the description is it also silences the target. Combos well with a summons + overpower strategy or tentacles.

Fury Infestation (Summons several permanent critters to do your bidding) Low Mana cost combos extremely well with over power.

Hopefully from the long text of words your learned something useful. I hope I wasn't ranting in this post some times I do so without noticing.

Last edited by carefulibite on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Me and epic were actually just discussing the shared EXP thing. Both of us, as people who enjoy team games, really think it needs to be in the game. The reason I removed it was because how many complaints, from public players, that I got about it. Ive played a handful of public games since then... and it is terrible. I can hit 9 for the first duel, while my team is 2-3. What happens then? The level 9 complains that his team sucks, and is dragging him down. Same as the game with shared EXP when the level 5 complains that the level 4 players are dragging him down, and he should be 9.

It is a damned if you do type thing. This is still a beta though; and it is 1 click to change. I might end up changing it back, especially with the AFK feature. The total time it takes to be marked as AFK is I think 3.5 minutes; maybe 3 minutes. People will just have to AFK a little less while bossing. I think the AFK kick will fix a lot more problems than it will create anyways.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 am

Hibernate doesnt heal.
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Sharky wrote:
Hibernate doesnt heal.
you should put that on the bug board and not this thread. thats what we have the bug boards for. use them please.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 pm

Im sure he already knows.
Back to top Go down
Mikizilla
Average Player
Average Player
Mikizilla

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:03 pm

bring back shared XP
Back to top Go down
Brazzo
Unranked
Unranked
Brazzo

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi guys,

I have been playing revolutions 2 for a while and I found that the afk feature is too short as it is only 2 minutes, many people get kicked as they dont even notice that they are going to be kicked as they are new and are reading the items :S.

I suggest that the time should be 2 mins 30 secs to get noticed and 30 secs to get kicked and the notice to let know that you are afk for too long should be bigger and more noticeable (specially for noobs)

Also as there are more heros/skills i think the pick time should be increased to 4 minutes . If we have to wait 5 minutes average to the map load people would be pleased to have one more minute to read the skills (specially for new players).

Please let me know what you think and if its possible that you include this changes on new versions.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 pm

The AFK feature, I can extend 30 seconds. The problem with it, is that for duels and such, it is disabled... so, if you AFK 2 minutes before a duel... duel start cancels the timer... you AFK for duel... then AFK for 2:30 longer before you are kicked. That is 5+ minutes of dragging your team down. 30 seconds is reasonable, and I can make it spam the screen of the person.

The start timer however, will not be increased... Anyone who played oldschool CHA with me knows... You have to have about a minute and a half to pick a hero and skills... Everyone will always want more time. Why should everyone have to wait for that 1 person? Between oldschool CHA and my unlimited series, I added 40 seconds. With revolutions, I added another 40 onto that. Yes, people do accidently get randomed. Sadly though, that is a fact of life. People will forever be new at games. Play it 3-4 times, and you will learn to pick in time. If I increased the timer to 10 minutes, people would still get randomed; and others would quit because they dont want to wait that long.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:30 pm

You could always try to adapt dotas kick afk feature which isnt auto but promps players that their allies have been afk too long and they can at anytime choose to type -kick afk.
Back to top Go down
Brazzo
Unranked
Unranked
Brazzo

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi Glorn2

30 secs more for the afk timer is good and if you spam the screen people have to notice -.-! .

And for the start time, there always will be quiters and retarded noobs, but i belive that just 30 seconds more can help (smart) new players to have a better build ...

also this is a team game for the long time i wait for the map load i dont mind giving a little more time to help new players and have a more interesting game

what about if you reduce 30 secs the time the red player have to put the options and add it to the hero/skills timer? (is not for me, is for new players)
Back to top Go down
Brazzo
Unranked
Unranked
Brazzo

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:43 pm

sharky thats a brilliant idea
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:20 pm

if poeple are really having that hard of a time they can always create a single player game and pause while they read the skills. there is also a list of most the skills in the game on the forum
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Brazzo
Unranked
Unranked
Brazzo

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm

im talking about giving more chance to new players that are smart to pick good skills but they just need a little more time . i don't know why this can be a problem .. compare to the time we have to wait for the map load is nothing.. (when is a 6v6 takes more than 5 minutes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cha revolutions 2 review   Cha revolutions 2 review Empty

Back to top Go down

Cha revolutions 2 review
Page 1 of 1